Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Case For or Against Joe Mixon

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If Broncos burn a 2 on him, so be it.
    They burned a 2 on Gotsis, so its not a stretch.

2. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    They burned a 2 on Gotsis, so its not a stretch.
    Gotsis might turn out ok. He has beast potential, and the first year was scheduled as development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Gotsis might turn out ok. He has beast potential, and the first year was scheduled as development.
    Yeah, DL normally takes two seasons to get going. It's hard to get a DL stud right out of the gate. He was on the Malik Jackson timeline anyway.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Mixon is a better RB than McCaffrey.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Mixon is a better RB than McCaffrey.
    Might be true, but McCaffrey isn't just a RB and adding Mixon when the new head coach has his own previous sexual assault allegations he's trying to live down might be more baggage than Denver wants to add this offseason. I'm sure there's some point in the draft where the talent level would be too great to continue to pass on, but Shanahan isn't making those calls any more. It's probably further down the draft than some other teams, so Denver won't get to make that choice.

Or they just go legacy stud in the first instead and skip that whole drama.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

From a strict BPA take, where do you guys think McCaff falls? What about Mixon?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You say BPA like it has a definition.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

You say BPA like it has a definition.
    Best player available is pretty vague.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ng-female-2014

For those that like Mixon. Here is a video of him knocking the chick out.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Thanks. Now that I've seen it, the NFL should ban him for two years, maybe three.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I want sport, not social justice crusades. Leave the justice to the courts and player conduct policies.

Just watched some film. He's pretty amazing on the football field. He is a first round talent to my inexperienced eyes.

It's going to be a tough stigma for him to overcome with teammates, coaches, and fans. The most likely way he can mitigate that stigma is by making a name for himself in the NFL. Then doing a few good things community-wise. Maybe take on a cause.

I guess we'll see. I'm fine with him as a Bronco as long as he's grown up and learned from that terrible decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I want sport, not social justice crusades. Leave the justice to the courts and player conduct policies.

Just watched some film. He's pretty amazing on the football field. He is a first round talent to my inexperienced eyes.

It's going to be a tough stigma for him to overcome with teammates, coaches, and fans. The most likely way he can mitigate that stigma is by making a name for himself in the NFL. Then doing a few good things community-wise. Maybe take on a cause.

I guess we'll see. I'm fine with him as a Bronco as long as he's grown up and learned from that terrible decision.
    He better. Shows me he has quick temper and anger issues. Those players do not always work out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    He better. Shows me he has quick temper and anger issues. Those players do not always work out.
    Agree, temperament is what it is, and doesn't change. He needs to be more careful about the situations he puts himself in--that is a habit and can be shaped by force of will. Recognize when things are going south and do the right thing in light of the anger issue you know you have. He said he doesn't drink, that's good if true.

Well, his actions definitely can't be condoned, but if she really did use a racial slur and spit on him she should have expected some sort of recourse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

TJ Ward @bossward43

We gotta stop putting our women down

Random tweet wity mixon in house?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information