Poll: What type of stadium should the owners build?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What style stadium should ownership build?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default What style stadium should ownership build?

There is a new survey out to season ticket holders... What do you all think?

I'm a fan of the canopies - more coverage for fans, but all games are still played outdoors.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Landing a Superbowl is probably on their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I think the investment required for a new stadium requires attracting events like the Superbowl/Final Four etc. It's gotta be able to have an outsized return more than just 13-15 days a year.

Summer concerts etc., sure. But to really recoup the investment, you've gotta have some exposure to something like a SuperBowl here and there.

If you're not shooting for a SuperBowl and other events of that level, then there's no need for a new stadium. Mile High, as is, will serve the Broncos fine for years to come if that's all that's being asked of it.

That means, to me, that it's either an enclosed stadium of some sort, or stick with Mile High as is for the foreseeable future.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The esteemed gentlemen above made excellent points. I’d simply proffer the retractable roof gives the team and advantage in a game as the team chooses, by a deadline, if the roof is open or closed. You might make a warm weather team suffer a bit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I kind of hate the idea of a retractable roof - because the implication is that you're closing it for rain & snow. I love games in the elements. If you told me we had a retractable roof but only closed it for the most extreme circumstances, I could get on board - but I don't think that would really be the cast...

That's why I think the canopies add some coverage for fans but keep everything outdoors.

I don't see how they could do this downtown, so the location will be more interesting than the stadium itself.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm team open air roof for life.

Unfortunately it will probably be some retractable roof so as to rob us of snow games.

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I kind of hate the idea of a retractable roof - because the implication is that you're closing it for rain & snow. I love games in the elements. If you told me we had a retractable roof but only closed it for the most extreme circumstances, I could get on board - but I don't think that would really be the cast...

That's why I think the canopies add some coverage for fans but keep everything outdoors.

I don't see how they could do this downtown, so the location will be more interesting than the stadium itself.
    Retractable roof is the only way Denver is getting a super bowl. And as stated above, if you aren't trying to host stuff like super bowls, final fours, etc, what's even the point of a new stadium?

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

No roof!! It's probably hopeless, though.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Put a retractable roof on there. Gives you a possibility of a Super Bowl, etc. but gives another element where the home team gets to choose what they want, weather or not. Remember the roof being open in Indy as a way to mess with Manning?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Put a retractable roof on there. Gives you a possibility of a Super Bowl, etc. but gives another element where the home team gets to choose what they want, weather or not. Remember the roof being open in Indy as a way to mess with Manning?
    Agree.

I'd like Denver to be a Superbowl city for no other reason than national relevance and property values.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agree.

I'd like Denver to be a Superbowl city for no other reason than national relevance and property values.
    More money in the local economy is good for everyone!

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

In addition to a covering, it would be nice if they could protect the field from concerts and other events. Is it the stadium in Arlington, or maybe it was Arizonia, where the grass field can be rolled out of the stadium. Some way to protect the grass for football, but still have a natural grass field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Retractable roof is the only way Denver is getting a super bowl. And as stated above, if you aren't trying to host stuff like super bowls, final fours, etc, what's even the point of a new stadium?
    Why are we assuming final fours and super bowls should be the main goal? The point of a new stadium is to host Denver broncos home games and other events throughout the year.

The others might be a nice bonus but I don’t see why that’s the primary goal or even the secondary goal.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Why are we assuming final fours and super bowls should be the main goal? The point of a new stadium is to host Denver broncos home games and other events throughout the year.

The others might be a nice bonus but I don’t see why that’s the primary goal or even the secondary goal.
    Return on investment. If it costs a billion or two, you need other income to help pay for costs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Because otherwise it's an unnecessary expense. The Waltons aren't running a charity. If they are going to build a new stadium, it's going to be with an eye on generating enough revenue to justify the cost.

Like, if the only goal is to host Broncos games and a few concerts in the summer, this one already does that well enough, so why build a new one? You're building a new one to get access to the kinds of events that you'd currently be unable to host with an open air stadium in a cold weather city.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 03-25-2023 at 10:44 AM.

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information