Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1254

Thread: Chad Kelly Arrested/Released fron team

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    If this was Von - would we be cutting or trading him?

I like the decision to cut, i think it sends a great message. What i don't like is that it is a message only sent to some.
    I think that question answers itself. Life isn’t fair and not everyone is equally valuable to the company they work for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

horrible

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    We just have to figure out how to travel faster than the speed of light and we can crack that code!
    Would that truly be time travel though? I've often pondered this. If you could catch up to that light, you might be able to "witness" past events, but you'd be in a different space-time to do it, so you'd really have no power to alter that reality, just observe.

Anyway, if it gets rid of VJ, it's certainly worth exploring. I'm off to the Hadron collider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I like the decision to cut, i think it sends a great message. What i don't like is that it is a message only sent to some.
    Depends. Has Von had multiple run ins with police, been arrested, etc?

He hasn't, so no, we wouldn't cut him. You can't play the "but so and so" game when the two people and situations aren't remotely similar.

Nevermind the investment standpoint...

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Depends.

If Von was continuing to behave in an immature manner than yea, i think he would be at the very least traded. Brandon Marshall was eventually dealt because of his behavior issues. But lets also face the fact that Kelly hadnt proved anything of worth on the field so for guys like Von they are given the benefit of the doubt. When you are a bench rider and making those mistakes even after a history of doing the same kinds of things it makes you very expendable.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Would that truly be time travel though? I've often pondered this. If you could catch up to that light, you might be able to "witness" past events, but you'd be in a different space-time to do it, so you'd really have no power to alter that reality, just observe.

Anyway, if it gets rid of VJ, it's certainly worth exploring. I'm off to the Hadron collider.
    Merely traveling faster than light wouldn't be the answer but we can't crack the code without doing that first

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So what it is we are saying is

Dumb kelly - stupid etc etc

but what we would be saying is

Von made a mistake, everyone does, get him support and get him back on the field

that sends an atrocious message to young student athletes - "be successful and act however you please"

10. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Merely traveling faster than light wouldn't be the answer but we can't crack the code without doing that first
    Sometimes I think you are right and getting rid of VJ would indeed require all of the energy in the universe to achieve.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Von made a mistake, everyone does, get him support and get him back on the field

that sends an atrocious message to young student athletes - "be successful and act however you please"
    The situations are different. Having said that, your point is well made. We DEFINITELY tolerate more from those who we consider more valuable. That's just human nature.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

The Broncos are a business, not a social services program.

Aside from that you’re presenting hypotheticals for a never ending debate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The Broncos are a business, not a social services program.

Aside from that you’re presenting hypotheticals for a never ending debate.
    I get its a business, but it's a bad business. That's the reality. I am not blind to the world we live in. But that's doesn't mean I need to just go along with everything that's shitty

And I don't see an issue with discussing a hypothetical

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I get its a business, but it's a bad business. That's the reality. I am not blind to the world we live in. But that's doesn't mean I need to just go along with everything that's shitty

And I don't see an issue with discussing a hypothetical
    On paper, I have no problems discussing the hypothetical either.

But stop trying to get Von fired, *******.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have no problem letting Kelly go, he made his own bed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    On paper, I have no problems discussing the hypothetical either.

But stop trying to get Von fired, *******.
    Good point. Let me clarify.

I am an idiot

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Placed in a position to fail?

Sorry Hawg, but I can't agree. The Broncos control his football life, he controls his life away from the field. The team didn't force him to attend this party, nor did they force him to partake of whatever substance that made him mumble incoherently while trespassing in someone's home, they didn't put him in a position to get physical with teammates or security, and they didn't make him get arrested.

Chad did all that. It's a near certainty that at some point, maybe even before he was drafted, Elway or someone important on the team had a sit down with him on this subject. He was probably told he needed to have no "antics" or he would be cut.

Who knows... bottom line, his life away from the field is not the Team's to control, it's his. He has certainly been informed about how he should represent the franchise, he failed, and felt the ramifications of said failure.
    Right...but they had significant evidence that he could not control his life. People don't just magically become someone they are not. OK, it's a close call.

The hard line personal accountability position is correct. It's a clear standard for everyone to follow. They knew Chad's mental makeup (or should), and hoped for the best. Who could foresee that he'd get wild at a party?

I get there is too much hindsight in this. But given the reality of Chad's career arc, it looks to me like the Broncos took a bad gamble and could have done a better job of hedging their bet.

You want to be in the position of 'damn son, why'd you go and f*** it up?' or 'dammit, swag is going full AK, get that kid somewhere safe before he shoots his own ass'. If your multi-billion dollar franchise isn't leveraged on the outcome, then let the chips fall where Chad Kelly's judgment determines. But if it is, then maybe you invest a little in the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information