Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    They could also still pick #1 overall in next year's draft!
    Not a chance. The Raiders are actively TRYING to lose, and they have only 1 victory to the Broncos 3. The Raiders want that #1 pick so they can draft a QB, because Chucky has concluded that Derek Carr is not his franchise Qb. Not going to sell that in Vegas. They need the shiny new #1 QB.

The 49ers might not win any more games but they don't need a Qb. Same for the Cardinals and Bills. But, those teams have 2 wins and the Raiders only 1. The Giants have 1 win, and will draft a QB, so the #1 and #2 QBs will be probably off the board by the #3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Firing VJ would be a start
    Towards tanking the rest of the season? I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I am choosing to blunt the negativity, doom and gloom in my own way. Before the season, most believed the Broncos would be an 8-8 team at best, an outside shot at a wild card. My point is they still are. Houston started 0-3 and mostly through dumb luck they are now 6-3. The Broncos have been close even in most of their losses and, at some point, maybe not this year, the luck will return.
    The negativity, it's pretty darned warranted at this point. As long as we've got VJ here, we're going to make boneheaded mistakes taking us out of winnable games just like we did this week. There isn't a realistic possibility of this team making it and even if we did, we're a one and done team through and through.

This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The negativity, it's pretty darned warranted at this point. As long as we've got VJ here, we're going to make boneheaded mistakes taking us out of winnable games just like we did this week. There isn't a realistic possibility of this team making it and even if we did, we're a one and done team through and through.

This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot.
    Hard to argue that any team capable of losing the the Jets by 18 points deserves a playoff berth. But, they won't get close to the playoffs so it doesn't matter.

They would need 10 wins to get in. 10 wins means winning 7 straight. Impossible.

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Hard to argue that any team capable of losing the the Jets by 18 points deserves a playoff berth. But, they won't get close to the playoffs so it doesn't matter.

They would need 10 wins to get in. 10 wins means winning 7 straight. Impossible.
    No, it not impossible, it's improbable. Denver reeled off 10 straight wins in 2012 to take the division. The Charges three years earlier reeled off 11 straight to win the division. I know a huge part of the difference who was at quarterbacking those teams. That's why it's improbable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's technically possible, but it's about as likely as Mo banging a supermodel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's technically possible...
    I would just like to see them win the games they should win, but Houston was one of those so I am not holding my breath.

For me, ideally we would beat Cincy, SF, Cleveland, and DESTROY the Raiders. Then it's just a matter of maybe a split with the Chargers or steal one from Pittsburgh at home which would be tough. I like our record for winning seasons, and that would be one way to do it. Playoffs are probably out of the question but that's fine. Even if they finish 8-8 I would be interested to see if VJ keeps his job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I would just like to see them win the games they should win, but Houston was one of those so I am not holding my breath.

For me, ideally we would beat Cincy, SF, Cleveland, and DESTROY the Raiders. Then it's just a matter of maybe a split with the Chargers or steal one from Pittsburgh at home which would be tough. I like our record for winning seasons, and that would be one way to do it. Playoffs are probably out of the question but that's fine. Even if they finish 8-8 I would be interested to see if VJ keeps his job.
    It would show improvement which is what we want see with young team I don't know how realistic that is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's technically possible, but it's about as likely as Mo banging a supermodel.
    Your chances are about the same as mine.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No, it not impossible, it's improbable. Denver reeled off 10 straight wins in 2012 to take the division. The Charges three years earlier reeled off 11 straight to win the division. I know a huge part of the difference who was at quarterbacking those teams. That's why it's improbable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	350.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	13337

Yes. There's a mathematical chance. There's dumb, and dumber.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Just bumping my previous thread. All of a sudden, 3-6 could become 9-6 with a finishing home game against the Chuggers.

Defeat Chuggers in L.A. - check
    Defeat Steelers - check
    Defeat self-destructing Bengals?
    Defeat hapless Niners?
    Defeat Cleveland?
    Defeat Da Fade in Oakland?

Not all that impossible, then Denver is sitting at 9-6. Baltimore has a head-to-head tie-breaker so we would need to overtake them outright but the other wild card "contenders" can be had if the team keeps winning. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon now?

Presume the Chuggers make it, there's 6-5 Baltimore (which owns the tiebreaker with us), 6-5 Indianapolis
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Just bumping my previous thread. All of a sudden, 3-6 could become 9-6 with a finishing home game against the Chuggers.

Defeat Chuggers in L.A. - check
    Defeat Steelers - check
    Defeat self-destructing Bengals?
    Defeat hapless Niners?
    Defeat Cleveland?
    Defeat Da Fade in Oakland?

Not all that impossible, then Denver is sitting at 9-6. Baltimore has a head-to-head tie-breaker so we would need to overtake them outright but the other wild card "contenders" can be had if the team keeps winning. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon now?

Presume the Chuggers make it, there's 6-5 Baltimore (which owns the tiebreaker with us), 6-5 Indianapolis
    I'm down. Plus, that final game against the Chargers is 1) at home and 2) the Chargers might not have anything to play for (i.e. playoff position already known).

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think we'd probably need to win out. 9-7 probably puts us in some tiebreakers that we'd get the short end of. I'm still not convinced it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm down. Plus, that final game against the Chargers is 1) at home and 2) the Chargers might not have anything to play for (i.e. playoff position already known).
    San Diego would play with heart even if just for the possibility of knocking us out of the playoffs. The last game on the schedule is the toughest game we have left even if they are out of contention, which I doubt they will be.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    San Diego would play with heart even if just for the possibility of knocking us out of the playoffs. The last game on the schedule is the toughest game we have left even if they are out of contention, which I doubt they will be.
    He's not saying they would be out of contention, he's saying they would have their playoff seed locked up and will be resting guys. There is a very high chance they will be locked into the 5 seed by week 17.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information