Page 66 of 238 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That is probably the only reason to watch the game tonight.
    I mean...It'll be on youtube probably within 20 minutes...I don't know that it's worth subjecting yourself to that crap show of a game for a 20 minute advanced viewing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean...It'll be on youtube probably within 20 minutes...I don't know that it's worth subjecting yourself to that crap show of a game for a 20 minute advanced viewing.
    Someone will then post it in this thread, so I'll just wait until it appears here.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I figured you'd be the one to post this
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I figured you'd be the one to post this
    It is my duty as creator of the thread!

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have no idea why but even as an old man, I still get that weird butterfly stomach feeling every time I see AT AT's marching in a line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I have no idea why but even as an old man, I still get that weird butterfly stomach feeling every time I see AT AT's marching in a line.
    They are the most impractical, lanky, weirdest looking weapons of war in the Star Wars universe but I've always loved them. I liked seeing them in Rogue One as well. These new one's look pretty neat, but nothing beats seeing those walkers on Hoth through the goggles the first time.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 10-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Its my understanding that Episode VIII was supposed to be released back in May, but they delayed it until December. After watching that trailer, I strongly suspect that it was to give them time to do reshoots in order to address the passing of Carrie Fisher in a manner that a variation of what I described I would do if I was to produce Episode IX shortly after her death.

If I'm the producer of IX, I find someone who can pass as Fisher for about a 5 minute scene. The resistance is betrayed by someone and is ambushed by a force led by Kylo Ren, who personally executes her after she's wounded and captured. It would be the 2nd "book end" of him murdering both of his parents in cold blood. That would start off the movie on a ball of emotion that would carry it through to the end.

The fakeout is strong in this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Its my understanding that Episode VIII was supposed to be released back in May, but they delayed it until December. After watching that trailer, I strongly suspect that it was to give them time to do reshoots in order to address the passing of Carrie Fisher in a manner that a variation of what I described I would do if I was to produce Episode IX shortly after her death.
    Actually it was the next one that was shooting for a May 2019 Release but was pushed back to December, but probably for the same reason. According to Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher was supposed to have a much bigger role in the next two movies but I'm not sure if that was broad strokes of a story or if they had it more plotted out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

A few things after watching the trailer a handful of times:

• This trailer is already more visually interesting than most anything I can remember from The Force Awakens
    • Luke looks like he will have an interesting character arc in this, but I hope they don't Force Ghost him by the end
    • Looks like we will finally get a proper space battle!
    • That shot of Snoke was creepy as hell. Looks much better than he did as the giant hologram in this version.
    • The Finn and Captain Phasma fight that SHOULD have happened in the last one happens here. Still a wasted character so far for such cool armor. Is she the new Boba Fett?
    • I doubt Kylo will kill his dad AND his mom, so it will be interesting to see how Leia goes out. I bet his hesitation leads to Snoke disowning him and trying to recruit Rey.
    • Rey and Kylo working together? I hope they don't go the whole bad guy redemption route. I would like to see Rey go bad maybe. Not quite sure where this is going with only one movie left after this which is good.

Anyway I got tickets for me and my older nerd friends for Thursday night, and then I am taking my family and my son's friend to see it at the Alamo on Friday. I hope this movie is good and doesn't suffer the diminishing returns of The Force Awakens. Looks promising!

A few things after watching the trailer a handful of times:

• This trailer is already more visually interesting than most anything I can remember from The Force Awakens
    • Luke looks like he will have an interesting character arc in this, but I hope they don't Force Ghost him by the end
    • Looks like we will finally get a proper space battle!
    • That shot of Snoke was creepy as hell. Looks much better than he did as the giant hologram in this version.
    • The Finn and Captain Phasma fight that SHOULD have happened in the last one happens here. Still a wasted character so far for such cool armor. Is she the new Boba Fett?
    • I doubt Kylo will kill his dad AND his mom, so it will be interesting to see how Leia goes out. I bet his hesitation leads to Snoke disowning him and trying to recruit Rey.
    • Rey and Kylo working together? I hope they don't go the whole bad guy redemption route. I would like to see Rey go bad maybe. Not quite sure where this is going with only one movie left after this which is good.

Anyway I got tickets for me and my older nerd friends for Thursday night, and then I am taking my family and my son's friend to see it at the Alamo on Friday. I hope this movie is good and doesn't suffer the diminishing returns of The Force Awakens. Looks promising!
    Luke looks legit scared to death of Rey.

Here's how I see the whole Ren thing playing out. Snoke wants him to kill his mom to complete his path to the dark side severing all ties from the light, in the trailer we see him hesitating, I think he doesn't follow through and chooses to let her live. The empire sees this, kills her anyway nudging him back to good.

Regardless, I think the whole scene with Ray and Kyle is a huge giant fake out distraction.

Luke said it best in this trailer "This won't go the way you think it will"

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If you notice the backgrounds for Kylo and Rey are completely different. There are embers falling from the sky behind Kylo and a definite red hue behind him insinuating some kind of fire while the background behind Rey looks like the cave she is in with Luke. Even if the fire is just behind Kylo the backgrounds would not be that tonally different. I think it was edited to give us a false impression. I think Rey's line was delivered to Luke not Kylo.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If you notice the backgrounds for Kylo and Rey are completely different. There are embers falling from the sky behind Kylo and a definite red hue behind him insinuating some kind of fire while the background behind Rey looks like the cave she is in with Luke. Even if the fire is just behind Kylo the backgrounds would not be that tonally different. I think it was edited to give us a false impression. I think Rey's line was delivered to Luke not Kylo.
    I noticed that as well. I think it's far more likely that "I just want someone to show me my place in all of this" was her begging Luke to continue training her after he freaked TF out and noped out of the situation when she terrified him with her raw power as referenced earlier in the trailer.

20. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I am trying to figure it out who is Snoke.

*Darth Sidious? (Who knows? He was tossed away by Darth Vader. However, we did not know if he is still alive or dead. He fell down in the tunnel and left us thinking.)

*Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader? (I doubted him. He showed up in a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi. He looked young and friendly.)

*Darth Plagueis? (In episode III, Palpatine talked about him with Anakin Skywalker. He might still be alive?)

* Brand New Character? (Maybe, he showed up in between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. There was a big battle between Snoke and Luke Skywalker? Snoke and Kylo Ren destroyed Luke Skywalker's Jedi temple?)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information