Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A-11

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The creators were able to get away with it because of the rules govern the punt formation. It allowed not all players to be line up on the line. California HS fixed the rule and thus A-11 goes away.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How the A-11 Offense would be defeated in the NFL

1. Have the defense's hardest hitting player lined up in tight coverage on all of the receivers.

2. Line up your teams 2 fastest players at DL positions a yard off wide of the center's shoulders.

3. When the ball is sapped...
    ---a) jamb all of the receives as hard as you can at the line.
    ---b) have your DLs run full speed at the QB. The center would be luck if he could get over to block one of them. The other would be chasing the QB down while before he has even drop back 3 steps.

This is why Buddy Ryan used to refer to the old "run and shoot" as the "chuck and duck".
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    The creators were able to get away with it because of the rules govern the punt formation. It allowed not all players to be line up on the line. California HS fixed the rule and thus A-11 goes away.
    Again, if a lineman is downfield before the ball is punted, it's gonna get called. They can't release from the line as soon as the ball is snapped, otherwise they get ineligible downfield. NFL fixed it before it even got started there.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    Again, if a lineman is downfield before the ball is punted, it's gonna get called. They can't release from the line as soon as the ball is snapped, otherwise they get ineligible downfield. NFL fixed it before it even got started there.
    Once again it was legal because of the loop hole.

From ESPN

"Except that it is perfectly legal on the high school level, thanks to a loophole in the rules that allows all 11 players to be potentially eligible on what is known as a scrimmage-kick formation, if everyone is wearing numbers between 1-49 and 80-99." (The other part of the rule not mentioned by ESPN is "as long as one player lines up at least 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage and there is no player under center."

sources:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...weinreb/090302

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2...d-a-11-offense

That rule was "fixed" and ended the ability of the A-11 to work.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

From ESPN

"Except that it is perfectly legal on the high school level, thanks to a loophole in the rules that allows all 11 players to be potentially eligible on what is known as a scrimmage-kick formation, if everyone is wearing numbers between 1-49 and 80-99." (The other part of the rule not mentioned by ESPN is "as long as one player lines up at least 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage and there is no player under center."

sources:

My mistake, I saw them asking about this in the NFL. Wasn't considering the use of it for HS...
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

From ESPN

sources:

I officiate in Texas and that still wouldn't work here. Texas uses college rules for HS with a few exceptions. While there is a numbering exception for scrimmage kick formations (punts, FG), it just allows numbers other than 50-79 to be on the line, but they are still restricted by position from going downfield before the ball crosses the line of scrimmage.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

I just got my new issue of "Referee" magazine and it addressed the A-11. I haven't had a chance to read the entire article yet, but I scanned it and it said that NFHS has made some rule changes that will make the formation illegal. Just wanted to give you a quick update.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

The chances of a sack are much greater then a completion. Even if the Defense is surprised on of the inside rushers is coming free.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The medical industry ought to find it profitable . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information