Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Requests

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Everybody sit up and take note while I use my Aspie powers of observation bring clarity to this state of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    much like this is Broncos Forums > Town Hall > Town Hall Discussion > New Forum Requests

OCG would be under Broncos Forums > Football Forums > Orange colored glasses

then it would have the ability to have many threads that have there own names and followings.

Make sense that is how I would do it. so each topic (thread) would have the ability to live or die on its own JUST like those in Broncos talk do.
    Note how many levels there are in his example string:
    #1 Broncos Forums
    #2 Town Hall
    #3 Town Hall Discussions
    #4 New Forum Requests

Now, note how many levels he has in his purposed string:
    #1 Broncos Forums
    #2 Football Forums
    #3 Orange colored glasses

He doesn't have a level 4 in his proposed string. Level 4 is, as Tned correctly pointed out in regards to this thread, is the thread level for our forum's format. Jrwiz simply need to not include level 4 on his example string in order to avoid all of this confusion.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Everybody sit up and take note while I use my Aspie powers of observation bring clarity to this state of confusion.

Note how many levels there are in his example string:
    #1 Broncos Forums
    #2 Town Hall
    #3 Town Hall Discussions
    #4 New Forum Requests

Now, note how many levels he has in his purposed string:
    #1 Broncos Forums
    #2 Football Forums
    #3 Orange colored glasses

He doesn't have a level 4 in his proposed string. Level 4 is, as Tned correctly pointed out in regards to this thread, is the thread level for our forum's format. Jrwiz simply need to not include level 4 on his example string in order to avoid all of this confusion.

Thank you for speaking English and not talking geek.
    I simply cut and pasted what was on the page in the first post.

Most folks figured it out OK especially when I put my example up. so why all the fuss still has me wondering. but then deep down inside it really does not.

Thanks again.

3. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

OK I ended up leaving Denver later than I should, big surprise there. So I drove a 1000 miles with very few stops, set up today, found my hotel and have some food in me. So I was not ignoring all of you and thanks for those sweet words guys..... I would be happy with a thread and just see how that goes.

The reason I asked is because first I'm 50 years old and grew up believing that if you can't say something nice, then don't. So for me half the threads are really starting to upset me. I know it's my stuff, but it's just the way that I feel. When I post something that to me seems logical I have felt attacked, more than once, again I know it's my stuff, but this is my down time when I'm here.

When you first opened this site Tned, I felt like I had finally found friendships in something that I care about so much. I know it's silly in some ways, I don't really know that many of you, but your kindness over some tough times have meant to so much to me. We could discuss issues and not agree, but it was always calm and never cruel.

From yesterday till mid Nov I will end up driving almost 12,000 miles and try to bring in about half my income for the year. (I do Quilting and Sewing Trade Shows all over the US) It's just a really stressful time for me and of course all this happens as the season starts. I just want a place where I can talk about Bronco football and not read why this sucks and how it's all_____________ fault. Lately I get on for 10 minutes and decide I would rather work than read over half the threads. I am trying to use the ignore more, but it only kind of works.

I'm not asking for a thread where we hold hands and sing kum ba ya or how ever you spell it. I'm just tired of reading who sucks and page after page of why. To be honest I never used the Orange Color thread at the other place because it was a little too what ever. I just want to talk about football, I love the Broncos as do most of you, and I'm so sick of the fighting. I'm sure this makes no sense, but I've had 3 hours of sleep in that last 40, so it's shower time and then I'm hitting sack...

One last thing. The Broncos are being picked to have a bad year and they could, I have no idea how this team will gel. If they do I want to be bummed or sad with my friends and not have to read the junk, thanks guys....
    Last edited by pnbronco; 09-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Getting Stoked

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Great post pn, and I TOTALLY agree with you.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    OK I ended up leaving Denver later than I should, big surprise there. So I drove a 1000 miles with very few stops, set up today, found my hotel and have some food in me. So I was not ignoring all of you and thanks for those sweet words guys..... I would be happy with a thread and just see how that goes.

The reason I asked is because first I'm 50 years old and grew up believing that if you can't say something nice, then don't. So for me half the threads are really starting to upset me. I know it's my stuff, but it's just the way that I feel. When I post something that to me seems logical I have felt attacked, more than once, again I know it's my stuff, but this is my down time when I'm here.

When you first opened this site Tned, I felt like I had finally found friendships in something that I care about so much. I know it's silly in some ways, I don't really know that many of you, but your kindness over some tough times have meant to so much to me. We could discuss issues and not agree, but it was always calm and never cruel.

From yesterday till mid Nov I will end up driving almost 12,000 miles and try to bring in about half my income for the year. (I do Quilting and Sewing Trade Shows all over the US) It's just a really stressful time for me and of course all this happens as the season starts. I just want a place where I can talk about Bronco football and not read why this sucks and how it's all_____________ fault. Lately I get on for 10 minutes and decide I would rather work than read over half the threads. I am trying to use the ignore more, but it only kind of works.

