Page 67 of 238 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I am trying to figure it out who is Snoke.

*Darth Sidious? (Who knows? He was tossed away by Darth Vader. However, we did not know if he is still alive or dead. He fell down in the tunnel and left us thinking.)

*Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader? (I doubted him. He showed up in a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi. He looked young and friendly.)

*Darth Plagueis? (In episode III, Palpatine talked about him with Anakin Skywalker. He might still be alive?)

* Brand New Character? (Maybe, he showed up in between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. There was a big battle between Snoke and Luke Skywalker? Snoke and Kylo Ren destroyed Luke Skywalker's Jedi temple?)
    If I had to guess, brand new character, but, it seems like Disney is picking and choosing which parts of the extended universe are and are not cannon, when the decide what to make cannon, they often re-write it to their own new story.

In the EU, Palpatine cloned himself and lived on via clones, I could see Snoke being the product of a failed clone attempt.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If I had to guess, brand new character, but, it seems like Disney is picking and choosing which parts of the extended universe are and are not cannon, when the decide what to make cannon, they often re-write it to their own new story.

In the EU, Palpatine cloned himself and lived on via clones, I could see Snoke being the product of a failed clone attempt.
    In the new Aftermath books that take place after Return of the Jedi and lead up to the new movies, Snoke had watched the Empire rise and fall from afar. Palpatine became obsessed with finding the origins of the dark side of the force in the unknown regions of the universe which could potentially be a whole other galaxy. Snoke is believed to be from this region and as ancient as the origins of the dark side itself which predate the Sith.

There is a pretty good breakdown of the theory here:

In the instance of his death, the Emperor wanted to destroy the Empire that failed to protect him. This was originally the purpose of the information on the buried Jakku station. The coordinates would supposedly allow a select few of the Emperor’s loyal followers to venture into a new galaxy to start anew.

But something happened. Palpatine began receiving a signal from the area, something only he could feel. Not even his apprentice, Darth Vader, had the power to sense it. Palpatine became convinced that something out there was calling to him from the deep unknown. Maybe it could be the origin of the Force, or some darker malevolent substance. The Emperor wanted to take an expedition to the coordinates, but was killed before he could make the journey. Palpatine was not the only being to receive visions of the dark side, as the book revealed that every member of the group known as the Acolytes of the Beyond began having dreams and visions of Sith, both ancient and recent.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/snokes-origins/

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

It's official. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Theatrical poster revealed! However, there is a hidden Easter egg on this theatrical poster. I was analyzing on this cool poster. Rey and Kylo Ren are on Darth Vader's eyes. It looks like they are Vader's grandchildren.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-last-jedi-theatrical-blog.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	11187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22339492_10155214493658525_9086444513547728170_o.jpg 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	11188

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I really like the color scheme of the poster. It's... clean and menacing.

7. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

It's official. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Theatrical poster revealed! However, there is a hidden Easter egg on this theatrical poster. I was analyzing on this cool poster. Rey and Kylo Ren are on Darth Vader's eyes. It looks like they are Vader's grandchildren.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-last-jedi-theatrical-blog.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	11187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22339492_10155214493658525_9086444513547728170_o.jpg 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	11188
    That's cool! Though I really hope Rey has nothing to do with the Skywalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I really like the color scheme of the poster. It's... clean and menacing.
    It's currently the background for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    That's cool! Though I really hope Rey has nothing to do with the Skywalkers.
    I mean we all know it's coming. Abrams setup everything in the first movie, look at the way he handled Khan with Star Trek, he flat out denied it was Khan when asked, then boom, it's Khan. He tries to setup these huge reveals that are really easy to guess and when people do guess them he's like "i have no idea what you are talking about"

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

It's so awesome to see Luke Skywalker returns to the Millennium Falcon!

12. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

It's so awesome to see Luke Skywalker returns to the Millennium Falcon!

That's right up there with "chewie, we're home" for things you shouldn't ruin in the trailer...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Doesn't seem so much like they are trying to "hide it" as they are preventing people from trying to get into it. I know if I stumbled across it I would consider going to jail just to attempt it!

I imagine it is a pain in the butt to take apart and reassemble like they did after Episode VII, so it's probably going to be used for filming the next one.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

20. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I am not sure if I am interested in new trilogy. I love Skywalker Saga.

I am not sure if I am interested in new trilogy. I love Skywalker Saga.
    If it is Knights of the Old Republic, it will be amazing!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information