Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: So, it will be between Saquon Barkley and Philip Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He had a couple change of directions on the 65 yarder that were pretty impressive. Not many guys could have done what he did:
    Also, the downfield blocks were impressive to. One by a WR and one by either Wilkerson or Veldheer I think that came all the way over from the right side (if it was one of those two). With that speed and his nose for the holes, it was just a matter of time until he busted a long one.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

He’s the best runner in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He’s the best runner in the league.
    Dare I say remniscent of the great Barry Sanders?

Dare I say remniscent of the great Barry Sanders?
    Better - he can actually attack the middle.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

okay, let's maybe pump the brakes just a little bit. . .

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    He’s Barry freaking Sanders with a side of Ladanian Thomlinson you stuffy fart!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

But seriously, how often does someone average 5.5-6 ypc? The last guy I can remember with an apc like that was Chris Johnson.

But seriously, how often does someone average 5.5-6 ypc? The last guy I can remember with an apc like that was Chris Johnson.
    Jamaal Charles.

That's the point - he can break big plays while being useful between the tackles, and doesn't need a ton of touches to be effective.

I don't care if the board overstates how good he is - he's a young back with the ability to be great and he's fun. It's not like he's a young back who clearly is overachieving like Selvin Young.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Jamaal Charles.

That's the point - he can break big plays while being useful between the tackles, and doesn't need a ton of touches to be effective.

I don't care if the board overstates how good he is - he's a young back with the ability to be great and he's fun. It's not like he's a young back who clearly is overachieving like Selvin Young.
    He’s also a reason to watch the otherwise dreadful offense. Denver is now must see tv and I’ll probably get to watch the rest of their games now.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Let's say Barkley finishes the season with a TD more, and 100 or 200 yards more than Lindsay, does the fact that he was an undrafted FA have anything impact on the decision making?

We all know Barkley went 2nd over all, and it's assumed he should have these kind of numbers for going so high in the draft, how is it an undrafted rookie RB is right there with him??

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

He’s also a reason to watch the otherwise dreadful offense. Denver is now must see tv and I’ll probably get to watch the rest of their games now.
    If we still had CJ Anderson (I know I'll get hate for this because a lot of people like him but, he didn't do much for me), I'd watch other games while we're on offense because it's a snooze fest.

Early in the game the announcers pointed out that without DT the game got harder for Sutton. They also noted the opposing defense couldn't get away with bracketing a WR when Lindsay was going off. That's sort of the point - Lindsay basically subsidizes the limited QB and the young WR.

He's carrying an entire offense. And, when we run the ball, Bolles gets to do something he's good at - run blocking.

Lindsay is carrying our limited and learning players.

Clearly the MVP and best back in the league.

It's science.

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Let's say Barkley finishes the season with a TD more, and 100 or 200 yards more than Lindsay, does the fact that he was an undrafted FA have anything impact on the decision making?

We all know Barkley went 2nd over all, and it's assumed he should have these kind of numbers for going so high in the draft, how is it an undrafted rookie RB is right there with him??

If Phil manages to drag this team to the playoffs after starting 3-6 and makes it to a 7 game win streak while continuing to do what he’s been doing as well as getting more involved in the passing game, he can snatch the award from Saquon’s quads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    It is early but there is no doubt he is electric and a huge reason why we are where we are this season. I just hope he stays durable.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

He’s Barry freaking Sanders with a side of Ladanian Thomlinson you stuffy fart!
    Yeah, well, let's just hope he doesn't start channeling Kareem Hunt!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information