I'm not asking for a thread where we hold hands and sing kum ba ya or how ever you spell it. I'm just tired of reading who sucks and page after page of why. To be honest I never used the Orange Color thread at the other place because it was a little too what ever. I just want to talk about football, I love the Broncos as do most of you, and I'm so sick of the fighting. I'm sure this makes no sense, but I've had 3 hours of sleep in that last 40, so it's shower time and then I'm hitting sack...

One last thing. The Broncos are being picked to have a bad year and they could, I have no idea how this team will gel. If they do I want to be bummed or sad with my friends and not have to read the junk, thanks guys....
    I fully understand. I have twice since January walked away from BT (mostly only logged in for mod/admin stuff) for a month plus at a time, because I couldn't take the bickering, baiting, demonizing of not only former players/coaches, but worse, fellow fans just because they hold a different opinion, talking past each other rather then having honest discussion and debates. People being incapable of accepting that others hold different opinions than their own, and the the fact that isn't WRONG or worthy of attack, it just means they have a different opinion.

So, I fully understand the rationale. I have concerns, because every time we fractionate the post locations, we decrease the appearance of traffic, and many people only want to post on active boards. However, that isn't enough to out weigh doing it.

So, the only real question in my mind is whether we start with a single thread for discussion, or a new forum. Just thinking from a practical standpoint.

For instance, do those people that post articles now post them in both places, so both groups can discuss things. It's things like that that I think of, because that's the way my brain works -- working out the little details.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Thank you for speaking English and not talking geek.
    I simply cut and pasted what was on the page in the first post.

Most folks figured it out OK especially when I put my example up. so why all the fuss still has me wondering. but then deep down inside it really does not.

Thanks again.
    If you hadn't immediately gotten defensive and ASSumed I was disagreeing with you, you would have understood what I was saying, or could have asked for clarification. As to speaking geek, that was a nice dig and I do at times, but I didn't in that post where I tried to help you.

Once again reinforcing the old "no good deed goes unpunished"...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I post many articles. I would not have a problem posting them in both areas. In doing so, I would think a forum would be better than a thread, as I post quite a few articles. and I do not believe one thread would work - i.e. - I post an article, and posters would respond, and then I post another article, and people would respond, and all of a sudden, it is not quite clear what they are responding to if everything is in one thread, unless they quote the article before responding. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I am not going to have much online time between now and Monday night or Tuesday, since I will be out of town on business all weekend.

We can create a "positive Only" gameday thread like we did last year, and then some time next week I will create a Positive only thread or forum (probably a forum, but I would like to see some more feedback -- I am going to post a thread in BroncosTalk to get more input).

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

The mod difficulties will be to sort out when something is positive or is it negative. We know some can't keep from insulting past coaches/FO, even if/when they do it as a back-handed attempt to compliment the current coach/FO. Things like that have to be considered and posted on the rules wall of the opt-in.
    A valid concern comes to mind - if it is truly a "positive only" zone I would think attacks on past coaches and players would be just as out of bounds as complaints about current ones. A negative is a negative regardless of who directed at
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    A valid concern comes to mind - if it is truly a "positive only" zone I would think attacks on past coaches and players would be just as out of bounds as complaints about current ones. A negative is a negative regardless of who directed at
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    See the post that I just created in Broncos Talk. If it's positive only and we are going to have to baby sit it, it will have to be across the board.

We can't say people can't criticize McDaniels, but attacking 'mikey' and cutler or calling Hillis a dumb hick or whatever, will get just as severe a punishment. If we don't do it that way, then all we are doing is either setting up a "bash forum players/coaches" forum, but more important, we will be creating more discord, pissing off the posters that are already sick of so many threads being derailed by bashing of former players/coaches.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    See the post that I just created in Broncos Talk. If it's positive only and we are going to have to baby sit it, it will have to be across the board.

We can't say people can't criticize McDaniels, but attacking 'mikey' and cutler or calling Hillis a dumb hick or whatever, will get just as severe a punishment. If we don't do it that way, then all we are doing is either setting up a "bash forum players/coaches" forum, but more important, we will be creating more discord, pissing off the posters that are already sick of so many threads being derailed by bashing of former players/coaches.
    We already have a "bash forum players/coaches" forum. It's called the Smack Forum.
    This space available for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Has any thought been given to ....?
    You've pushed it about far enough. About time for you to go cool off, before you post something you regret.
    Last edited by GEM; 09-10-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Cleaned up quote.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    We already have a "bash forum players/coaches" forum. It's called the Smack Forum.
    Yes but that's pretty much for smacking teams other than the Broncos.

Hmm. What was the "Let us know" thing?

What ever happened to the "positive only" stuff that was talked about?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information