Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Final cuts???

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Default Final cuts???

So, for those of us who got to see the last ......preseason game and for those who didn't, give me your thoughts on who might get the axe.

First question...why was Sheffler in the game from the 3rd quarter to the end of the game? Is his job in jeopardy, or does he just need more game time work?

Hixon? Stay or go? #4 or #5 WR?

Selvin Young?

Andre Hall??

Brian Clarke???

I thought all four did good enough to atleast make the squad for special team work and practice squad.

Thoughts??

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    So, for those of us who got to see the last ......preseason game and for those who didn't, give me your thoughts on who might get the axe.

First question...why was Sheffler in the game from the 3rd quarter to the end of the game? Is his job in jeopardy, or does he just need more game time work?

Selvin Young?

Andre Hall??

Brian Clarke???

I thought all four did good enough to atleast make the squad for special team work and practice squad.

Thoughts??
    Yes Hixon stays as #4 in my book.
    Selvin mark my words stays & will be # 2
    and everything else is up in the air. I agree with what Rivers was saying about Hall getting cut then signed to the practice squad in a few days if he is not picked up.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05 View Post
    and everything else is up in the air. I agree with what Rivers was saying about Hall getting cut then signed to the practice squad in a few days if he is not picked up.
    Selvin #2??

I guess it could happen. He has looked good this preseason. That would be something to have another undrafted free agent as our back up RB

So do you see Bell as #3 or CUt?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Selvin #2??

I guess it could happen. He has looked good this preseason. That would be something to have another undrafted free agent as our back up RB

So do you see Bell as #3 or CUt?
    Bell showed he could play both hb and fb tonight. I say he stays as #3

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Wow, I didnt get to see the last game but Young the #2 back..really...??

I think he has looked good so far but not good enough to take M. Bells spot as the backup. We"ll see...

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Wow, I didnt get to see the last game but Young the #2 back..really...??

I think he has looked good so far but not good enough to take M. Bells spot as the backup. We"ll see...
    Bell has proven more in the regular season... I hope Young gets a few shots here and there, but Bell compiled a rather decent season for a backup undrafted rookie RB, IMO... I can't see him losing his spot over a few preseason games.

That said... if there's been enough going on in practices that we don't know about... anything's possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

OH it will happen. Yes it will happen. look at his speed, foot work and agility. IMO he is better than MB but hey Mike S. has proved me wrong before. But this time I think he will call me personally on this matter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Selvin Young?

Andre Hall??

Brian Clarke???

Thoughts??
    I think Scheffler was in the game cause he is out of shape and needed the playing time. He just isn't a candidate to be cut, imo, but nothing Shanahan will ever do will ever surprise me.

You'd think that, at the very least, he has trade value. But there is just no way in hell Scheffler isn't the No2 TE, even with Shanahan making the decisions.

Hixon stays, imo, he showed enough tonight just as a blocker to secure a job as No4 til (IF) Rod Smith comes off the PUP.

Selvin Young stays, I think, as a No3 who never dresses up.

Andre Hall....don't care....Maybe he is signed to the PS.

Brian Clark?.....No5 and final WR.

My question is Paymah's injury....Is it a concussion or a spinal cord concussion? He looked good before the injury tonight....

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I think Scheffler was in the game cause he is out of shape and needed the playing time. He just isn't a candidate to be cut, imo, but nothing Shanahan will ever do will ever surprise me.

You'd think that, at the very least, he has trade value. But there is just no way in hell Scheffler isn't the No2 TE, even with Shanahan making the decisions.

Hixon stays, imo, he showed enough tonight just as a blocker to secure a job as No4 til (IF) Rod Smith comes off the PUP.

My question is Paymah's injury....Is it a concussion or a spinal cord concussion? He looked good before the injury tonight....
    On Paymah, SHanahan said after the game that he was feeling good. Still not sure what type of injury it was though. Based off of the hit and measures taken, I would say spinal cord type injury..but I could be wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

The said concussion. BUt I disagree with yoou on Young he will be #2 and Bell will play both. IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

The said concussion. BUt I disagree with yoou on Young he will be #2 and Bell will play both. IMO
    THere you go...a concussion I guess. Well thats a lot better then spinal cord injury.

SO, if YOung is #2 and Bell plays some FB...who are our RB's and FB's?

RB= Henry, Young, Bell

FB = Johnson, Sapp, Bell

I guess that could work. We would technically have 3 guys at each position, and actually 4 at the RB position because Sapp could fill in as well.

Thats actually not a bad looking back field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Bell might have to play both (plus ST's) to make the team.

Sapp No2 at both RB and FB....

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Bell might have to play both (plus ST's) to make the team.

Sapp No2 at both RB and FB....
    Sapp will not be #2 Selvin will be. Watch and when cp's do come I will be waiting for all of my points!

Before cuting proven VETremember that Watt looked like a n all pro in preseason also two years ago .. Where is he NOW?

preseason means diddlly squat .

Last year scheffle looked like a starter in preseason but played very little till late in the year after admiting that he did not "get the play book" down. the playing calling in preseason is pure plain vanilla. Not so in regular season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Before cuting proven VETremember that Watt looked like a n all pro in preseason also two years ago .. Where is he NOW?

preseason means diddlly squat .

Last year scheffle looked like a starter in preseason but played very little till late in the year after admiting that he did not "get the play book" down. the playing calling in preseason is pure plain vanilla. Not so in regular season.
    Sounds like a texan talkin now!!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information