Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL draft to go on in April; Roger Goodell memo warns against public comment

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL draft to go on in April; Roger Goodell memo warns against public comment

The NFL draft will go on as scheduled April 23-25, commissioner Roger Goodell said in a leaguewide memo distributed Thursday.

In his memo, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, Goodell served warning to those around the league who criticize the league's stance.

He wrote in the memo, "public discussion of issues relating to the Draft serves no useful purpose and is grounds for disciplinary action."
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...dell-memo-says

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

They can do the draft remotely. It's the freaking NFL they have more money and tech than God, they can figure out a way to hold the draft and not have any groups of 10 or more people. Conference calls, Skype all that shit works.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    They can do the draft remotely. It's the freaking NFL they have more money and tech than God, they can figure out a way to hold the draft and not have any groups of 10 or more people. Conference calls, Skype all that shit works.
    SHHH - From article - "He wrote in the memo, "public discussion of issues relating to the Draft serves no useful purpose and is grounds for disciplinary action."

:

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following 11 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    SHHH - From article - "He wrote in the memo, "public discussion of issues relating to the Draft serves no useful purpose and is grounds for disciplinary action."

:
    Kind of iron-fisted, huh? The guy might have a touch of the control freak in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Kind of iron-fisted, huh? The guy might have a touch of the control freak in him.
    Not really. Stating clearly that it needs to not be talked about and enforcing it isn't iron fisted at all.

rules, just follow em

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree with you, but GMs aren’t worried about that part. They’re worried about having no in-person contact with prospects for two months before the draft. This is when personal workouts are happening and such, and they’ve ordered those to cease for the time being.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I agree with you, but GMs aren’t worried about that part. They’re worried about having no in-person contact with prospects for two months before the draft. This is when personal workouts are happening and such, and they’ve ordered those to cease for the time being.
    Gotcha. Guess they'll have to evaluate by watching tape of them actually playing the game of football. As far as interviews, Skype that shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Gotcha. Guess they'll have to evaluate by watching tape of them actually playing the game of football. As far as interviews, Skype that shit.
    Yeah. And I think they’ll be fine. I’d almost rather my scouts spend more time watching how they play, how they interact on film, asking how college coaches how they respond to scheme, etc., instead of the personal workouts. But teams love them some personal workouts and combines.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah. And I think they’ll be fine. I’d almost rather my scouts spend more time watching how they play, how they interact on film, asking how college coaches how they respond to scheme, etc., instead of the personal workouts. But teams love them some personal workouts and combines.
    The one thing that will be tough is with players like Tua coming off injuries. Not being able to examine those players will make some of those picks a bit riskier.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The one thing that will be tough is with players like Tua coming off injuries. Not being able to examine those players will make some of those picks a bit riskier.
    Not even having pro days may be the hardest part. I don’t think any of those happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not even having pro days may be the hardest part. I don’t think any of those happened.
    I think we'll see a lot more hidden gems fall through the cracks this year. Could be a lot of value in later picks/UDFAs. Especially with guys who maybe have injury concerns and are now healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think we'll see a lot more hidden gems fall through the cracks this year. Could be a lot of value in later picks/UDFAs. Especially with guys who maybe have injury concerns and are now healthy.
    You know, I actually might anticipate less gems fall through the cracks. Too often GMs and coaches fall in love with players on the trail, too focused on personality and less on tape. I think this year's draft is going to be more about game film, and less about the job interview portion. Whether or not that will be a good thing for team dynamics remains to be seen, but I expect productive players to immediately go up in value compared to "character guys" this go around.

The NFL is absolutely right to tell its employees to "shut up" because it already passed the point of no return when it held free agency on time. The NFLPA is asking Goodell to be the bad guy here, and he's doing it. Delaying the draft serves no purpose because the economic and travel climate is only going to get worse, not better. The sooner the draftees can sort out their living situations in their new cities, the better for having any semblance of team activities. With states like Texas already passing mandatory quarantines for people who have been to X region of the country, I wouldn't be shocked if the entire nation went to some sort of feudalistic travel restrictions until there is a vaccine. How will sports leagues operate? It remains to be seen.
    Last edited by UnderArmour; 03-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

https://walterfootball.com/proday.php

before shit hit the fan
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The medical is the biggest concern. You drafting Tua if your team can't evaluate his hip?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    The medical is the biggest concern. You drafting Tua if your team can't evaluate his hip?
    Someone like tua has enough upside that someone will still probably roll the dice early. But if you look at a mid round talent with injury concerns, guys like that could really slip into the later rounds or undrafted.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information