Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm an optimist by my very nature.

Price is going to end up having a strong year in L.A. I've noticed that changing leagues often helps pitchers. Reminds me of Bronson Arroyo going to Cincinnati and doing well there for a bit.
    Price is not a cold weather pitcher. Not sure why he ever wanted to come to Boston given how much he hates pitching in the cold.

I'm not sure how well he will do in LA either. I heard he hates pitching in the smog.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Price is not a cold weather pitcher. Not sure why he ever wanted to come to Boston given how much he hates pitching in the cold.

I'm not sure how well he will do in LA either. I heard he hates pitching in the smog.
    Why did you guys sign a poor cold weather pitcher? That's weird.

We have the best Smog around! He will learn to love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: MLB weighing major changes to postseason, including growing number of teams to 14

Major League Baseball is mulling significant changes to its postseason, including increasing the number of teams from 10 to 14 and adding a reality TV-type format to determine which teams play each other in an expanded wild-card round, sources told ESPN.

MLB is considering a move in which each league would have three division winners and four wild-card teams making the postseason starting in 2022, sources said. The best team in the league would receive a bye into the division series. The two remaining division winners and the wild-card team with the best record of the four would each host all games of a best-of-three series in the opening round.

Once the teams clinch and the regular season ends, the plan gets congested:
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...umber-teams-14

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think it’s only a good idea if the season is shortened. And I don’t really want the season shortened. I also don’t think it will stop tanking like they think.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think it’s only a good idea if the season is shortened. And I don’t really want the season shortened. I also don’t think it will stop tanking like they think.
    The season should be shortened. It was waaaay too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

If they shorten the season is the revenue made up via more fans attending games, because the games are now more important?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The season should be shortened. It was waaaay too long.
    Not part of the proposal, though. Plus the completely ridiculous reality TV coin flip thing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If they shorten the season is the revenue made up via more fans attending games, because the games are now more important?
    Maybe to some extent, but I would think the player salaries would take a bit of a hit too

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maybe to some extent, but I would think the player salaries would take a bit of a hit too
    MLB Union is too powerful for that, which is why shortening the season probably isn’t on the table. That’d come straight out of the owners’ pockets.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

MLB Union is too powerful for that, which is why shortening the season probably isn’t on the table. That’d come straight out of the owners’ pockets.
    Unions can be dealt with. Of course it would require the owners having the patience and balls to it....so you are right, it won't happen

If both parties make money on the longer season, why would they do it? Quite frankly the only bad....nevermind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Unions can be dealt with. Of course it would require the owners having the patience and balls to it....so you are right, it won't happen
    The owners are already taking heat for not signing mid level free agents. Shortening the season would make that worse and the union wouldn’t agree to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Are the Tigers gonna win the World Series this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Are the Tigers gonna win the World Series this year?
    No.

The owners are already taking heat for not signing mid level free agents. Shortening the season would make that worse and the union wouldn’t agree to it.
    Honestly shortening the season and ditching a quarter of the teams would be a good start to reshaping the game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information