Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL draft order - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You mean rounds 3 and later?
    nah, everyone is junk after round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    nah, everyone is junk after round 1.
    Finally! Someone gets it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Broncos need Lynch to show something while getting the 1st or 2nd pick (behind SF) so they can get an RGIII haul from Browns. Their wannabe moneyball FO is losing sway with that corrupt owner after their sabatoge of the McCarron deal.

Knock on wood.......
    They can't get anything for Lynch (would YOU give anything for him? NO? Then why would an NFL GM?) and they can't get the #1 or #2 overall pick.

Right now there are TEN teams with 3 or fewer wins:

In draft order (as determined by the NFL):

#1 Cleveland 0-9
    #2 49ers 1-9
    #3 Giants 1-8
    #4 Colts 3-7
    #5 Bucs 3-6
    #6 Chargers 3-6
    #7 Texans 3-6
    #8 Broncos 3-6
    #9 Bengals 3-6
    #10 Bears 3-6

All the 3-6 teams are compared by strength of schedule and other tie-breakers. It's too convoluted for me to determine why the Broncos would pick behind the Bucs, Chargers and Texans.

But you can see that even if the Broncos lose out and go 3-13 they are not getting the #1 or #2 pick in all probability. Even if they finish with the same record as another team they might not pick ahead of them due to tie-breakers. The Browns, Giants and 49ers are all angling for that #1 pick with only 1 or 0 wins.

All in all, the Broncos are likely a top 10 pick. But, that's all we can say. The 49ers and Giants are worse and have worse records. The Giants beat the Broncos but I don't know that matters in breaking ties between several different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They can't get anything for Lynch (would YOU give anything for him? NO? Then why would an NFL GM?) and they can't get the #1 or #2 overall pick.

#1 Cleveland 0-9
    #2 49ers 1-9
    #3 Giants 1-8
    #4 Colts 3-7
    #5 Bucs 3-6
    #6 Chargers 3-6
    #7 Texans 3-6
    #8 Broncos 3-6
    #9 Bengals 3-6
    #10 Bears 3-6

All the 3-6 teams are compared by strength of schedule and other tie-breakers. It's too convoluted for me to determine why the Broncos would pick behind the Bucs, Chargers and Texans.

But you can see that even if the Broncos lose out and go 3-13 they are not getting the #1 or #2 pick in all probability. Even if they finish with the same record as another team they might not pick ahead of them due to tie-breakers. The Browns, Giants and 49ers are all angling for that #1 pick with only 1 or 0 wins.

All in all, the Broncos are likely a top 10 pick. But, that's all we can say. The 49ers and Giants are worse and have worse records. The Giants beat the Broncos but I don't know that matters in breaking ties between several different teams.
    As it stands today, the website in the OP has Denver picking 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Good article in Forbes about draft efficiency. https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/.../#5754322268de

Looks like round 2 and 3 are much more important than most think.
    Not for QBs they aren't. For other positions it's perfectly possible to find quality stars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But, any decent prospect at QB is normally taken in the first round.

Just look at Paxton Lynch! Consensus first round talent, but he had never played in a pro-style offense at Memphis. Would NFL teams draft a LB with similar limitations? Not in the first round.

Think not? Remember Elvis Dumervil? He was drafted in the 4th round because he played at Louisville, despite getting 20 sacks in his senior year. S Will Parks was drafted in the 6th round and is turning into a perfectly serviceable S. Nobody notices because having a 6th round S make good is no big surprise.

If he were a QB it would be a HUGE deal! (Like if Trevor made a franchise starter from being a 7th rounder, which he didn't of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    As it stands today, the website in the OP has Denver picking 6th.
    Does it matter? My point stands. They are tied with 3-6 with 5 other teams. That means some meaningless win in week 14 or 15 could cost them 5 or 6 draft spots. You just can't plan the draft at this point.

All you can do is point out the Broncos are likely a top 10 pick, but probably not in the top 3 because there are 3 teams with 1 or fewer wins ahead of them. Of course the Browns could win 4 games. . . . . yeah right.

We’re gonna get the next Navarro Bowman at #5!

Does it matter? My point stands. They are tied with 3-6 with 5 other teams. That means some meaningless win in week 14 or 15 could cost them 5 or 6 draft spots. You just can't plan the draft at this point.

All you can do is point out the Broncos are likely a top 10 pick, but probably not in the top 3 because there are 3 teams with 1 or fewer wins ahead of them. Of course the Browns could win 4 games. . . . . yeah right.
    Good grief Cugel. Nobody is planning the draft. We're just having a little fun amid the misery of this season.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

This week's Cincy-Denver game becomes critical then.

IIRC, things like head-to-head etc count for nothing in the draft order. It's all strength of sched and if you were 3-13 against a weak sched, you get listed higher than a 3-13 team against a strong sched so playing KC twice, NE, Philly, etc. hurts us in our strength of sched.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

#1 Cleveland 0-9
    #2 49ers 1-9
    #3 Giants 1-8
    #4 Colts 3-7
    #5 Bucs 3-6
    #6 Chargers 3-6
    #7 Texans 3-6
    #8 Broncos 3-6
    #9 Bengals 3-6
    #10 Bears 3-6

You really don't read post befire replying, I hope you know how foolish you look too reply to something that was never said.

12. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We’re gonna get the next Navarro Bowman at #5!
    Whose that?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Good grief Cugel. Nobody is planning the draft. We're just having a little fun amid the misery of this season.
    It's best to ignore cugl most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    This week's Cincy-Denver game becomes critical then.

IIRC, things like head-to-head etc count for nothing in the draft order. It's all strength of sched and if you were 3-13 against a weak sched, you get listed higher than a 3-13 team against a strong sched so playing KC twice, NE, Philly, etc. hurts us in our strength of sched.
    Yes, I believe that is correct. Strength of schedule is the most important tiebreaker for non-playoff team draft picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Mike Klis‏Verified account
    @MikeKlis
    Right now Broncos are drafting in top 10. And they got shot at top 5. Elway/Russell might be interested in UCLA (Rosen)-USC (Darnold) Saturday. #9sports
    2:03 PM - 14 Nov 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Mike Klis‏Verified account
    @MikeKlis
    Right now Broncos are drafting in top 10. And they got shot at top 5. Elway/Russell might be interested in UCLA (Rosen)-USC (Darnold) Saturday. #9sports
    2:03 PM - 14 Nov 2017
    I have to watch more tape but neither of them impress me, the best pocket passed in this draft is the boy from Wyoming, now that quarterback has a boat load of talent too work with.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information