Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Major League Baseball Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Montgomery and Moustakous the next big ones for Royals. Hosmer here to stay and Duffy has made a start already. Reason KC has #1 ranked farm system.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:

Problem is...im not sure KC knows what to do with all the kids. Moustakas has been tearing it up for the past 2 years and even with Gordon going to LF, he doesnt get a sniff. I think they'll be lucky if 2 of them pan out and I foresee them giving up on 1 or 2 that will end up being studs elsewhere.

I just dont have much faith in how that organization is run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

They need to give away more of their talent to the Rockies, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Problem is...im not sure KC knows what to do with all the kids. Moustakas has been tearing it up for the past 2 years and even with Gordon going to LF, he doesnt get a sniff. I think they'll be lucky if 2 of them pan out and I foresee them giving up on 1 or 2 that will end up being studs elsewhere.

I just dont have much faith in how that organization is run.
    I have more faith than I did five years ago.

As far as Moustakas, he had a rough start to the season. His slash stats were .222./.304/.410 with 4 homers. Plus, the Royals had Wilson Betemit hitting well. Sure, Moustakas has turned it around and is now hitting .317/.381/.529 in May, so once we get past the draft look for Betemit to get traded and for Moustakas to get a shot.

Hosmer was in a different position. Butler and Kia'ahue are terrible defensive first basemen and Kia'ahue wasn't hitting above the Mendoza line, and save for a walk-off homer in one of the first games of the season he wasn't doing anything.

Montgomery is having control problems, so it might be September before he sees the bigs. 48 Ks in 57 innings isn't exactly stellar. Duffy was pitching much better and the Royals had a spot open up in the rotation.

One thing to note, all of these players are coming from Triple-A Omaha. I think things are being ran much better than four and five years ago when the Royals were jumping any and all prospect they could get their hands on straight from Double-A.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

No reason to rush all the top prospects to the bigs just because. Royals have had plesent starts from the as mentioned Beitemit, even Jeff Francour!

One thing that is evident im baseball, actually have talked to Jason Grey about it, prospects are contributing at a younger age now and if your good teams are not waiting for the so called magic dates to retain players rights and what not.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Always love turning into the Padres-Rockies games because Dick Enberg is doing the Padres broadcast...one of the best ever.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A note from Jayson Stark's column from yesterday:

• You know what else is more than happenstance? The sudden increase in reports of the deteriorating condition of Wrigley Field. Publicly, Cubs management continues to profess its love and reverence for Wrigley. But privately, the same group is making sure people in baseball are well aware that it would take a massive infusion of dollars to keep Wrigley functional for much longer -- and even that might not be enough.

"Honestly, I don't know if that place can survive for five years," said one of those baseball people. "The infrastructure is in brutal shape."

Asked whether Wrigley was even a candidate for a Fenway-style renovation, the same source replied: "To be honest? I'd have to say no way."

But you won't see anyone in baseball publicly suggesting the Cubs move out of their own little national historic monument. Wrigley is too beloved to mess with -- in any way other than allowing the word to get around that, beneath the ivy and the bleachers, it's no longer the perfect, idyllic ballpark it appears to be. So if you think you've heard the last of this, guess again.
    The rest...one of the better weekly columns around
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...umblings110621

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I bought MLB.tv because my cable company doesn't carry MLB Network or the MLB Package...so I watch anywhere from one-five games a night, and much more on the weekend. Watched the Cubs-Astros game earlier on WGN until the Royals came on (Smashes by Gordon and The Hoz ()).

Rockies and Dodgers later. I'm sure I'll tune into some of that...
    Next season we should most definitely go into a subscription together. Currently, me and 3 other guys are sharing a subscription. I think you can have 5 devices streaming games from one log-on. I've got it hooked up on my ps3, and love getting to watch the Rox.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Always love turning into the Padres-Rockies games because Dick Enberg is doing the Padres broadcast...one of the best ever.
    On air, or over radio? I cannot stand listening to the Padre's TV announcers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    On TV. Maybe he only does home games, and he obviously won't be doing games this week or next, because he's at Wimbledon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

A note from Jayson Stark's column from yesterday:

The rest...one of the better weekly columns around
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...umblings110621
    The concrete was crumbling when I went 10 years ago. That place is awesome, they need to restore it if possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's strange how you are used to waiting seven days between football games, but when you have to wait four for a baseball game it seems like an eternity.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I hate that Curtis Granderson is a Yankee. One of the best people in baseball. If you don't know his story, both his parents are teachers and he is heavily involved in education charity work.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I hate that Curtis Granderson is a Yankee. One of the best people in baseball. If you don't know his story, both his parents are teachers and he is heavily involved in education charity work.
    This. It would be too soon if the Yankees ever win another WS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sam John

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    He does the TV broadcast when he's not at Wimbeldon or wherever else...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information