Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Ejiro Evero Rumored to be Broncos' 'Potential' HC Candidate

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Evero with Frank Reich as OC, you say? Cool, done!
    I’m not in for another learning curve at HC. Quinn had success as a HC, 3 seasons in the playoffs and a loss in the SB, and had some failure and adversity as well. Hopefully that taught him some lessons and he’s ready for another shot. Let the rookie head coaches learn with a rookie QB, we need someone with credibility to lead Russ rather than be his buddy.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I’m not in for another learning curve at HC. Quinn had success as a HC, 3 seasons in the playoffs and a loss in the SB, and had some failure and adversity as well. Hopefully that taught him some lessons and he’s ready for another shot. Let the rookie head coaches learn with a rookie QB, we need someone with credibility to lead Russ rather than be his buddy.
    Yep, This^

Need experience at HC the trial by fire we have been doing has failed miserably.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This is where I am as well. Quinn certainly isn't a "sexy" hire, but he had success in his first stint as a HC and we know he won't be overwhelmed by the job. And he has a familiarity with Russ. We don't have time for another first time HC to learn on the job.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Because hiring someone with one year of coordinating experience worked so well last time!
    The Raiders hired an experienced former HC with a decade's experience as a coordinator, how's that working out?

I’m not in for another learning curve at HC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We don't have time for another first time HC to learn on the job.
    Why, because our Super Bowl window is open right now? Look at Quinn's Atlanta tenure-- their only real success came because of Kyle Shanahan, DQ's other two OC hires were freakin' Steve Sarkisian and Dirk Koetter. Last year, during the hiring process, Woody even floated a trial balloon naming Quinn's potential staff. I can't remember who the name was for OC, but it was another stodgy old retread. Think Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Bill O'Brien. You guys think one of those dopes can get the most out of Russ? I don't. May as well bring back Shurmur, he's got lots of experience.

Seriously, what kind of person lets past mistakes define them for the rest of their life? We failed with VJ and Hackett because they're morons, not because they were first time HCs. I will never understand how Donkeys fans can look at what's happening in Philly, Minnesota, Miami, NYG, and not want some of that. It's like "I asked out the pretty girl and she said no-- guess I better go for an ugly one next time." Denver has failed with Tommy Maddox, Tim Tebow, Paxton Lynch and Drew Lock. Does that mean they should never spend a high draft pick on a QB again, and should be relegated to journeyman scrubs and over the hill vets for all eternity? No. You get up, dust yourself off, and do better next time. How many QB busts have the Bengals drafted? Doesn't matter, they dancin' now. Evero is freakin' smart. My level of confidence that he could figure out clock management is very high. It isn't gawd damn rocket surgery.

Look at the teams favored to make the Super Bowl. Andy Reid is the only retread HC in the group. If we can get Payton, who's the closest thing to an Andy equivalent, then I'm all in. And I'd take Frank Reich in a heartbeat. If it's not one of those two (or maybe Harbaugh), then count me out on experienced guys who are proven to be thoroughly mediocre. I'd rather fail spectacularly yet again with a bright young guy than hire some John Fox or Jeff Fisher type just because they're the safe move. JMO.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Get someone in here to slap Russel Wilson's hand and say "NO! You are NOT a pocket passer! Not get out there on a bootleg and use that arm to find an open receiver!"

I'm fine with Dan Quinn or any other veteran HC who wants another shot at this point. No more rolling the dice. Get a plan, stick to it, and make it work somehow. But we can't be making shit up as we go along, that literally feels like what Hackett and Russ are doing right now.

Hell, I think any of here couldn't do any worse at coaching at this point. I've never felt so superior in my football knowledge to the coach as when I've been watching the games lately, I'm sure I'd be great! lol

Seriously though, find a way to make Russ work and get a better O-Line built (I'm willing to hold out judgment on this year given how stupid the whole thing is) and the rest will figure itself out. This hybrid shit is stupid and just leads to a historically bad offense. If not, start drafting QBs or whatever after next season and move on when the hit isn't too bad. That starts with a Head Coach that actually shows accountability to his players and this team though, and Hackett aint that guy.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    The Raiders hired an experienced former HC with a decade's experience as a coordinator, how's that working out?

Why, because our Super Bowl window is open right now? Look at Quinn's Atlanta tenure-- their only real success came because of Kyle Shanahan, DQ's other two OC hires were freakin' Steve Sarkisian and Dirk Koetter. Last year, during the hiring process, Woody even floated a trial balloon naming Quinn's potential staff. I can't remember who the name was for OC, but it was another stodgy old retread. Think Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Bill O'Brien. You guys think one of those dopes can get the most out of Russ? I don't. May as well bring back Shurmur, he's got lots of experience.

