Poll: Who is our GOAT defensive player?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the greatest Broncos defensive player of all time?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If some of our elder statesmen in here would like to come tell us stories of Meck and Grad I'm all ears.

Joe? Dread? Where are you guys?
    Same with Gradishar -

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...broncos-career

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

The only reason that Gradishar doesn't lead all the stat boards is because they didn't keep track of tackles officially during his career. When they went back over the film, they found that he averaged over 200 tackles/season. And oh by the way, 4 of those were those were 14 game seasons. Ray Lewis had 1568 tackles in 17 years. That's the highest recorded total in the history of the NFL. Gradishar had over 2000 tackles in 10 seasons. Those weren't Nate Webster/Todd Davis numbers either (8 yards past the LOS).

In January 2008, he was voted by a panel of former NFL players and coaches to Pro Football Weekly 's All-Time 3-4 defensive team. In 1981, SPORT magazine named Gradishar one of the Top 5 hardest He was named Defensive Player of the Year in 1978. He was a 7 time pro bowler when pro bowls meant something. He was twice named first team all-pro.

Gradishar is still the greatest defensive player I've ever seen in a Broncos uniform. His film was the definition of "always around the ball." It's a crime that he's not in the Hall of Fame.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Anybody who didn’t vote for Gradishar is likely too young to have seen him play.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Both Gradishar and Meck should be in the HOF. Zero question.

But, if I had to only choose one, it'd be Gradishar. Dude was the best LB during his playing days, hands down.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Anybody who didn’t vote for Gradishar is likely too young to have seen him play.
    I was 10 yrs old when he retired, so I don’t remember. You’re not much older than me, are you spiker?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I was 10 yrs old when he retired, so I don’t remember. You’re not much older than me, are you spiker?
    About 5 or 6 years I would guess.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    About 5 or 6 years I would guess.
    You’re old.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You’re old.
    I’m experienced.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

As much as i love all of them and as much as i love the Assassin the flat out best defensive player i have ever seen which also coincides with the best SB performance i have ever seen is Von Miller. On the biggest stage ever he showed why he is the current franchise and absolutely destroyed the Panthers offense.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Oh....this is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    As much as i love all of them and as much as i love the Assassin the flat out best defensive player i have ever seen which also coincides with the best SB performance i have ever seen is Von Miller. On the biggest stage ever he showed why he is the current franchise and absolutely destroyed the Panthers offense.
    You are right about Von Miller that year, and that SB. He was a one man wrecking crew. But, Champ is my favorite out of the ones mentioned. Probably because I played the position, and really appreciate his talent. I wish I was an ounce as good as Bailey was.

As far as Gradishar, I would have to watch highlights. I do appreciate Meck, though.

21. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Champ was great and his INT in the playoff game against Brady was legendary. Just too bad we couldnt finish that year off with a Championship. But Von took that 2015 season to the bank and closed the deal even when i had my doubts.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Champ was great and his INT in the playoff game against Brady was legendary. Just too bad we couldnt finish that year off with a Championship. But Von took that 2015 season to the bank and closed the deal even when i had my doubts.
    You are not wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yep. Definitely wish I could of seen him play live (I may of, but I don't remember). I was one yrs old when he was drafted, and 10 when he retired. During that time, all I remember is my Dad watching the Oilers, and Earl Campbell. Next time I talk to my Dad, I'll ask what he thought of Gradishar because I know the Oilers played the Broncos quite often during that time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    wow. I didn't realize it was like that.

I know Von is LT level good and by will delivered a championship at a position that impacts every single play--but that level of play by Champ might be the best single season effort on defense by anyone to wear an NFL jersey.
    He was quite simply amazing...2006...the shame of it is that Jason Taylor won Defensive Player of the Year with 14 sacks. Champ finished second.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information