Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proposed: Amended Rules

How about if you dont see it on HBO then its not allowed.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    I just re-read that part too. I understand the no "flaming" threads of decisions and I think I understand starting a thread in Town Hall discussing a rule/decision but I honestly feel that eventually that thread is going to turn into a bash thread.
    Any suggested language change?

Ricky Guest

tned,
    I hope you don't mind. I spent quite a bit of time thinking of and then writing up a set of posting guidelines over on the BroncosFreak as a moderator. Here is a link to the guidelines http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14232

They were not the most followed, but when I wrote them, I felt they captured what we was trying to do on the Freak. I will quote them here:

All members of BroncosFreak.com are expected to abide by a code of conduct. This code is not meant to restrictive, but to provide a positive experience for everyone. Each of these general principles are fundamental to the quality of the BroncosFreak website.

Diversity... We are all a community from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on sports and life. At all times, we expect our members to respect the different views that others bring.

Respectfulness... We expect our members to show respect for each other. Respecting their person, their views, their time and their opinions ... even if you disagree with them.

Harassment... Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, or denigrates another member at any time. We will have zero tolerance for anyone who takes an exchange about any topic to a personal level. Personal attacks and repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment.

Disruption... Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness... As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity includes vulgar language and pictures; sexist, racist, anti-religious or homophobic language; and the masking of words by inserting an asterisk * or another similar keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term. We realize that there's a 'grey area' of judgement with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by keeping this guideline in mind.

Intelligence... This is a Bronco fan website with quality standards and members are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting with each other on BroncosFreak is completely optional; many members of this site often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting something meaningful.

To help maintain the best possible environment for all posters, a warning system is in place. Posters who abuse these guidelines will receive warnings. Multiple offenses will lead to restricted access to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    tned,
    I hope you don't mind. I spent quite a bit of time thinking of and then writing up a set of posting guidelines over on the BroncosFreak as a moderator. Here is a link to the guidelines http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14232

They were not the most followed, but when I wrote them, I felt they captured what we was trying to do on the Freak. I will quote them here:

All members of BroncosFreak.com are expected to abide by a code of conduct. This code is not meant to restrictive, but to provide a positive experience for everyone. Each of these general principles are fundamental to the quality of the BroncosFreak website.

Diversity... We are all a community from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on sports and life. At all times, we expect our members to respect the different views that others bring.

Respectfulness... We expect our members to show respect for each other. Respecting their person, their views, their time and their opinions ... even if you disagree with them.

Harassment... Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, or denigrates another member at any time. We will have zero tolerance for anyone who takes an exchange about any topic to a personal level. Personal attacks and repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment.

Disruption... Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness... As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity includes vulgar language and pictures; sexist, racist, anti-religious or homophobic language; and the masking of words by inserting an asterisk * or another similar keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term. We realize that there's a 'grey area' of judgement with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by keeping this guideline in mind.

Intelligence... This is a Bronco fan website with quality standards and members are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting with each other on BroncosFreak is completely optional; many members of this site often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting something meaningful.

To help maintain the best possible environment for all posters, a warning system is in place. Posters who abuse these guidelines will receive warnings. Multiple offenses will lead to restricted access to the site.
    Thanks for posting these. One thing I want to make sure we have is rules that are as specific as possible (it is impossible to cover everything that could happen in a set of rules), and then are enforced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    How about if you dont see it on HBO then its not allowed.
    Just what is it you don't see on HBO?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

In certain forums, ie lounge and smack - if the bashee doesnt report the post or have a problem than i dont think it should be an issue for the mods - if the tick skins want to rag other thick skins - those who arent involved shouldnt worry about it - ie mind their own business - i say this cause i have had people report a comment made about me that I figure i can handle myself - Ive never reported someone (if not in jest) and i dont think anyone should report something on my behalf - BUT if i retaliate (ie they started it) they cant report my comeback - or if they do mods and such should take into consideration who started and and the fact the first person who got dissed never said anything the disser SHOULD expect something in return
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

I propose we get rid of all the rules. Do I have a second?
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

10. The Following User High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado4Life View Post
    I propose we get rid of all the rules. Do I have a second?
    I second that

It be nice to go here and just do as I please.
    Though I know thats not happening.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Rules and regulations are only put in place to limit freedom. This country was founded on freedom and the right of the individual to self-govern. We should do our upmost to allow people to self-govern. While I personally find some posters annoying, being stupid is not a crime yet, although there are certainly some good arguments for criminizalizing stupidity but that would violate the freedom of the idiot as there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Rules and regulations are only put in place to limit freedom. This country was founded on freedom and the right of the individual to self-govern. We should do our upmost to allow people to self-govern. While I personally find some posters annoying, being stupid is not a crime yet, although there are certainly some good arguments for criminizalizing stupidity but that would violate the freedom of the idiot as there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."
    Based on this post I am now fully in favor of any and all anti-stupidity rules.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Based on this post I am now fully in favor of any and all anti-stupidity rules.
    You have a right to be a Communist.. But me and my dancing pink elefant [sic] are still your friends.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Hmm...
    Merry.

18. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."

...I thought it was Dare to be Stupid.

On a side note.....is there a way to make a rule against going off topic in treads? I am tired of reading post after post where users go back and forth at each other, calling each other names/gay/make fun of rides/etc/etc......it's really annoying in the Pic's thread....you have to go through 3-4 pages of no pics, just people going back and forth at each other. Isn't that what PM's are for?

PEACE!!!
    Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 04-14-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Wait a second. This is BS...Can we at least talk about this first? How come this was never brought up in the Town Hall Forum?
    Beef, seriously, be careful. It's not like your a long time member here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

I smell SPAM.

EDIT: Nice work Mods that was some serious quick deletion!
    Last edited by ApaOps5; 09-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.

23. The Following User High Fived ApaOps5 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information