Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It typically amazes me how much thought some put into a movie. I go, watch, and either enjoy it or not. I couldn't really give a rip about the whole backstory. who the producer is, where it was filmed, etc.
    For me it depends on how much interest i have in said story, director, or actors/actresses. I was pretty pumped to see SS but im a bit amazed at how poorly a showing it has had amongst the viewers so far. Im sure guys like Shake are like me where movies in general are cool when you know the backstories and general trivia. I find those kinds of things interesting.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The general feeling is i think people expected Suicide Squad to kill it in the theaters but fell flat on its face instead.
    What's the judgement? Critics? Money?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "expect". People need to quit watching so many trailers and putting so much effort into researching and learning about a movie before it comes out. I guarantee you that most people that watched this movie with an open mind loved it.

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    What's the judgement? Critics? Money?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "expect". People need to quit watching so many trailers and putting so much effort into researching and learning about a movie before it comes out. I guarantee you that most people that watched this movie with an open mind loved it.
    Well, thats just it though. Most of the diehards who would go see this film know the history of the comics, etc. For myself i dont know any of the history of SS so chances are i will still enjoy it.

Well, thats just it though. Most of the diehards who would go see this film know the history of the comics, etc. For myself i dont know any of the history of SS so chances are i will still enjoy it.
    That feels no different than when people say "the book was so much better than the movie".

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The general feeling is i think people expected Suicide Squad to kill it in the theaters but fell flat on its face instead.
    To be fair it is killing it in the theaters. 2 weeks at number 1 and the fan reaction has been pretty positive. I didn't care too much for it, but I enjoyed it enough. The big backlash is coming from the critics but WB can give a rats ass about that when a movie about mostly c-list characters is closing in at $500 million worldwide. It will easily pass up Guardians of the Galaxy when all is said and done, and that is pretty impressive.

I really want WB to stick to their guns and let their directors put out their versions of the movie. You can tell that there is a great movie in there somewhere (I think more of Let's Joker would have helped immensely) but Batman v Superman made them gun shy. That movie is nearing 900 million but it was expected to cross 1 Billion so they considered that a big misstep. When they saw the positive reaction to the Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut (which was Snyders full theatrical version before they cut out chunks so it could play more showtimes in a day) the damage was already done with Suicide Squad. Wonder Woman and Justice League will have to be critical and commercial successes, and I think they will.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Pretty neat summary of what BvS did right (as opposed to the usual EVERYTHING SUCKS videos you see on the Internet). I agree with it for the most part:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Really neat BTS Justice League featurette from the last day of filming in London:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just watched suicide squad.

Great movie.

The DC movies are killing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Really neat BTS Justice League featurette from the last day of filming in London:

That was not neat, Shake.

I loved those cartoons when I was a kid though. Used to get up at 6:30am on Saturdays to watch the Hall of Justice against the Legion of Doom.

14. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

I loved those cartoons when I was a kid though. Used to get up at 6:30am on Saturdays to watch the Hall of Justice against the Legion of Doom.
    Me too

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

Yes! Me too. I don't think they will have the Hall of Justice (yet) in the movies but I'm hoping eventually they will have that or the Watchtower.

Speaking of animated movies (though definitely NOT for kids), DC does great mature animated movies as well. My favorite so far was called Flashpoint Paradox as it seems to be mirroring what they are doing with the DC Cinematic Universe as far as tone:

In this movie, the timeline gets screwed up early on and instead of his parents dying, Bruce gets shot in the alley and Thomas Wayne turns into a gun-toting Batman and the whole world starts going to hell. Even Superman ends up in a much different situation. The guy who wrote the comic series and the movie for Flashpoint is Geoff Johns who is now in charge of the creative storylines for DC starting with Justice League so I have high hopes.

Justice League War is another great one. Good mix of action and humor:

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Justice League: Doom is my personal favorite.

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Justice League: Doom is my personal favorite.
    Yeah that is a great one. I think most of the DC Animated Universe is better than most comic book movies, including some Marvel films. I loved how they showed that Batman basically had a plan to kill everyone in the Justice League just in case. That is the most Batman thing ever.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah that is a great one. I think most of the DC Animated Universe is better than most comic book movies, including some Marvel films. I loved how they showed that Batman basically had a plan to kill everyone in the Justice League just in case. That is the most Batman thing ever.
    Yes. The animated films make Batman out more in line with the ******* that he is. Always look forward to the new ones. But JL vs. Teen Titans was a disaster this year. Havent seen Killing Joke yet, so I hope that's good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yes. The animated films make Batman out more in line with the ******* that he is. Always look forward to the new ones. But JL vs. Teen Titans was a disaster this year. Havent seen Killing Joke yet, so I hope that's good.
    I heard Killing Joke was pretty bad so I haven't seen it yet either. I don't want to taint one of my favorite graphic novels if I don't have to. I wasn't really impressed with The Dark Knight Returns animated film either. Its weird because the animated films can be hit or miss. I thought Batman vs Robin would be bad and I really ended up enjoying it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information