Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

The experts talking this class up like it compares to 83 or something. It will set a record. # of bust qb's picked in the 1st round of 1 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The experts talking this class up like it compares to 83 or something. It will set a record. # of bust qb's picked in the 1st round of 1 draft.
    the 83 class had several QB busts. Last year heading into the draft they were hyping up this draft class. Now that the class is here, the new thing seems to be that this draft class of QB isn't any good, and they're hyping up next year's class. Don't believe the new anti-hype; this draft has plenty of great talents at QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    the 83 class had several QB busts. Last year heading into the draft they were hyping up this draft class. Now that the class is here, the new thing seems to be that this draft class of QB isn't any good, and they're hyping up next year's class. Don't believe the new anti-hype; this draft has plenty of great talents at QB.
    Next years has 1 top prospect. 1. After that there is a huge dropoff.

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Next years has 1 top prospect. 1. After that there is a huge dropoff.
    And this class has about four to five legitimate first round picks. That's all I'm saying. I just want a legitimate QB that we develop. I don't want a QB that we sit on the bench so we can play make believe about the roster and our contention chances.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

And this class has about four to five legitimate first round picks. That's all I'm saying. I just want a legitimate QB that we develop. I don't want a QB that we sit on the bench so we can play make believe about the roster and our contention chances.

1st round picks...doesn't mean they'll amount to much. I just have no confidence in them. The sad thing is the worst of them is probably better than either of our youngsters. Would any of them beat out Keenum? Who knows. I don't think so. I also don't trust this coaching staff to be able to coach up a young qb.

1st round picks...doesn't mean they'll amount to much. I just have no confidence in them. The sad thing is the worst of them is probably better than either of our youngsters. Would any of them beat out Keenum? Who knows. I don't think so. I also don't trust this coaching staff to be able to coach up a young qb.
    They're going to have one season of bad coaching before VJ is fired. If they're a viable first round pick, they should take them. CK has been treated by the league as a backup by everyone, everywhere he's gone to, except us. And we can't even fully state that we like him because he got a two year deal from us. We are, thankfully, not married to him.

Adopted Bronco:

Legitimate? I think a very valid argument could be made that maybe 2 at most are legitimate 1st round picks. But in QB starved NFL...things change. Same thing will happen next year. There are 5 or 6 good QB's that will be coming in and some of them will be put on a pedestal they don't belong on.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Legitimate? I think a very valid argument could be made that maybe 2 at most are legitimate 1st round picks. But in QB starved NFL...things change. Same thing will happen next year. There are 5 or 6 good QB's that will be coming in and some of them will be put on a pedestal they don't belong on.
    I respectfully think then that argument's really, really bad. Darnold is viewed as a great prospect. Rosen's 'attitude' issues are the only reason he's not touted as the obvious first round pick. Allen's physical talent alone demands that he's a first round pick. And, as much as I don't like him, Mayfield's big issue is more along the lines of height than anything else. They're not perfect prospects. They're not Elway or Luck. But they're not scrubadubs, either.

This time last year I started hearing how great this QB class was. Now they're here and suddenly the new trend (not saying you) is to say that they're not that good all of a sudden? Eh.

I respectfully think then that argument's really, really bad. Darnold is viewed as a great prospect. Rosen's 'attitude' issues are the only reason he's not touted as the obvious first round pick. Allen's physical talent alone demands that he's a first round pick. And, as much as I don't like him, Mayfield's big issue is more along the lines of height than anything else. They're not perfect prospects. They're not Elway or Luck. But they're not scrubadubs, either.

This time last year I started hearing how great this QB class was. Now they're here and suddenly the new trend (not saying you) is to say that they're not that good all of a sudden? Eh.
    Darnold- Young and raw, needs coaching...is he going to get that from the likes of Cleveland or the Jets? The first year in the league is where you learn how to be an NFL player, he may be ****** before stepping in the doors of who picks him
    Rosen- Attitude is pretty big thing and when the biggest question is do you love the sport they will be paying you millions to play is the question, that is a HUGE question mark
    Allen- So freaking raw, you're probably looking at Lynch type project. 2-3 years
    Mayfield- 5'11 and some huge issues. Running from cops with handcuffs on. He's a self entitle douche.

Adopted Bronco:

Just shows you how players can get over-hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Just shows you how players can get over-hyped.
    If we take Mayfield, what's the Coach's reaction?

Darnold- Young and raw, needs coaching...is he going to get that from the likes of Cleveland or the Jets? The first year in the league is where you learn how to be an NFL player, he may be ****** before stepping in the doors of who picks him
    Rosen- Attitude is pretty big thing and when the biggest question is do you love the sport they will be paying you millions to play is the question, that is a HUGE question mark
    Allen- So freaking raw, you're probably looking at Lynch type project. 2-3 years
    Mayfield- 5'11 and some huge issues. Running from cops with handcuffs on. He's a self entitle douche.
    Darnold is going to learn to play QB at some point in time. You have to learn sometime, and he either has it or he doesn't. Plenty of QB's have rough rookie seasons, and the guy is a legitimate talent and I think he's got enough grit. I'd love to have him as a Bronco - I don't think he will be there.

Rosen - his attitude issues are the most overblown thing is this draft. I won't rehash all of that - he's the pure QB prospect, he's pro ready, and he's a brilliant QB. Considering those traits make him the anti-Lynch. The question about his love of the game is conjecture - he doesn't have to play football. Which means that he's not someone whose in the league to make money. He's here to play football. He rubs a large portion of the NFL demographic the wrong way. The better question is why.

Allen - he's so freaking raw and he's so freaking talented. If we drafted him, benching him while CK being out there finally makes some sense.

Mayfield - height's overrated, the rest of the talent is there, and he was a drunken man baby. I don't doubt his veracity. I probably want him the least. But at this point, it would nice to have a reason to be optimistic about the long term state of the franchise. And, to be honest, there's enough there with BM.

Go get it.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I’m gonna slay the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. I’m gonna slay the dragon.
    I am a fountain of positiveness.

Darnold is going to learn to play QB at some point in time. You have to learn sometime, and he either has it or he doesn't. Plenty of QB's have rough rookie seasons, and the guy is a legitimate talent and I think he's got enough grit. I'd love to have him as a Bronco - I don't think he will be there.

Rosen - his attitude issues are the most overblown thing is this draft. I won't rehash all of that - he's the pure QB prospect, he's pro ready, and he's a brilliant QB. Considering those traits make him the anti-Lynch. The question about his love of the game is conjecture - he doesn't have to play football. Which means that he's not someone whose in the league to make money. He's here to play football. He rubs a large portion of the NFL demographic the wrong way. The better question is why.

Allen - he's so freaking raw and he's so freaking talented. If we drafted him, benching him while CK being out there finally makes some sense.

Mayfield - height's overrated, the rest of the talent is there, and he was a drunken man baby. I don't doubt his veracity. I probably want him the least. But at this point, it would nice to have a reason to be optimistic about the long term state of the franchise. And, to be honest, there's enough there with BM.
    You can play the part of glass half full. That bitch is empty!

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information