Page 126 of 278 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4165

Thread: 2017 Other NFL Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Juju suspended 1 game - I think he deserved more, but glad he at least got something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Personally, I think the Juju block/taunt is much worse for the game than what Gronk did. I actually don't think what Gronk did is that big of a deal - he momentarily lost his temper and took a shot at a guy who he thought was cheating. It's obviously a foul, and he probably deserves the suspension, but I can sort of understand how he just went over the edge... It happens.

Whereas the Juju hit, IMO, exemplifies the toxic type of play that they're trying to remove from the game. Then to stand over a guy who just incurred a head injury as a result of your intent to deliver pain, shows a level of malice that wasn't present with Gronk.

Anyway - I'd suspend Juju multiple games, but I don't think there is precedent for that.
    I disagree. Not that Schuster’s hit wasn’t vicious and illegal, and he has been suspended rightfully so. He did the exact same thing that Eddie McCaffrey did in the Super Bowl that we all celebrate. Gronkowkski? He just sucker punched a dude after the play when the guy was laying face down out of bounds. The latter is much dirtier in my opinion.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I disagree. Not that Schuster’s hit wasn’t vicious and illegal, and he has been suspended rightfully so. He did the exact same thing that Eddie McCaffrey did in the Super Bowl that we all celebrate. Gronkowkski? He just sucker punched a dude after the play when the guy was laying face down out of bounds. The latter is much dirtier in my opinion.
    We're all entitled to our opinions

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Some are right, and some are wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    One got too ambitious and flagrant with a block during a play. The other delivered a sucker punch after the whistle was blown when the guy was laying on the ground.

I have no reservations about my opinion.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

One got too ambitious and flagrant with a block during a play. The other delivered a sucker punch after the whistle was blown when the guy was laying on the ground.

I have no reservations about my opinion.
    The part I took issue with was standing over him like Burfict was his trophy kill right before he gets hauled off on a stretcher. The block itself I can excuse.

I see that Juju apologized today, in which case I think the two are mostly on par with one another... They both got caught up in the adrenaline and made out-of-character moves. I think the fact that they both showed remorse matters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Kind of makes Talibs suspension look like child’s play

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Gronk reverts to his dumb guy ah shucks bullshit. **** him and **** that crooked franchise. And eff every mod especially Slick while I’m at it.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The part I took issue with was standing over him like Burfict was his trophy kill right before he gets hauled off on a stretcher. The block itself I can excuse.

I see that Juju apologized today, in which case I think the two are mostly on par with one another... They both got caught up in the adrenaline and made out-of-character moves. I think the fact that they both showed remorse matters.
    Gronkowski did the same. I’m just not going to see this differently. Gronkowski’s sucker punch was one of the most egregious things I’ve seen in awhile. It really was Bertuzzi redux.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Gronkowski did the same. I’m just not going to see this differently. Gronkowski’s sucker punch was one of the most egregious things I’ve seen in awhile. It really was Bertuzzi redux.
    Bertuzzi should be in prison. He ended the guy's career. That comparison is a bad one.

I agree Gronk's move was egregious - we can agree to disagree on which one pissed us off more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bertuzzi should be in prison. He ended the guy's career. That comparison is a bad one.

I agree Gronk's move was egregious - we can agree to disagree on which one pissed us off more.
    Is it?

A pair of sucker punches driving someone's head into the ground from behind. Looks pretty similar to me. This really was just egregious, and one game definitely wasn't enough.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Guys take worse hits than that all day long on the football field. It was a dirty, BS, chicken shit hit but the part where you totally lose me is where you suggest that it could have caused grave bodily injury. It just wasn't that bad of a shot.

Moore never played another game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Guys take worse hits than that all day long on the football field. It was a dirty, BS, chicken shit hit but the part where you totally lose me is where you suggest that it could have caused grave bodily injury. It just wasn't that bad of a shot.

Moore never played another game.
    ??? Gronkowski hit him in the spine, literally. He was lucky it was just a concussion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

??? Gronkowski hit him in the spine, literally. He was lucky it was just a concussion.
    Hit him in the spine? That's over the top. He kind of gave him a forearm to the back while driving his body on top of him. It was dirty but the idea that you'd put it in the same category is Bertuzzi is absolutely absurd... Also keeping in mind that Bertuzzi continued to hunt Moore long after was reasonable, and Moore already dropped the gloves during that game to give the Canucks a fair shot at him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the realm of flagrant cheap shots, defined as something that clearly goes way beyond the pale of what is acceptable - Gronk's was about as bad as it gets...

But it just wasn't as violent or ferocious as some want to suggest.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information