Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am beginning to wonder if Elway and company might take a shot at Lamp at 20....assuming he drops. He did play tackle in college and is the most technically sound lineman in this draft. If it wasn't for the T-rex arms he would be the top tackle prospect in this draft. Perhaps they try him out at LT. He said at the senior bowl that some teams talked to him about playing LT in the NFL. Worst case scenario, he fails at LT and you move him over to guard to play at a pro bowl level for years.
    Lamp is a very intriguing prospect.

2. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

...And when he said that Robert Ayers would be the best defensive player of that draft in 3 years.
    He said he could be if he was in the right situation. I remember being shocked at that because I thought that Ayers was a middling talent guy who never really showed up on film.

Then again, Mayock was the guy who called Earl Thomas being a god. Everyone thought he was crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

"Who the hell is Mel Kiper, Jr.?"
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I strongly disagree. NT have you watched any film on these guys or are you just going by what some of the draft 'experts' say?
    Mostly draft expert evaluation. I watch bama and robinson did not stand out to me.

O linemen rarely stand out watching a live gamex its usually what you see on the film that catches your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He said he could be if he was in the right situation. I remember being shocked at that because I thought that Ayers was a middling talent guy who never really showed up on film.

Then again, Mayock was the guy who called Earl Thomas being a god. Everyone thought he was crazy.
    He was rating both Ayers and Moreno higher than most everyone else in the entire draft. I think McDaniels went straight off of his draft board, which made it one of the worst drafts in Broncos history.....

“Robert Ayers is the best defensive player coming out of this draft,” Mayock said. “You can get creative with Ayers. He brings your scheme versatility on defense. . . . I think he’s a special player.”

Mayock had Ayers ranked as the third-best player in the draft behind Virginia tackle Eugene Monroe and Georgia tailback Knowshon Moreno, selected by the Broncos six picks ahead of Ayers.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2009/04/25...y-high-praise/

9. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    O linemen rarely stand out watching a live gamex its usually what you see on the film that catches your eye.
    Well when you watch a game and they call him out by name as a top tackle for draft and ge gets abused and beaten.

He was rating both Ayers and Moreno higher than most everyone else in the entire draft. I think McDaniels went straight off of his draft board, which made it one of the worst drafts in Broncos history.....

http://www.denverpost.com/2009/04/25...y-high-praise/
    Well, for a short time he was right about Moreno - who then promptly had his body fail him. I think all the draft guys are almost forced to overstate their position because when it's t.v. time no one wants to hear "well this player might be better, but I think this guy is better because of (whatever) but I obviously can't be sure of (valid reasons) and a lot of development comes down to coaching and team setting." I'm not a draftnik like you, but Mayock has been the guy who is 'wrong the least' or 'right the most' out of the national voices.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sometimes you can be right about a prospect but it's not a good fit after the draft, or the prospect changes in a way that would have been difficult to predict. Not saying that's the case with Ayers or Moreno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Ayers may not be a perennial all pro, but he's a quality starter year in and year out

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Well, for a short time he was right about Moreno - who then promptly had his body fail him. I think all the draft guys are almost forced to overstate their position because when it's t.v. time no one wants to hear "well this player might be better, but I think this guy is better because of (whatever) but I obviously can't be sure of (valid reasons) and a lot of development comes down to coaching and team setting." I'm not a draftnik like you, but Mayock has been the guy who is 'wrong the least' or 'right the most' out of the national voices.
    I'm not a true draftnik. Those guys spend way too much time studying film. I do it part time just to prepare for my mock draft contest with my son. It's a yearly tradition that we have while we watch the draft and a great father/son bonding thing. He's kicked my butt the last 2 years, so I have spent a little extra time studying this year. That young man is insanely intelligent.

17. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I'm not a true draftnik. Those guys spend way too much time studying film. I do it part time just to prepare for my mock draft contest with my son. It's a yearly tradition that we have while we watch the draft and a great father/son bonding thing. He's kicked my butt the last 2 years, so I have spent a little extra time studying this year. That young man is insanely intelligent.
    Probably gets it from his mother?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

BPA ?
    Move up for Christian if the Broncos have to ?
    Trade picks for Joe ?
    Or both ?
    Or not ? I dunno.....
    Mr. Elway please astound us !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

21. The Following User High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Also, using McCaff as a guy who is bust proof is really stupid - in order to do so he has to be a serviceable slot WR, a returner, and a RB. If anything, that should show you how hard it is to be 'bust proof' - bad argument is bad, Cugel.

Mike Mayock now has Cam Robinson as his #1 tackle. Quite the backpedal after saying that he would have to be a guard in the NFL. I wonder if he just hadn't studied the film earlier on.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information