Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Cowherd is out...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Cowherd is out...
    good riddance to bad rubbish!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Colin is the ultimate wishy washy hot take guy. If Lock goes off over the next month he'll say he was always in on Lock!

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    good riddance to bad rubbish!
    It's kind of a dumb boomer rant... But I think there is maybe like a tiny iota of truth in there- I do worry a bit about Lock's maturity. I don't really care about the dancing if he's winning and converting 3rd downs at a high rate.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's kind of a dumb boomer rant... But I think there is maybe like a tiny iota of truth in there- I do worry a bit about Lock's maturity. I don't really care about the dancing if he's winning and converting 3rd downs at a high rate.
    I don't hate the take.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m not much worried about what Cowherd says, but the group of national talkers that I find to be the most intelligent on the subject (those I mentioned last week), do not see it. It does worry me.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m not much worried about what Cowherd says, but the group of national talkers that I find to be the most intelligent on the subject (those I mentioned last week), do not see it. It does worry me.
    Yeah, it's just little stuff that is starting to build for me... Last week he was asked about how he deals with being criticized for his poor play and his answer was something about how the people criticizing him aren't the ones who play the position... I don't know. It was a dumb answer. He clearly was just talking out his ass and didn't really stop to consider the question. It's a very small and insignificant thing - but it all starts to add up to me thinking he just doesn't quite "get it" yet. (This is in addition to my post about his football IQ still needing to be refined).

All of that said -- I think he was looking off some defenders in the 2nd half on some of his key completions... So if he can keep learning quickly, I'm not out on him yet.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

The physical tools are there but the football IQ and maturity issues need a lot of work. I’m not out but I’m very skeptical he’s our long term guy.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m just gonna say this, when Manning came back on the Chargers in the 4th quarter, it was Manning being Manning. He had a healthy, loaded offense and 15 years of experience.

Lock came back from 21 points down (had to score 28 to win, it’s not like the defense didn’t give up any more points) with 3 rookies (Jeudy, Hamler, Albert O) a second year Fant who is banged up, a third year Hamilton who until Sunday couldn’t catch a cold and without Sutton or Patrick. Folks can say what they want, but it’s not like the Chargers just rolled over for us or had a bunch of unforced errors. Sure, they took their foot off the gas with a big lead in the 4th a little but they didn’t just go 3 and out all quarter. It took the Broncos until the last play of the game.

I don’t give a shit about “experts” and pundits because if they really were experts they’d have a job with pro football organizations. I watched the game. I saw with my own eyes what we’re capable of once this team gets in synch. I’m firmly behind this team and staff. The pieces are in place for success. Now all that’s needed is repetition. Lock is my QB.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I like it and am fine with it. He is a competitor and fiery.

Before we have had lame ass Ortons, Flaccos, Keesums, etc......They all moped and looked defeated like they could actually care about anything other than their 18 mil contract they were getting that year.

He wins more than any of them. He dances more than any of them and he is fiery and brings some juice more than any of them. I am sick and tired of lame ass mopey play. So I am all down for that. I am not all in on Drew, but I am a lot more in on him then I am out. A lot! In fact, I think its funny people even worry about it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m just gonna say this, when Manning came back on the Chargers in the 4th quarter, it was Manning being Manning. He had a healthy, loaded offense and 15 years of experience.

Lock came back from 21 points down (had to score 28 to win, it’s not like the defense didn’t give up any more points) with 3 rookies (Jeudy, Hamler, Albert O) a second year Fant who is banged up, a third year Hamilton who until Sunday couldn’t catch a cold and without Sutton or Patrick. Folks can say what they want, but it’s not like the Chargers just rolled over for us or had a bunch of unforced errors. Sure, they took their foot off the gas with a big lead in the 4th a little but they didn’t just go 3 and out all quarter. It took the Broncos until the last play of the game.

I don’t give a shit about “experts” and pundits because if they really were experts they’d have a job with pro football organizations. I watched the game. I saw with my own eyes what we’re capable of once this team gets in synch. I’m firmly behind this team and staff. The pieces are in place for success. Now all that’s needed is repetition. Lock is my QB.
    Couldn't high five this enough.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Fans: OMG! He sucks! Had a few terrible games! Draft a new QB!

Also Fans after he pulled out an improbable win: Good grief! He's dancing!!! WTF!!! Get serious dude!!!

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Fans: OMG! He sucks! Had a few terrible games! Draft a new QB!

Also Fans after he pulled out an improbable win: Good grief! He's dancing!!! WTF!!! Get serious dude!!!
    Yes how dare we have opinions!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes how dare we have opinions!
    Wave to the rescue! Again.

Opinions are fine. Unless they're stupid and worthless.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wave to the rescue! Again.

Opinions are fine. Unless they're stupid and worthless.
    "Opinions that aren't mine are are stupid and worthless"

-BroncoJoe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information