Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vue

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

So you thought you were getting a bargain and now it turns out you aren't. That's how life works sometimes.

I dropped cable and am now using Sling TV, over the-air antenna and Roku. I was paying $200/mo for cable and internet. Now I pay $66/mo for internet and $35/mo for Sling plus some extras. Then I will get NFL game pass this fall. The only things missing are Fox cable programming and regional sports channels. I'm using Kodi plus SportsDevil to make up for some of it.

You can also check out USTV as a steaming cable TV substitute. It is designed to serve U.S. military overseas but I felt the quality was lacking.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 04-11-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    Just checked...no HBO. I watch a ton of boxing, and that would be a deal breaker. Maybe in the future though. It does have the channels we watch though.
    I believe they have HBO now (at least in my Market) We love our Vue, we've been on it for about a year and a half now and it's been a decent experience.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    So you thought you were getting a bargain and now it turns out you aren't. That's how life works sometimes.

I dropped cable and am now using Sling TV, over the-air antenna and Roku. I was paying $200/mo for cable and internet. Now I pay $66/mo for internet and $35/mo for Sling plus some extras. Then I will get NFL game pass this fall. The only things missing are Fox cable programming and regional sports channels. I'm using Kodi plus SportsDevil to make up for some of it.

You can also check out USTV as a steaming cable TV substitute. It is designed to serve U.S. military overseas but I felt the quality was lacking.
    Here's an update now that Playstation Vue has announced they are compatible with Roku devices. I've got almost everything I want now other than the regional channel that carries the Astros (my workaround is MLB At Bat). I had Sling TV with Orange and Blue plus a sports package and a limited cloud DVR service. Cost was $51. Now the Vue's third level package plus sports extras cost me $5 more per month but gives me several channels I wasn't getting on sling - CBS, ABC, NBC, MLB Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Classic and Longhorn Network. The DVR capabilities seem unlimited and the sports programming seems to let me transfer them to my DVD recorder (I use an older Roku which allows RCA jacks rather than HDMI which blocks recording).

TBH, I don't give a crap about boxing, MMA or PPV so I don't care if that's offered or not. My internet provider is Spectrum (which bought out Time Warner) and they are suggesting charging more for internet without their cable service. So far, I'm paying $71/mo which is ok to me. I'm around $130/mo internet/Vue and another $99/yr for NFL Game Pass. ($99/12 mos = $8.25/mo).
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Here's an update now that Playstation Vue has announced they are compatible with Roku devices. I've got almost everything I want now other than the regional channel that carries the Astros (my workaround is MLB At Bat). I had Sling TV with Orange and Blue plus a sports package and a limited cloud DVR service. Cost was $51. Now the Vue's third level package plus sports extras cost me $5 more per month but gives me several channels I wasn't getting on sling - CBS, ABC, NBC, MLB Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Classic and Longhorn Network. The DVR capabilities seem unlimited and the sports programming seems to let me transfer them to my DVD recorder (I use an older Roku which allows RCA jacks rather than HDMI which blocks recording).

TBH, I don't give a crap about boxing, MMA or PPV so I don't care if that's offered or not. My internet provider is Spectrum (which bought out Time Warner) and they are suggesting charging more for internet without their cable service. So far, I'm paying $71/mo which is ok to me. I'm around $130/mo internet/Vue and another $99/yr for NFL Game Pass. ($99/12 mos = $8.25/mo).
    Does it offer Fox Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Does it offer Fox Sports?
    You can use anyone's tv info to watch anything on the Fox Sports app.

My favorite live tv service right now is Hulu and I was completely surprised. Usually I only get Fox Sports Ohio, but with Hulu I get that plus Fox Sports Tennessee. So I get my Blue Jackets and Predators games. They also have a few local channels. I think it's CBS and Fox. So I get NFL games. My parents bought Dish in my name, so I use that info to watch pretty much anything on apps like NBC Sports and ESPN.

My friend is trying out Vue. It sounds like they're much better than when I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    You can use anyone's tv info to watch anything on the Fox Sports app.

My favorite live tv service right now is Hulu and I was completely surprised. Usually I only get Fox Sports Ohio, but with Hulu I get that plus Fox Sports Tennessee. So I get my Blue Jackets and Predators games. They also have a few local channels. I think it's CBS and Fox. So I get NFL games. My parents bought Dish in my name, so I use that info to watch pretty much anything on apps like NBC Sports and ESPN.
    I like Hulu too. If you could combine the great interface of the Vue with the hulu service it would be magical. The hulu interface is JUUUUUUNNK....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I like Hulu too. If you could combine the great interface of the Vue with the hulu service it would be magical. The hulu interface is JUUUUUUNNK....
    It could definitely be better. I think if I had the pick the best interface it would be Direct TV Now.

It could definitely be better. I think if I had the pick the best interface it would be Direct TV Now.
    I think what I dislike about Hulu is the lack of a guide feature. It just shows all of what's on, but you can't just pull up the guide and see what's on now, what's on in an hour, ect...

10. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

We're cutting the cord to cable today, and my son recommended us get a PS4 & Vue for movies & apps. I'm not a gamer, but he says it's better than the XBOX. I don't want to tie up the computer.

I just signed up with vue and it seems great. Much improved.

I just signed up with vue and it seems great. Much improved.
    What did you have previously? Have you tried any streaming services other than Vue?

What did you have previously? Have you tried any streaming services other than Vue?
    I mean much improved compared to when it first came out.

I had Sling tv. I like it but it didn’t have mlb network.

I mean much improved compared to when it first came out.

I had Sling tv. I like it but it didn’t have mlb network.
    Do you like vue better than sling?

Do you like vue better than sling?
    About the same. I’d recommend whichever lineup and pricing someone preferred.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information