Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2016 World Cup of Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    3-1 NA over Sweden in the 1st.
    Damn. I didn't know they played so early. I'm used to games being at 330 and 8.

As soon as I tune in Sweden scores. **** me.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Knocked in by NA. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    As soon as I tune in Sweden scores. **** me.
    ha, doomsday dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Seth Jones is fun to watch.

there are some really good young players, this league has definitely moved to a speed game which lends to youth. 10 years ago there wouldn't have been enough players under 24 in the league to make a team
    Last edited by weazel; 09-21-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

So it will be Sweden versus Europe. Canada will play either North America or Russia, depending on if Russia beats Finland tomorrow. The winners meet in a best of 3 final.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/hockey/nh...ults-1.3768569

Torterella uses "lack of skill" as an excuse for losing but leaves Kessel, one of the top scoring Americans, off the roster. It wasn't a skill issue, it was a game plan issue. He stated that the team didn't play physical enough. He wanted a bunch of players from the NHL to go out and play dirty hockey against guys they are teammates and friends with, it isn't going to happen. They have enough skill to win any tournament, if it was all about pure skill, the Russians would win every tournament.

10. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

probably so.

Of all the russians I have played against (a lot as there are several all russian teams around these parts) they are all hands and passing and shelfing.
    The canadians are better players, play better together and may not be as skilled in one area but better overall. I think they skate faster too.
    Americans we seem to be kinda in between both, but so young in it that we cant compete yet.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    probably so.

Of all the russians I have played against (a lot as there are several all russian teams around these parts) they are all hands and passing and shelfing.
    The canadians are better players, play better together and may not be as skilled in one area but better overall. I think they skate faster too.
    Americans we seem to be kinda in between both, but so young in it that we cant compete yet.
    If you take a look at practice drills on hockey coaching sites you will see the difference in the countries techniques from novice to semi pro. The Russian theory is to force individual skills while the Canadians preach team and coordinated attack. Now this is where it gets weird because if you watch the Russians play in any of these best on best tournaments in the last 10 years, you will notice that they aren't coached to go out and use that individual skill, they are coached to play a robotic team style. Case in point, in this tournament they had Malkin, Ovechkin, Panarin, Tarasenko and a couple others that are without a doubt 6 of the highest skilled players in the NHL and they each only played 14 minutes a game because the coach rolled 4 lines the entire tournament. He took all the skilled talent and sat them on the bench for most the game so he could roll his lines.

If you have ever watch Ovechkin play you would know that he has to have shots or some body contact before he gets going, he thrives on it. That's hard to do when you're rolling 4 lines and only getting 30-40 seconds of ice time every 4 minutes of game play.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

I feel a little guilty that I was happy Russia won today. Even though that means Team NA is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Torterella uses "lack of skill" as an excuse for losing but leaves Kessel, one of the top scoring Americans, off the roster. It wasn't a skill issue, it was a game plan issue. He stated that the team didn't play physical enough. He wanted a bunch of players from the NHL to go out and play dirty hockey against guys they are teammates and friends with, it isn't going to happen. They have enough skill to win any tournament, if it was all about pure skill, the Russians would win every tournament.
    Maybe Torts was talking about lack of skill by the Head Coach.

Just kidding. I couldn't pass that up. Though I'm sure some people would agree with me. I'm biased for Torterella because he got some wins out of the Blue Jackets who looked like they couldn't win a game. And he's entertaining. Team USA really shit the bed this tournament though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I feel a little guilty that I was happy Russia won today. Even though that means Team NA is gone.
    I liked it as well, I think NA would have had a better chance at beating Canada. The Russians look bad but playing Canada might bring the best out of them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information