Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who the devil is Brandon Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    alright, that's it! now you're just overplaying your hand. . .

or in macbeth??
    The only M to the C we got going on in here is the Mc to the Rib.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

And so it begins, who could’ve predicted this?

I mean besides me, who?
    case MF rypien will absolve even you of your sins. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The only M to the C we got going on in here is the Mc to the Rib.
    beliiiieve me, lord. . . even you, brother, can find absolution at the feet of our blessed lady of shitty QBs. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

beliiiieve me, lord. . . even you, brother, can find absolution at the feet of our blessed lady of shitty QBs. . .
    I would rather write a love letter about Kubiak's offensive prowess (LOL) than go through another TS remix.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

case MF rypien will absolve even you of your sins. . .
    He better get started, might take a bit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You make rah rah bullshit enthusiasm sound worse than it actually is.
    God bless.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It's actually the worst thing. Because if you don't buy into it everyone gets butt hurt. Then they make threads with specious and obtuse arguments. Then people who want to be optimistic give them clout for it. Then everyone shits on you. Then you're labeled with being a negative bad fan. Then after periods of time people realize you were right, don't want to admit it, don't want to apologize for their verbal abuse/horrible arguments, and then when you point out you were right you're called an *******.

I've gone through this twice now. The worst part of it is that you know the GM is falling for that same shit, too.

If Rypien turns into the TS Remix I'll probably take a break from the board so I don't ruin people's fun, and so I don't have to feel like an ******* for bumping threads where people self-styled.
    It’s like you’ve been reading my diary.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-31-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I would rather write a love letter about Kubiak's offensive prowess (LOL) than go through another TS remix.
    dalvin cook is better than kirk cousins! brandon allen is better than nobody. . .

He better get started, might take a bit.
    lol, good point!
    - John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

dalvin cook is better than kirk cousins! brandon allen is better than nobody. . .

lol, good point!
    Cook sure is. But Cousins had a good year last year, and is on fire this year. He's a good solid QB. But Lock/the guy we might draft shall be better!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Alright. I’m gonna stan Kyle Allen!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Alright. I’m gonna stan Kyle Allen!
    Your tea's gone cold I'm wondering why...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Rypien is a scrub. Guarantee if we were in playoff position and Flacco got hurt still. We would be calling around for a vet or looking for another QB ASAP, since lock is on IR still. If they like Allen fine so be it....but I'm much more confident that Allen has some of the needed tools to be competent then rypien ever will....However Lock is the first rd. talent for a reason and they f'ed up putting him on IR....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

It's actually the worst thing. Because if you don't buy into it everyone gets butt hurt. Then they make threads with specious and obtuse arguments. Then people who want to be optimistic give them clout for it. Then everyone shits on you. Then you're labeled with being a negative bad fan. Then after periods of time people realize you were right, don't want to admit it, don't want to apologize for their verbal abuse/horrible arguments, and then when you point out you were right you're called an *******.

I've gone through this twice now. The worst part of it is that you know the GM is falling for that same shit, too.

If Rypien turns into the TS Remix I'll probably take a break from the board so I don't ruin people's fun, and so I don't have to feel like an ******* for bumping threads where people self-styled.
    I wouldn't worry about that happening. Even if Rypien is a solid backup QB like Siemian, this team is pretty much toast at this point. They're one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL.

TS had a core of veterans who were coming off the Manning years and used to winning. He just couldn't sustain it.

This team is simply bad.

People need to stop expecting a 6th or 7th round or undrafted QB is going to turn into Tom Brady. It happens only about once every 50 years or something.

Yet suckers fall for it every time. Win a game where the QB doesn't totally suck and suddenly it's all: "Rypien actually looked good! With a little development. . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Rypien is a scrub. Guarantee if we were in playoff position and Flacco got hurt still. We would be calling around for a vet or looking for another QB ASAP, since lock is on IR still. If they like Allen fine so be it....but I'm much more confident that Allen has some of the needed tools to be competent then rypien ever will....However Lock is the first rd. talent for a reason and they f'ed up putting him on IR....
    We don't know that Lock is a "first round talent" because nobody thought enough of him to draft him in the first round.

Basically Elway saw Lock as Brock Osweiler. A backup for the next 3 years behind Joe Flacco who is "in his prime." Then Elway sails off into the sunset after Flacco miraculously wins another SB this time leaving the Broncos with their "QB of the future."

That's why they put Lock on IR. He simply wasn't any part of this season's plans.

Now everything's turned to shit Elway is stuck with it but he still doesn't want to admit his idiot plan was all wrong. Hence the hesitation of starting Lock and Elway's insane comments about leaving Lock on IR all year and instead bringing back RB Theo Riddick along with WR Tim Patrick instead of Lock.

You only do that if you think you are going to "win now." This year. Despite the beat-downs Elway thinks this team is good enough to compete now. He hasn't given up on his insane delusions.

So we hear the bleating excuse "Lock's not ready." No shit he's not ready. He'll never be ready unless they play him.

See, if they play Lock that's committing to a rebuilding program, but if it's Allen or Rypien those are just backups so they can go back to Flacco or some other veteran QB next year so Elway doesn't have to face the dreaded "rebuilding team."
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-30-2019 at 06:05 AM.

The fans, knowing that Flacco is Joe Average and would never cut it in a division with Pat Mahomes kept wanting to know when Lock would start. And in Elway's mind it was never about Lock at all.

In his mind Lock would be ready for 2022. After Elway's contract expires and he leaves.

That's why the Broncos keep not meeting the fan's expectations "where's Lock? When do we get to see what they have in Lock? What about drafting a QB in the top 5 next year?"

That would be "rebuilding" and Elway doesn't do "rebuilding."

So, the only way we get to see Lock at all is the team is eliminated and/or Flacco is injured (falls out with management). And even then Elway would much rather start Allen or Rypien.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information