Thread: Derek Sherrod: Do Broncos take a look?

Default Derek Sherrod: Do Broncos take a look?

OT Derek Sherrod, first-round pick in 2011 by the Packers, was waived today:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6559/derek-sherrod

I think that the Broncs owe it to themselves to put in a waiver claim and try to bring him in. Maybe he can be the answer at RT.

Just don't think it's a realistic get. Denver is somewhere like 31st on the waiver wire and alot of teams will likely put in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Just don't think it's a realistic get. Denver is somewhere like 31st on the waiver wire and alot of teams will likely put in for him.
    Good point, although they should try if there is an outside shot (that's why I was disappointed that they waived him instead of cutting him). If not, though, they should still keep their eyes out.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I highly doubt any team puts a claim on him. They will let him pass through waivers and bring him in as FA to reduce amount they will pay him, if they sign him.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Jerrod sounds like damaged goods who is never going to return to the way he was. Kind of like Kuper.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Jerrod sounds like damaged goods who is never going to return to the way he was. Kind of like Kuper.
    Or, say, Marvin Austin.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Except that Sherrod wasn't any good as a Pro.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He's a Mississippi State guy so I'm all for it!

Yes, lets bring in oline half way through the season, and let them catch on to this offense.

How about we find more lb depth?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Dude has never really recovered from his injury and has been a turnstile at the tackle position. PASS!

13. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

I've never looked at him so I don't know but I have looked at Matt paradis a bit. I think he needs to get active.....last year I would have defended man ram to the hills. But this year his play is pissing me off. Matt may be better than him even now.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I've never looked at him so I don't know but I have looked at Matt paradis a bit. I think he needs to get active.....last year I would have defended man ram to the hills. But this year his play is pissing me off. Matt may be better than him even now.
    Any center that plays with Manning has to have a special understanding of the game and offense. I doubt that Paradis is there yet. The mental aspect of being Manning's center is just as important as the physical aspect.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information