Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe does not make trip to KC

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default Derek Wolfe does not make trip to KC

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/406589096631349248
    Derek Wolfe did not make trip to KC
    Given surprise nature of Wolfe's inactive status, I opted to post a new thread. Gotta wonder what illness he is dealing with to be listed as questionable earlier today and then not make the trip and I certainly hope he gets well soon. Jackson, Ayers, and Phillips ought to be able to fill in for him but I don't like how this comes on the heels of us losing Vickerson on the interior too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Derek Wolfe falls ill, may miss Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs game

Another week. Another defensive starter who may be down for the Broncos.

Some time between the Broncos' practice Friday and when the team departed at mid-afternoon for its trip to Kansas City, starting defensive lineman Derek Wolfe fell ill.

Wolfe was fine in the locker room at 1:30 p.m. and the team departed by bus for the airport at 2:30 p.m.
    AND
    If Wolfe cannot make the trip to Kansas City, the Broncos would likely downgrade his playing status by 2 p.m. Saturday.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ay-miss-kansas

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/406589096631349248
    Derek Wolfe did not make trip to KC
    Given surprise nature of Wolfe's inactive status, I opted to post a new thread. Gotta wonder what illness he is dealing with to be listed as questionable earlier today and then not make the trip and I certainly hope he gets well soon. Jackson, Ayers, and Phillips ought to be able to fill in for him but I don't like how this comes on the heels of us losing Vickerson on the interior too.

Maybe he gets feeling better tonight or tomorrow and makes the trip out in time to play!!?? Unless it's something really serious.

5. The Following User High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I just get this message in my email...adversity...seems to inspire this team..someone will step up and be a star

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    Maybe he gets feeling better tonight or tomorrow and makes the trip out in time to play!!?? Unless it's something really serious.
    Rotoworld has it listed as him being OUT based on the report by Klis, but after reading the DP article it is certainly a possibility that the team sends a private jet to bring him in before Sunday's late game. Considering the implications of tomorrow's game and the official questionable label by the team, it is certainly a possibility that Bowlen makes the accommodations to get him to Arrowhead if he might be good to go.
    Last edited by UnderArmour; 11-29-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Day ahead

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Teams should monitor every bite of food those players eat. No junk food, no alcohol, etc...People do that when they invest a few million in race horses, football players are no different, theyre investments....they shouldnt be getting sick, they get paid too much..maybe wolfe needs to go paleo lol
    Ps get well Wolfe

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Rotoworld has it listed as him being OUT based on the report by Klis, but after reading the DP article it is certainly a possibility that the team sends a private jet to bring him in tomorrow morning for a late game. Considering the implications of tomorrow's game and the official questionable label by the team, it is certainly a possibility that Bowlen makes the accommodations to get him to Arrowhead if he might be good to go.
    Hey UA - you need a new calendar - LOL The game is Sunday, not Saturday

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Maybe he caught the 24 hour bug and will be just fine by Sunday...ya, probably so

Robert Ayers will take names in this game.

Lol@having him back on Sunday. Yay......no. won't happen. Brutal flu can make the most badass of us into little bitches. If happens. Wolfe will be back for next week, Broncos just need to make sure he comes back to a 1st place team
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Teams should monitor every bite of food those players eat. No junk food, no alcohol, etc...People do that when they invest a few million in race horses, football players are no different, theyre investments....they shouldnt be getting sick, they get paid too much..maybe wolfe needs to go paleo lol
    Ps get well Wolfe
    This is a joke, right? They're people, not animals; the team can't tell them what to eat and what to not eat, though it can certainly cut them if they come on the field as sickly tubs o' lard.

I hope he's OK, and hope we can handle the Chiefs in a road game that's always tough for us. Ayers is good against the run, but I'm unsure he can take advantage of passing doubleteams on Miller like Wolfe can. Tomorrow's kind of scary now; not only are we missing Big Vick against Charles, and not only would KC take the division lead with a win, but even if they stumbled against SD/Indy and we pull it out, NE would get playoff homefield unless THEY lose a game (unlikely now; their remaining schedule is mostly crap.) This is an ill timed illness.
    Last edited by Joel; 11-30-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Ps get well Wolfe
    You do realize that viruses generally aren't passed around through food, right? 'Cause, I'm not sure how monitoring their food has anything to do with them getting sick.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

17. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You do realize that viruses generally aren't passed around through food, right? 'Cause, I'm not sure how monitoring their food has anything to do with them getting sick.
    You mean it's not sexually transmitted?

Lets hope a bunch of other players don't get sick after being around Wolfe.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos' Derek Wolfe ruled out for Kansas City game with illness

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe has been ruled out of Sunday's game at Kansas City because of an illness.

Wolfe is being treated at a Denver hospital after becoming ill on the team's bus to Denver International Airport on Friday. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital after becoming sick and is being evaluated to determine the cause of his symptoms.

Wolfe, who's started each of the Broncos' 11 games this season, plays defensive end in their base defense and tackle in their passing packages.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...nsas-city-game

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information