Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Free Agency mega thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I wanted Abry Jones from Jacksonville to pair with a front line NT but it looks like he's not even going to test the market.

I'm thinking Hankins for NT atm, he's only 24.
    Just read on PFT that Jones re-signed with Jags for four years/$16M.

2. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago

Jets have notified Ryan Clady's agent @_SportsTrust that they aren't exercising option for 2017. Clady a free agent.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 52m52 minutes ago

Jaguars are not picking up LT Kelvin Beachum's option, sources say. So like Ryan Clady, he's headed to the free-agent market.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 42m42 minutes ago

A bit surprised Jags didn't pick up Kelvin Beachum's option. Clady, Beachum (+ maybe Okung) could join Andrew Whitworth as free agent LTs.

OoOooooooooooOoOoOOOOOOoooh
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 29m29 minutes ago

Dolphins will be releasing LT Branden Albert today, source says. It's Tunsil time there. Adds an intriguing option to the tackle market.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Miami is also going to release LT Brandon Albert. Just heard it on Sirius.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Connecting dots: Dolphins release LT Brandon Albert. Broncos looking for OT and HC Vance Joseph just spent past year in Miami. #9sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago Connecting dots: Dolphins release LT Brandon Albert. Broncos looking for OT and HC Vance Joseph just spent past year in Miami. #9sports
    Did he not play RT?

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Did he not play RT?
    No, I think Juwan James is their RT. Albert played LT and is being released because he was ineffective, like most of these similar guys that are on the market now, or might be (Clady, Okung, etc). They'll move Tunsil over to LT, supposedly.

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    No, I think Juwan James is their RT. Albert played LT and is being released because he was ineffective, like most of these similar guys that are on the market now, or might be (Clady, Okung, etc). They'll move Tunsil over to LT, supposedly.
    Albert wasn't ineffective in Miami from what I read. I believe that it is just injury issues and cost.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Albert wasn't ineffective in Miami from what I read. I believe that it is just injury issues and cost.
    I read he was decent but tunsil outshined him and its his time now. If he was ineffective tunsil would have moved over earlier.

I am thinking albert is the guy to be game changer in denvers OL plans. He can be a little bit more of a stop gap but let denver draft the ramcyk (sp?) In 1st as RT and slide him over if that good.

Yeah, ineffective due to injuries. I think he got through all 16 games once in his career. Similar to Okung coming here last year. I do think we make a run at him due to the Joseph connection. A lot depends on what we're doing with Okung.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I read he was decent but tunsil outshined him and its his time now. If he was ineffective tunsil would have moved over earlier.

I am thinking albert is the guy to be game changer in denvers OL plans. He can be a little bit more of a stop gap but let denver draft the ramcyk (sp?) In 1st as RT and slide him over if that good.
    I don't think Albert is a game changing OL and would be only a stop gap because of his age. If he was a game changer he's still be with KC.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 4h4 hours ago

One more Dolphins release: DT Earl Mitchell, who was due $4m this upcoming season. He'll be released today, source says.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 27m27 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Mike Garafolo

As #Broncos look for options to better stop the run, Mitchell should be worth kicking the tires on.Played for Joseph last yr @DenverChannel

17. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I don't think Albert is a game changing OL and would be only a stop gap because of his age. If he was a game changer he's still be with KC.
    Not in talent but in the FA game plan. There were no really good opens at LT before and now there is a decent option.

Evidently the Dolphins aren't releasing Albert yet as there may be a trade market developing

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information