Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Reasons why Trevor Siemian is not the problem in Denver

As a knowledgeable fan I can deal with struggles when I know there's pure talent inside the player, I cannot and will not deal with struggles because you just dont have the talent to play and youI are almost guaranteed to not even be starting next year. Paxton Lynch is elways guy for a reason, elway sees the eye popping talent a franchise quarterback is supposed to have.

I don't feel the need to put Trevor in the same (bracket) as any of those other quarterbacks listed, let alone elway. Smh the dude is just not worthy when be doesnt have natural talent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I look forward to seeing Paxton!
    I like Trevor, but he seems a little "Casper Milquetoast ish" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Oh

It's not to hard to be accurate when the ball is in the air for only ten yards.
    I like Trevor but don't believe he's the long term answer. I think he's a great career back up.
    I think he plays/starts for the rest of the year unless he gets hurt.
    I also think Lynch wins the job in training camp next summer after a year under his belt.
    In the Cincy game he did throw some long ones and they were accurate as well.

To Freyaka's point, his short accuracy has dropped off significantly post injury. There is very, very clear regression in accuracy at all distances, so that either means:
    a: The first 3.5 games of being highly accurate was an anomaly
    b: He's regressed in terms of mechanics or something that would cause accuracy
    c: He's still dealing with the injury, and it's affecting his throw (b above for instance could be due to the injury).

It's possible that his very accurate throwing in the first 3.5 games was the anomaly and he just got lucky those games, in terms of three plus games of accurate passes, and this is the norm. Unfortunately, we no previous NFL experience and very little college experience, we simply don't know which is the real Siemian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    Lol @ comparing Trevor to Peyton manning and carr..... Both manning and carr had clear cut talent, Trevor doesn't have natural talent at all. Give me a break.
    Kurt Warner didn't have any natural talent either, but when he finally got from the Arena league to the NFL, the actually had a pretty good talentless career.
    Elway and Kubiak liked what they saw in Siemian. Kubiak specifically wanted him looked at after watching one of his college games. They have commented on his very good mechanics and strong arm.

What he doesn't have is experience. No NFL experience before this year, and limited college experience. He started his senior year, but blew his knee out. Before his senior year, he was only starting when the other QB was hurt, or when they were too far behind to use their wildcat QB and stuff like that.

So, at this point, we don't know what his talent level or NFL ceiling is.

What we do know, very clearly, is that Kubiak and Elway think he gives the team a better chance to win than the very talented Lynch.

Well ship trevor over to europe for ten years so he can develope after a decade into kirt warner and then bring him back.

Lol @ comparing Trevor to Peyton manning and carr..... Both manning and carr had clear cut talent, Trevor doesn't have natural talent at all. Give me a break.
    I didn't compare him to anyone...I never said he was going to be on their level. He could end up garbage, he could end up really good. My point is that you can't judge a player 8 starts into his career because if you could none of those players I mentioned would have ever had a career. 1st year QB's don't instantly become Peyton Manning even if they do actually have the talent to be that good...It takes time to develop a QB.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

As a knowledgeable fan I can deal with struggles when I know there's pure talent inside the player, I cannot and will not deal with struggles because you just dont have the talent to play and youI are almost guaranteed to not even be starting next year. Paxton Lynch is elways guy for a reason, elway sees the eye popping talent a franchise quarterback is supposed to have.
    And how do you know he doesn't have pure talent? Because of his draft position? Because none of those players showed anymore "pure talent" than Trevor has so far at the same point in their own careers.

You're wasting my time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

For the second year in a row our OL has been putrid. Trevor is playing better this year than Manning or Brock last year. While young and still learning I can't pin much blame on Trevor at this point. Initially he was asked to not lose a game and play within the confines of the system but now they are asking more of the kid, a task made much harder given the fact the OL is playing awful. The play calling leaves a lot to be desired too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You're wasting my time.
    Oh, the irony of this post.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

You're wasting my time.
    Too bad...I wanted to hear you make up a silly reason that he doesn't have "pure talent" that doesn't involve that he was a 7th round draft pick.

Well march your butt into Elway's office and tell him that you will not deal with struggles. I'm sure he'll jump right on benching Siemian.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well march your butt into Elway's office and tell him that you will not deal with struggles. I'm sure he'll jump right on benching Siemian.
    Careful GEM, you might start wasting his time

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Careful GEM, you might start wasting his time
    I just want him to wear a gopro on his head when he goes in and tells Elway that he knows nothing about QB play and who gives this team a better chance at winning.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information