Thread: Retrieving an accidently deleated email

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Retrieving an accidently deleated email

The reasons why I’m asking for this info is long & complicated. Bottom line, I need to retrieve an accidently deleted email that I sent on my Yahoo account. Contacting the recipient is not an option.

How would I go about contacting them so they can grant me access to the email files that they keep? How would I go about getting into the backup that's saved on my hard drive? Which method would be easier?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailt...Yahoo_Mail.htm

To my knowledge, there is no "backup" of a Yahoo email account on your hard drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailt...Yahoo_Mail.htm

To my knowledge, there is no "backup" of a Yahoo email account on your hard drive.
    I may not be using the correct terminology, but I know that hackers can get into my hard drive & get copies of every email I've ever sent from this computer. If they can do it illegally, then I should be able to do it legally.

Thanks for the link, but it’s only usable if you are retrieving something that you deleted in the past 48 hours.
    Last edited by FanInAZ; 03-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Unless your computer is infected with malware and you know how to use it, there's no way to retrieve cloud based emails, like Yahoo mail, in the manner you're describing, at least that I know of. Others may be more help or know of other options, but for the most part, with cloud based services, once you delete something, it's gone.

If it's been less than 30 days since you sent the email, and you haven't emptied your Trash, Yahoo will have the email there. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

search your internet cache, thats about as close as you're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

AZ, do you use an email client like Windows Mail or something like that for your HTTP email, or do everything through your browser?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I usually try not to delete emails that I may need later.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Yahoo mail has a "Sent" folder. If you sent it through Yahoo, you should see it there as long as you actually hit "send" when you sent it. They also have a "Drafts" folder if you never sent it. I would go online to Yahoo mail and look for it. You can always cut and paste it to another document if you need to store it elsewhere.

Are you saying you went to the "Sent" folder and deleted it from there?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I would like to hear this long & complicated explanation.

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I would like to hear this long & complicated explanation.
    Its probably just a link to some pron.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

14. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

First, let me thank all of you who told me the obvious as well as those who minds are in the gutter I’m touched that you thought enough to revive a thread that I had long since given up on

As far as the long and complicated explanation, it involved as series of emails that were sent to one of the local leaders of the Autistic community. The 1st one was sent last May in which I confronted her about her divisive personality and everyone that had been driven away as a result. Needless to say, she didn’t receive it well & it resulted in a major rift developing between the 2 of us resulting in a heated email exchange between throughout the summer. In September, I made an asserted effort to try and mend fences with her. I finally broke through after our January meeting when she and I talked as friends for the 1st time since I sent the 1st of the series of emails last May.

Nevertheless, we didn’t actually discuss any of the actual issues. That’s why I decided to send her the an email to build upon the progress we had made by stressing the fact that, in spite of the frustration that I’ve had dealing with divisiveness, I still view her 1st and foremost as the one who taught me about Autism after I’d been 1st diagnosed back in 2009. Furthermore, I still value her as a friend. I closed off the email by inviting her to speak at one of the 2 Autism conferences that I’m organizing in April. After 3 or 4 days of not hearing a response from her, I sent a 2nd email telling her that I needed to know if she was will and available to speak ASAP. She responded by claiming that she never received the previous email. I didn’t think any more about this until I saw her during our February meeting and she brought up entirely on her own that she always returns my email. Judging by her voice tone & facial expression, she was bothered by the idea that I believed that she didn’t. This fired up my brain’s ability to come up with too many possible alternative explanations.

One of those possibilities that her boyfriend, who I wasn’t sure if she was living with or not, might have snooped around in her mail after she had left her computer unattended. If this had happened, & he misinterpreted my intent for sending that email, he might have deleted it & that he might instigate a jealous confrontation with me if he ever accompanied her to an Autism event. Another possible, which is extremely unlikely for me, was that I didn’t click sent & closed out my email without sending it. Because I know that hackers can hack into hard drives & email servers without my consent, I was hoping that law abiding citizens could instruct me on how to do it with my consent. After thinking about this for a few days, I realized that I was way over analyzing this situation as was worry about things that probably will never happen. So that I was content to let this thread get buried.

Thanks for bringing this back up with the intent of helping, as well as those who are having fun making wild speculations as to why I started it in the 1st place

16. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information