Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch Releases

Any of you that are more like me, casual gamers, a few nice games were just released.

Monopoly, Uno and Farming Simulator. I had to buy all 3 of course...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Any of you that are more like me, casual gamers, a few nice games were just released.

Monopoly, Uno and Farming Simulator. I had to buy all 3 of course...
    Wow! You are officially a fanboy!

Seriously though this thing is a godsend for older gamers like me. I've finished more games on this thing due to it's portability (and my long bus rides) and it is finally starting to get good support for 3rd party developers. For the first time in probably 10 years I have a backlog of games with more on the horizon. The indie games on the system have some real gems as well, so I finally caved and got a 156GB memory card on Amazon so I can download them.

Also with DOOM coming out, this is a pretty good video that shows you a graphics comparison between the PS4 and Switch. Pretty impressive for what amounts to a handheld system:

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Also just saw some footage of Skyrim in handheld mode:

I am going to buy Skyrim when it comes out and am considering Sonic Forces.

After that, I am going to start being more picky, I would love it if some Donkey Kong Country variation was released. And some of the classic Mario World variations.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I am going to buy Skyrim when it comes out and am considering Sonic Forces.

After that, I am going to start being more picky, I would love it if some Donkey Kong Country variation was released. And some of the classic Mario World variations.
    The EShop is kind of thin right now with classic games, but that will pick up around the holidays I'm sure. I would love some 2d Mario games. Super Mario All Stars would be fantastic.

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Also just saw some footage of Skyrim in handheld mode:

Damn. I forgot how much I love that game. Haven't played it in a long time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Damn. I forgot how much I love that game. Haven't played it in a long time.
    Yeah I put almost 100 hours into it then remembered I should do the main quest... this is the new remastered edition, too.

I was always been interested in it but never bought it. I just have had very little interest in ever buying games for my Xbox One.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I was always been interested in it but never bought it. I just have had very little interest in ever buying games for my Xbox One.
    I have bootcamp installed on my Mac to run Windows 10 and play PC games when I get an itch for some good AAA titles. The Xbox One and PS4 are cool but I'm afraid it would just be a fancy Bluray player for me.

That's all it is for me, but to be fair that is really the only reason I bought it.

I bought it for blue ray player, Netflix, amazon, hulu, occasional games, and I also kind of bought into the original design thought of the voice and hand controls. The voice and hand controls are a flop.

The switch on the other hand, I actually WANT to play games on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

That's all it is for me, but to be fair that is really the only reason I bought it.

I bought it for blue ray player, Netflix, amazon, hulu, occasional games, and I also kind of bought into the original design thought of the voice and hand controls. The voice and hand controls are a flop.

The switch on the other hand, I actually WANT to play games on.
    Agreed. Which is also why I am kinda happy that for now Nintendo is keeping the focus on the games. I know you and others want it to be a media player eventually, and it probably will, but for now I am glad they are focused on making the games fun to play and the hardware simple. I have so many options for media I like having a game only machine that is also portable.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I've played about 30 minutes of Skyrim. It's a good game, they say.

I'll probably jump in someday.

Last great RPG I've played was Divinity: Original Sin. Guess there is a 2.0 for that game now.

Anyway, you guys have me interested in the Switch. How much are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

$299 for the base model, which is the tablet, console dock, and 2 Joy-Con controllers.

Best games range $40-$60.

You will NEED a SD card, get a big one if you want several games, unless you plan to just do cartridges.

You might think about the pro controller which runs around $70.

You should get tempered glass screen protector as the screen on the switch is not glass and can scratch easily. These run around $8 on amazon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

$299 for the base model, which is the tablet, console dock, and 2 Joy-Con controllers.

Best games range $40-$60.

You will NEED a SD card, get a big one if you want several games, unless you plan to just do cartridges.

You might think about the pro controller which runs around $70.

You should get tempered glass screen protector as the screen on the switch is not glass and can scratch easily. These run around $8 on amazon.
    Hm...might wait a bit. But sounds cool as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Kind of funny...

I was thinking maybe you would find it cheaper over Black Friday.

I noticed Walmart already had their ad for Black Friday, and neat, the Switch is in the ad! For the same exact price as it normally is...yay?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information