Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Are we watching the same clip? Because what I see is a QB moving out of the pocket to avoid getting killed by both edge rushers and then sliding to avoid contact before he even got back to the line of scrimmage. It was only because a defender hit him awkwardly in mid slide that he suffered the injury. But maybe he should have done the SMART thing and hung in there and took the bigger hit. Truth is...that could have happened to anyone.

But again...I'm not advocating signing him. Just saying that in the right scenario, he could do very well. Probably better than we could expect from Lynch or Siemian.
    You're right, I wasn't looking at the LoS, only how far he ran. The way the rules are now he should've just thrown it out of bounds once he was outside the tacklebox, but that's easy to say from the time- and pressure-free comfort of a chair. Figures he was hurt by Seattle hitting him as he slid; never change, Seahawks.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    You're right, I wasn't looking at the LoS, only how far he ran. The way the rules are now he should've just thrown it out of bounds once he was outside the tacklebox, but that's easy to say from the time- and pressure-free comfort of a chair. Figures he was hurt by Seattle hitting him as he slid; never change, Seahawks.
    Romo wasn't on the ground when the defender made contact with him. It wasn't a dirty hit.

3. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Romo wasn't on the ground when the defender made contact with him. It wasn't a dirty hit.
    He'd already dived; just didn't matter.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

The Seattle player was already mid tackle when he slid. Your asking a guy to stop in mid air to avoid contact. Which is not possible. It was a freak accident. I still don't have any interest in Romo.

6. The Following User High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    The Seattle player was already mid tackle when he slid. Your asking a guy to stop in mid air to avoid contact. Which is not possible. It was a freak accident. I still don't have any interest in Romo.
    Looks to me like he jumped and swiped AS Romo began his slide, but I concede it's close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Looks to me like he jumped and swiped AS Romo began his slide, but I concede it's close.
    Was not close at all. Not one part of that tackle should in any way garner any sort of question about a late hit. Not one part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Was not close at all. Not one part of that tackle should in any way garner any sort of question about a late hit. Not one part of it.
    He MAY have left his feet a SPLIT SECOND before Romo began sliding, but to say it's not even close "at all" is untenable: The tape don't lie. I mean sure, if we count Romos slide from "the moment he hits the ground" but the tackle from "the moment he leaps" it's "not close." But if we count from when each clearly and indisputably began their respective acts, which came first is VERY close. Put it this way:

Romo took longer throwing himself to the ground than Avril did leaping on him, even though Romo was working with gravity instead of against it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Romo had just begun to give himself up when he was hit by that defender. If the defender had made helmet to helmet contact with Romo, that would be a dirty hit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ah, no had still pretty much upright and the defender was already in the process of hitting tackling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Romo was injured on the play but it may not have been the defender that caused it. Hit the ground pretty hard with his rear-end it might have been the turf that caused it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h

Source says Tony Romo expecting release, not trade, and believes he can start as #NFL QB 2-3 more seasons despite turning 37, injury history

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h

Source says Tony Romo expecting release, not trade, and believes he can start as #NFL QB 2-3 more seasons despite turning 37, injury history
    Well if that's true he'll be in Denver. If he's released I think we automatically end up as the landing spot just about.

If we sign Romo, and the contract isn't awful, I might smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If we sign Romo, and the contract isn't awful, I might smile.
    The burden of proof will be on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The burden of proof will be on you.
    I want to be your friend, but our past is murky. I cannot smile now. Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information