Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 9 months 2 days until the broncos play again

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So this turned into a fun discussion...

Can we keep measuring our fan cards for another nearly 9 months?
    You know what I've been doing? Watching old episodes of "Inside the NFL" from 1973, watching highlights of Charley Johnson and Floyd Little tearing up the league in Denver's first winning season. It came down to a final week showdown with Oakland, which we lost 21-17. We finished 7-5-2 that year, which was kind of a shock and kind of a big deal, as it began the franchise turnaround. Riley Odoms, Haven Moses -freakin' good football players.

Thats what I've been doing. Next up, I'll dig up 1977 highlights. Screw 2017, and screw the draft.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    You know what I've been doing? Watching old episodes of "Inside the NFL" from 1973, watching highlights of Charley Johnson and Floyd Little tearing up the league in Denver's first winning season. It came down to a final week showdown with Oakland, which we lost 21-17. We finished 7-5-2 that year, which was kind of a shock and kind of a big deal, as it began the franchise turnaround. Riley Odoms, Haven Moses -freakin' good football players.

Thats what I've been doing. Next up, I'll dig up 1977 highlights. Screw 2017, and screw the draft.
    I don't have time for all that I may go back and re-watch the 2015 Superbowl on NFL2Go, but beyond that...Footballs over, I'm on to video games and school...lots and lots and lots of school.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't have time for all that I may go back and re-watch the 2015 Superbowl on NFL2Go, but beyond that...Footballs over, I'm on to video games and school...lots and lots and lots of school.
    I'm cheating - I scroll through each show to find the five or so minute segment on the Broncos game. I could give two craps about the Steel Curtain or what have you. Its also nostalgic for me, as back in those days that show was almost the only way to keep track of your team if you didn't live in their market.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just tried to put a positve spin on an awful season. But mofos here are like the fun police, have to troll everything, just because yehy can so so. Just to do it. Well, ill just call the fails what they are. Fails.
    Last edited by GEM; 01-10-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Personal attack
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Countering your arguments and comments isn't trolling. If it were, we'd be modding every thread.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I just tried to put a positve spin on an awful season. But mofos here are like the fun police, have to troll everything, just because yehy can so so. Just to do it.
    stop playing the victim card, snowflake. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I just tried to put a positve spin on an awful season. But mofos here are like the fun police, have to troll everything, just because yehy can so so. Just to do it. Well, ill just call the fails what they are. Fails.
    I mean...I didn't see much trolling in here, but it does't help matters when you start trying to discredit someone's experience of an event based on age... That rarely wins you any popularity contests, but really man...It's a discussion, no one is saying anything that's trolling, people just don't agree with you. Such is life, if we all agreed on everything it would be boring as hell.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    Here's that game in case anyone wants to relive the... uh...

yeah.Hereitis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgn-C6QLtuI

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    Here's that game in case anyone wants to relive the... uh...

yeah.Hereitis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgn-C6QLtuI
    I'd rather eat a bucket of broken light bulbs than have to sit through a minute of that game.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

I'd rather eat a bucket of broken light bulbs than have to sit through a minute of that game.
    Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhpk-8QLFQ

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was 27 back in '96, and worked as a commercial electrician. My foreman at the time was a big time Raiders fan who I had given grief to all season long, including buying him a 2 litter bottle of Orange Crush soda with "Go Broncos" written on it for a Christmas present. The day after that lose, he was waiting to pounce on me the instant I showed up to work.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Shazam is just a sad little snowflake. Don't hurt his fee-fees.

Name:  Sad Snowflake.png
Views: 149
Size:  16.8 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Shazam is just a sad little snowflake. Don't hurt his fee-fees.

Name:  Sad Snowflake.png
Views: 149
Size:  16.8 KB
    You have to experience enough playoff defeats to welcome that.

I MEANT, but since you have to be ultra specific, which may be my bad, but I don't think so, id rather have like a 7-9 8-8 year and a higher pick than go to the Playoffs and not just lose, but CHOKE and embarrass yourselves!

The playoffs year after year are taken for granted, I don't want to keep seeing the Broncos play competitive ball and get laughed at. Its one thing.to lose in the regular season, but a culture of embarrassing playoff losses isn't good either.

See, Chiefs?

I don't want to experience that on a regular basis! Anyone who does, hasn't seen enough of those kinds of defeats to welcome it. That's ludicrous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Shazam, I think it's time to just take your L in this thread and move on.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Shazam, I think it's time to just take your L in this thread and move on.
    Whatever, I sleep like a baby.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information