Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

I would love it if Denver played the exact same game as the AFC Championship. I think 26 points would be enough to beat the Seahawks.

We had a few nice, long, time consuming drives. We ran the ball effectively enough. Many runs got stuffed for minimal gains, but we still made them play the run. Peyton did't throw deep a whole lot. His passes were all pretty high percentage throws. The longer the ball is in the air, it gives more of a chance for their secondary to make a play on the ball.

Mix in some screens to slow them down a bit.

Most importantly, protect the ball. No turnovers. It's the only thing that has slowed Denver down all year. Settling for a field goal instead of forcing a throw and coming up empty is how we beat the Pats.

I don't think Seattle is going to light our defense up. Wilson will scramble and make some plays, some first downs with his legs, but they won't score more that 24 points against us if we don't give them a cheap score.

I doubt the officials want to be the star of the show, so our skill guys are going to have to win the hand battles. I think they can. They have toughened up since that meltdown in Foxboro.

Man, this is going to be a long wait. So excited!

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No, I said, "all day," specifically to be clear I meant the whole game, not any one drive. And we HADN'T moved it well all day; the two TD drives were (very) nice and the kind of thing I've been wanting to see more of all year. BOTH surpassed a drive last week for our longest of the year. Yet if you'd told me before the season we'd make the playoffs without ANY drives >7:00, and make the SB with only 3 JUST >7:00, I wouldn't have given us much chance.
    I see what you're saying, but I think I'll have to agree to disagree here. To me "not moving the ball well" doesn't mean putting up 507 yards against the Pats, the most Belichick has ever allowed. We've developed a more methodical offense in the playoffs by design, but we will probably still have a lot of shorter drives. My one complaint about this offense all year was that they were feast or famine, and the "famine" was a one minute, two yard, three and out. There haven't been any of those drives in the playoffs. We've punted ONCE in two games. We punted on the first drive on Sunday and scored on every other possession. Every single one. Even if there were more FG's than I wanted, I will take that every time. We held the ball for 35 minutes.

The team missing HALF its starting front seven; you think Mitch Unrein will keep Marshawn Lynch from running up the gut for a TD any better than he did against Brady? Oh, and when trading 2:00 drives for 8:00 drives, guess who probably has the ball last?
    Lynch is good, but he's not the best back we've faced this year and I have no reason to believe we can't stop him. Even when our defense was playing poorly, we were able to stop the run for the most part (I believe we only allowed one 100 yard rusher all year).

This game will most likely be decided by our mediocre D vs. their mediocre offense
    I would tend to agree, but consider that our defense is hitting their stride at the right time. We held the number five and number seven offenses respectively to 33 points in two games. (The Seahawks held the number four and number 24 offenses to similar numbers by comparison). The Seahawks number 17 offense doesn't scare me that much. If we stop Lynch, and again, I think we will, then I'm not all that worried about Wilson. Our LB's are fast and can spy him. He'll try some big plays down the field (hence the yards/attempt stat you quoted) but that's about the only danger I can think of. On a side note, everyone keeps talking about how bad weather would hurt the Broncos. I say it hurts the Seahawks more, as more of our offense is based on short passes.

The real unknown is whether their number one defense can stop our number one (of all time) offense. No one really knows the answer to that yet and that's what makes this game fascinating to outsiders. If they can pressure Manning by rushing four, it will be a long night for us. Otherwise, I see us getting our opportunities and hopefully making the most of them. It's unlikely this team scores more than 20 on us, so can we do more than that against their defense? Honestly, I think so.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Our best way to stop the run is to build up a big lead so teams stop trying to run.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Our best way to stop the run is to build up a big lead so teams stop trying to run.
    Much easier against teams with bad D then the #1 D in the league.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Much easier against teams with bad D then the #1 D in the league.
    No doubt, but it is the main reason our run defense has such great numbers. We usually get the other team into situations where they have to pass to stay in the game. Our run defense hasn't had to play a game for all four quarters other than the Thursday nighter against San Diego. Even in the loss at Indy I don't think we were really concerned with Indy's running game.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Take away the big plays ...
    Gase refers to big plays in a particular way. They aren't lucky plays. They are "explosive" play opportunities. They are the haymaker that the cunning boxer built his whole fight around. A lot of jabs, feints, false-telegraphs, and so on. Then you are suddenly knocked the **** out wondering what happened because you just bit on the feint.

The yardage gained among NFL plays has a Pareto distribution. There are no 80 yard drives that consist of 20 4-yard rushes. Very few are crazy long, many are super short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

not sure if it's been posted, but i thought this was a solid article . . .

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Gase refers to big plays in a particular way. They aren't lucky plays. They are "explosive" play opportunities. They are the haymaker that the cunning boxer built his whole fight around.
    do you think he mutters "it's ass-whoopin' time" under his breath when he calls one of them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    do you think he mutters "it's ass-whoopin' time" under his breath when he calls one of them?
    Either that or he gives one of his megafrowns that makes all the grass in the stadium imperceptibly wilt.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just WIN the game, BRONCOS! That's all.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Seattle played the 4 worst offenses in the NFL...most of their games were against crappy offenses. In preseason game against seattle, Demaryious Thomas beat Richard Sherman one on one...It will be so excellent to see DT school sherman and shut his big fat mouth. If Seattle wins the sb, then we will never see the end of richard thomas. We just cant let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Seattle played the 4 worst offenses in the NFL...most of their games were against crappy offenses. In preseason game against seattle, Demaryious Thomas beat Richard Sherman one on one...It will be so excellent to see DT school sherman and shut his big fat mouth. If Seattle wins the sb, then we will never see the end of richard thomas. We just cant let that happen.
    Yeah. **** that Richard Thomas guy.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I've been doing my catch-up surfing on Dick Sherman. He seems like a hell of a competitor. I hope his trash talk doesn't get under Manning's or DT's, or anyone else's skin.

I mean, the fewest targets but the most picks? Good grief.

So I'd really love to see him get owned.

Adopted Bronco:

I dont even care if we stay away from Sherman all day. I think we'll do fine in match-ups with Maxwell and Thurmond. This game is going to be completely about match-ups. Moving DT around will be key because I just dont see Sherman following him all day. Yes, Sherman can play left, right and slot...but I dont know that Maxwell and Thurmond can. So, if DT slides to the slot and Sherman stays on him, there will be some serious mis-matches going on at other places.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information