Seriously, what kind of person lets past mistakes define them for the rest of their life? We failed with VJ and Hackett because they're morons, not because they were first time HCs. I will never understand how Donkeys fans can look at what's happening in Philly, Minnesota, Miami, NYG, and not want some of that. It's like "I asked out the pretty girl and she said no-- guess I better go for an ugly one next time." Denver has failed with Tommy Maddox, Tim Tebow, Paxton Lynch and Drew Lock. Does that mean they should never spend a high draft pick on a QB again, and should be relegated to journeyman scrubs and over the hill vets for all eternity? No. You get up, dust yourself off, and do better next time. How many QB busts have the Bengals drafted? Doesn't matter, they dancin' now. Evero is freakin' smart. My level of confidence that he could figure out clock management is very high. It isn't gawd damn rocket surgery.

Look at the teams favored to make the Super Bowl. Andy Reid is the only retread HC in the group. If we can get Payton, who's the closest thing to an Andy equivalent, then I'm all in. And I'd take Frank Reich in a heartbeat. If it's not one of those two (or maybe Harbaugh), then count me out on experienced guys who are proven to be thoroughly mediocre. I'd rather fail spectacularly yet again with a bright young guy than hire some John Fox or Jeff Fisher type just because they're the safe move. JMO.
    This take has some fire on it's balls! I like it. But I also like not feeling depressed and not even wanting to watch my team play. Give me them safe barely a few games above .500 teams again that get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs!

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Get someone in here to slap Russel Wilson's hand and say "NO! You are NOT a pocket passer! Not get out there on a bootleg and use that arm to find an open receiver!"
    This is what is so perplexing. When Wilson cuts it loose you can see that the arm is still very strong and when he runs, he’s still capable of doing damage. He just doesn’t seem to be willing to do either one.
    Last edited by spikerman; 11-29-2022 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Typo
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    It's probably going to be Quinn and hopefully Frank Reich as OC.
    At this point, I would take that in a heart beat. We need to face the fact that this team is a laughing stock, and we need experience and stability. We are terrible in picking the young, or old, coordinator savant, so screw that and get somebody that can at least steady the ship.

16. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

People are mentioning Frank Riech as OC a lot. How do we know he will be a candidate for OC and not HC? I always thought he was a pretty good coach that had a mediocre QB. Phyllis Rivers may have been his best QB in his tenure, and he played better ball for the colts in that one year than he did the chargers in years. He led them to the playoffs.

Reich was the scapegoat for Matt Ryan. Ryan may be the 2nd worst starting QB right now. The dude is washed, and after beating the faders a few weeks ago with Jeff Saturday as HC, the colts have lost two in a row. I refuse to believe that Frank Reich was the problem over there. I believe he will interview for a HC gig somewhere, maybe even the Broncos. But if he doesn’t get a HC job somewhere, then hell yeah, sign him up for OC. I’m all for it.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 11-30-2022 at 01:20 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yep, This^

Need experience at HC the trial by fire we have been doing has failed miserably.
    Time for a John Fox

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    This is what is so perplexing. When Wilson cuts it loose you can see that the arm is still very strong and when he runs, he’s still capable of doing damage. He just doesn’t seem to be willing to do either one.
    Its called being lazy......We also have shitty route concepts and lack any diversity in our offensive scheme. We have failed all year in 3 wide or more, and Mr. try everything Hackett had us do something different then 3 wide on 12% of our snaps last week. We have zero ability to block or perform in that formation and haven't all year yet we continue to game plan that way week in and out.

21. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Its called being lazy......We also have shitty route concepts and lack any diversity in our offensive scheme. We have failed all year in 3 wide or more, and Mr. try everything Hackett had us do something different then 3 wide on 12% of our snaps last week. We have zero ability to block or perform in that formation and haven't all year yet we continue to game plan that way week in and out.
    We have no real threat at WR, and are below mediocre at TE. Dulcich might be able to move the needle there but that is about it. That is why it is so crazy that we have stuck with that gameplan. It's literally where we are the worst.

I also haven't seen any changes to our route concepts all year. It's frustrating to watch a team like the Panthers with an interim coach and their 3rd QB of the season running clever plays that are designed to work and we have no clue how to do that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The announcers made a point of it all day against Carolina none of our Options know what to do if Russ is flushed from the pocket. They literally stop running on one play Dulcich watched as Russ was under duress he didn't move, he just watched. Our shit passing concepts and offensive crap is more than just a Russ problem.

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

The announcers made a point of it all day against Carolina none of our Options know what to do if Russ is flushed from the pocket. They literally stop running on one play Dulcich watched as Russ was under duress he didn't move, he just watched. Our shit passing concepts and offensive crap is more than just a Russ problem.
    Which is why I think you have to bring in an experienced guy to get throught to these knuckleheads. I've never seen a WR set that can't get open more frequently than ours when the QB scrambles and coverage should break down. Except our guys run to a spot and stop. I've never seen anything like it. Literally the one guy who would move to a spot in that situation was Melvin Gordon....let that sink in...

I personally think the biggest problem on the team is the WR group.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Evero has a cool name.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information