Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos resign Shelby Harris

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Maybe King has C19 and is delusional
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Shelby Harris was better last year, two years younger, less mileage, doesn’t have the injury history and is cheaper. It was a no brainer for the Broncos to make the moves they did.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Shelby Harris was better last year, two years younger, less mileage, doesn’t have the injury history and is cheaper. It was a no brainer for the Broncos to make the moves they did.
    Elway deserves a ton of credit

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Shelby Harris wasn't injured, he was lazy. But go off on Wolfe's injuries. Harris never started a game in Oakland, 2 years, same with the jets, same with his start with the Broncos, didn't give 2 shits till his wife threatened to leave him. Then played hard for a contract and the only reason he'll play hard this season is because the market valued him at what he's shown to be, low effort unless $ on the line. Wolfe starter from day 1, played his ass off, leader, didn't play due to injury, not lazy. Get outta here with that noise.
    Dude had a ******* seizure on the team bus. He had jacked himself up so bad it caused a seizure and his career prognosis was anything but great, yet he battled his ass off and was a damned good player for us for a long time.

Wolfe will be well remembered by me and he'll always have my respect.

6. The Following 10 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Absolutely, this is true, but it doesn't make Wolfe a douche.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Dude had a ******* seizure on the team bus. He had jacked himself up so bad it caused a seizure and his career prognosis was anything but great, yet he battled his ass off and was a damned good player for us for a long time.

I did not know this. I like Wolfe as well. I haven't been following, is Wolfe not a Bronco anymore?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

I did not know this. I like Wolfe as well. I haven't been following, is Wolfe not a Bronco anymore?
    He's a Raven now.

11. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He's a Raven now.
    That sucks. He was a damn good Bronco. He'll be missed.

Not to mention, he gave us the home town discount on his last contract while Malik Jackson took off to Jacksonville for more money.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Yes, it was a good pick up, but to pretend that he and Wolfe were close to the same player with the same heart is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    What? Shelby has worked his tail off the entire time he has been here. The issue other teams might have with him is a lack of talent and that he is an "overachiever" if anything. You would think teams would have learned post-Shaq Barrett that Denver D players are legit.
    They have seemed happy enough to sign or trade for Denver's proven veteran defenders. There's a long list of other teams signing away Broncos FA defenders:

Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, Shaqil Barrett, and now Derek Wolfe.

It's true the Broncos wanted to move on from some of those guys, (Wolfe wasn't even offered a deal by the team). But, it does look like whenever a veteran defender leaves the Broncos there's definitely a market for him elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Not to mention, he gave us the home town discount on his last contract while Malik Jackson took off to Jacksonville for more money.
    The Broncos screwed up by letting Malik hit FA in the first place. He said after he left that he wanted to stay, but that the Broncos refused to re-negotiate the deal in the off season and by the time FA hit, they had already signed Wolfe and didn't have enough money to re-sign Jackson. That was the Broncos decision, not Malik Jackson's. They decided not to re-sign him and wait and see if they could get a better deal done for Wolfe. They regarded Wolfe as the better long-term player.

As it turned out they were right. Jackson had a couple of good seasons but was dropped by Jacksonville after 3 seasons when his guaranteed $15/m a year expired. Denver wasn't willing to match that kind of contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Don't ever **** with us.
    Was it something I said?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Barf
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    No, he did not. He took a contract from us that was bigger than what he would have received at that time. Maybe later he outplayed that contract, but certainly now WHEN he signed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information