Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Requests

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I am for an orange colored forum or a thread. I would prefer the forum.
    Merry.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    but even if we do most members will just move past it without looking at it.
    stickied threads need to be fresh or they ignore them.

IMHO.

If we had another forum for it then it would not get all gloomed up like ONE thread with every subject under the sun it it.

IMO
    Stickied threads would be fresh if they were used, rather than many new threads being started, which should be posted within the applicable stickied thread.

As far as an orange colored glasses area, I agree with pnbronco, it is long overdue, and I am all in favor of it.

I also agree with gnomeflinger on the following:

"If we were to have an Orange Colored Glasses section, I think it should be treated the same way. Start with a thread, and if it branches out, put all those threads into its own forum."

There are way too many threads started with good intentions of discussing what the thread is about, and before you know it, X coaches, players, etc., are brought up, and then the thread ends up in personal attacks, etc. My suggestion would be for any posts in a thread which are not appropriate for the orange colored glasses area, move those posts to the black hole.

The main purpose of the orange colored glasses area on BM was to avoid what is happening here in many threads.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

but even if we do most members will just move past it without looking at it.
    stickied threads need to be fresh or they ignore them.

IMHO.

If we had another forum for it then it would not get all gloomed up like ONE thread with every subject under the sun it it.

IMO
    I do agree that a forum would be much better than a thread with a sticky on it. You would have people discussing many different things, based on all kinds of articles, etc., all being posted in the same thread.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I see what you're saying. All filing cabinets have a Misc. file. When I worked in an office, the rule of thumb was, if the client had at least 3 documents (invoices, check statements, etc), then they were given their own file.

If we were to have an Orange Colored Glasses section, I think it should be treated the same way. Start with a thread, and if it branches out, put all those threads into its own forum.
    much like this is Broncos Forums > Town Hall > Town Hall Discussion > New Forum Requests

OCG would be under Broncos Forums > Football Forums > Orange colored glasses

then it would have the ability to have many threads that have there own names and followings.

Make sense that is how I would do it. so each topic (thread) would have the ability to live or die on its own JUST like those in Broncos talk do.

much like this is Broncos Forums > Town Hall > Town Hall Discussion > New Forum Requests

then it would have the ability to have many threads that have there own names and followings.

Make sense that is how I would do it. so each topic (thread) would have the ability to live or die on its own JUST like those in Broncos talk do.
    New Forum Requests is not a forum with lots of threads, but a single stickied thread within the Town Hall forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    New Forum Requests is not a forum with lots of threads, but a single stickied thread within the Town Hall forum.
    why would you want to put an Broncos related thread in town hall?

I would like to see OCG or what ever it is called in Football related area. a separate forum of it own like the ones already there.

orum Last Post Threads Posts

Broncos Talk (37 Viewing)
    Anything to do with the Denver Broncos

Orange Colored Glasses
    A place to discuss Broncos with out the rancor and bullying that is in Broncos talk.

Football 101 (2 Viewing)
    The place to talk about X's and O's and to ask questions about how the game is played.

BroncoForums' Articles and News (1 Viewing)
    Articles written for BroncoForums by its staff of crack football writers and analysts

Other NFL Team Discussion (6 Viewing)
    While some of us think the Broncos are the ONLY NFL team, if you want to chat about the other 31 teams, this is the place

Smack (Duck Before Entering) (2 Viewing)
    If you are going to talk smack, this is the place to do it.

Chiefs Suck
    Draft and Free Agency

The Tailgating/Party Forum
    A place to discuss plans to meet at games or other get togethers and post pictures of those meets.

I suspect that if we do this this is how most fans would want it.

why would you want to put an Broncos related thread in town hall?
    Jr, please go back and reread my post. What I was saying is your example was wrong, and may have confused people. "Forum Requests" is not a forum, but a stickied thread, which is the opposite of what you said in your explanation to Gnomey.

I never said anything about wanting to put Orange Colored Glasses in Town Hall.

Jrwiz is spinning in circles.
    This space available for lease.

Jr, please go back and reread my post. What I was saying is your example was wrong, and may have confused people. "Forum Requests" is not a forum, but a stickied thread, which is the opposite of what you said in your explanation to Gnomey.

I never said anything about wanting to put Orange Colored Glasses in Town Hall.
    I believe this is what they are looking for an forum under football that can have more than one thread. stickied or not.

I would like to see OCG or what ever it is called in Football related area. a separate forum of it own like the ones already there.

Forum

Orange Colored Glasses
    A place to discuss Broncos with out the rancor and bullying that is in Broncos talk.

Football 101 (2 Viewing)
    The place to talk about X's and O's and to ask questions about how the game is played.

Articles written for BroncoForums by its staff of crack football writers and analysts

While some of us think the Broncos are the ONLY NFL team, if you want to chat about the other 31 teams, this is the place

Chiefs Suck
    Draft and Free Agency

A place to discuss plans to meet at games or other get togethers and post pictures of those meets.

I believe this is what they are looking for an forum under football that can have more than one thread. stickied or not.
    Geez, man. Are you completely confused. I know what they are looking for, I simply was explaining that you messed up your example, which could create more confusion.

You typed:

You gave the example of a stickied thread "New Forum Requests" and you described it as a forum, which can have multiple threads in it.

I was simply pointing this out so people wouldn't be confuse by your example.

Forum Last Post Threads Posts

Orange Colored Glasses

Football 101 (2 Viewing)

Chiefs Suck
    Draft and Free Agency

Who want to see a forum like this above in Orange just like you now see on the front page of football forums.

or would you rather have ONE thread that is stickied somewhere in the forum for everything to be put into

Is that clear enough ?

Geeez, I give up.

:slamsheadagainstwall:

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Geeez, I give up.

Geeez, I give up.

Guess this means you'll have to give back your "most likely to win an argument" award.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:

Poor pnbronco - she is probably doing this right now She brings up the discussion to once again consider having an Orange Colored Glasses Forum, and most of the last few posts in this discussion are why an Orange Colored Glasses Forum is needed.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information