Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2016-17

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...run-2017-title

You can't affix an asterisk to a championship. NBA titles require too much precision and will, irrespective of the talent on the roster. Over the course of a season, players and coaches routinely proclaim some variation of, "It's hard to win in the NBA," and that aphorism holds a lot of truth.

The Golden State Warriors understand this firsthand after seeing a 73-win regular season vaporize in seven days last June. Stephen Curry stumbles into the NBA Finals at less than 100 percent. Draymond Green loses his head and gets suspended for Game 5. LeBron James reminds the universe he still reigns supreme, leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to a drought-ending NBA title. The basketball gods lay down a trip wire. It's hard to win in the NBA.

So Kevin Durant's ring doesn't come with a discount or dull under the halo of the Warriors' almost perfect postseason. And it isn't diminished by the fact that, as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, he fell to the Warriors 12 months prior. Golden State's star forward asserted himself as the most dominant player on history's most dominant postseason team in a series crowded with stardom.

If joining the Warriors allowed Durant to do less of the heavy lifting, as some suggested, then he certainly didn't get a notification. He won the Finals MVP Award going away. As much as Durant has been deflecting praise to his teammates from the podium these past two weeks, nobody on the Warriors believes his Finals performance was the product of anyone else's coattails.

The scrutiny of Durant's free-agency choice to join an already elite team too often focused on the misperception that he wasn't willing to carry a team to a championship, that he wanted it to come easy.

As superstars have discovered a new power of self-determination -- elevated by LeBron James in 2010 -- we might see more of them concentrate their talents on a single team. These superstars drive the value of the NBA, so why not leverage that power to find the most appealing situation? James conceded that the practice of elite players joining forces is itself part of the gamesmanship of the NBA. "You have an opportunity to sign one of the best players, and you can do it, go ahead and do it. Why not? If I become an owner, I'm going to try to sign everybody."
    If the Warriors had come up short this postseason, Durant would've been pummeled -- a ring chaser who couldn't even find his car keys when it was time to drive the bandwagon. Instead, he deferred to a system that worked better than the one in which he thrived in Oklahoma City.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

How about Steph Curry trying to sink a pointless 3 with seconds left in an already decided game? Petty douchey move by a non-leader.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    LeBron Is the Greatest Underdog of All Time
    https://theringer.com/2017-nba-final...g-ae9e6abbebec
    The answer is a definitive NO. First of all, LeBron isn't the GOAT. Second of all, LeBron has personally built TWO teams so that if he was an underdog then he is the reason his team was was the underdog. LeBron's original Cavs teams were underdogs, but then LeBron left the Cavs to join Wade and Bosh. LeBron's Miami teams, however, weren't underdogs most of the time he was in Miami. Then LeBron went back to the Cavs and became the de facto GM putting together this Cavs team, which has the HIGHEST salary cap of any NBA team this season, while the Warriors are/were 7th highest!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

5. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    How about Steph Curry trying to sink a pointless 3 with seconds left in an already decided game? Petty douchey move by a non-leader.
    He's good but he annoys me. Like Chris Harris.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He's good but he annoys me. Like Chris Harris.
    Why does Chris Harris bug you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Why does Chris Harris bug you?
    I'm not going to get into here Buff. Wte will use it against us. United at the waters edge etc.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm not going to get into here Buff. Wte will use it against us. United at the waters edge etc.
    #BroncosStrong

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

#BroncosStrong
    #lovetrumpsgayUggs

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Lebron should go join GS too.

Lebron, Curry, Green, Thompson, Iggy, KD

See if people enjoy the NBA then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

No one is forcing you to watch, yet you still do...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Would be fascinating actually but just not enough balls to go around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I feel like Golden State is going to make a huge run in the second or third quarter and it will be all over.
    it was all over back in july. . . next year's all over, too. . . free agency and the draft don't mean a thing. . . .

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I really struggle with this mentality. I hear it all the time in the NFL as well.

I think it is so hard to understand because as a nation you are so cut throat, yet in sports you want to ease off a defeated foe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

76ers and Celtics swapped picks, so 76ers will draft Fultz.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

You can say it. I seldom lurk in this thread.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information