Mister Cobble

Default Broncos trade for AJ Bouye

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Wow! I know we were looking at corners but I didn’t expect this

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

solid! he's not chris, but he's a good player, and younger. . . and a 4th isn't overpaying-- giving it up is better than paying byron jones like he's jalen ramsey. . . or giving up a 2nd or more for darius slay. .

we can now scratch one of our biggest needs off the board prior to FA. . . this is a win. . . O-line and D-line are now the only true imperatives. . . if they want to add another WR, RB, or LB before the draft, they can, but the pressure at those spots isn't so immediate. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-03-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We flipped the 4th we got for Sanders from SF. So that's the 31st pick that round.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

So they gave up a 4th to pay full market price for 2 years on a CB who just had a pair of fairly average years? Just capping it at a 2-year investment makes some sense - I still expect them to be on a CB early in the draft, but this way that player doesn't have to be aces immediately.

But still - Bouye struggled to replace Ramsey as their #1. Better find some extra weapons for the No Fly Zone in the draft, or that's a lot of counting on the pass rush regardless of whether Simmons returns.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

I love it!
    I was hoping we would go after him if they cut him. But for a 4th? Thats freaking awesome!! We are not going to find a CB as good as him in the 4th. I love this. I still want 2 CBs from FA. So now we just need to spend for another one. BUt I love this move. Well done Elway! I salute the!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I love it!
    I was hoping we would go after him if they cut him. But for a 4th? Thats freaking awesome!! We are not going to find a CB as good as him in the 4th. I love this. I still want 2 CBs from FA. So now we just need to spend for another one. BUt I love this move. Well done Elway! I salute the!
    Agreed, not likely to find a plug-and-play CB in the 4th as good as Bouye. It just chews up a chunk of Denver's available FA money. Since they've said they'll Franchise Simmons if they can't come to a deal agreement they are shoring up the defensive backfield with a large percentage of their funds.

Some things have to be done though.
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    So they gave up a 4th to pay full market price for 2 years on a CB who just had a pair of fairly average years? Just capping it at a 2-year investment makes some sense - I still expect them to be on a CB early in the draft, but this way that player doesn't have to be aces immediately.

But still - Bouye struggled to replace Ramsey as their #1. Better find some extra weapons for the No Fly Zone in the draft, or that's a lot of counting on the pass rush regardless of whether Simmons returns.
    i sure as hell would hope that denver isn't expecting him to be ramsey. . . either way, it beats the hell out of starting yiadom. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Probably a commentary on the scarcity at the position as much as anything. Elway offered CHJ 3 years and $36 million -- so $12 million/year -- CHJ wants something more in the $14-15/yr ballpark and it looks like there is a pretty big market for that.

Bouye will earn $13mil/yr and is younger - so Elway is hoping to get some value here by keeping him on his current deal... The Jaguars were going to release him -- but who knows if he would have been able to get CHJ/Marcus Peters money if he hit the market. I kind of doubt it -- but Elway decided he didn't want to chance it.

That said, part of me wonders if we're getting too cute and should just pay the extra couple mil for CHJ. Nevertheless, it looks like that decision has been made.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    solid! he's not chris, but he's a good player, and younger. . . and a 4th isn't overpaying-- giving it up is better than paying byron jones like he's jalen ramsey. . . or giving up a 2nd or more for darius slay. .

we can now scratch one of our biggest needs off the board prior to FA. . . this is a win. . . O-line and D-line are now the only true imperatives. . . if they want to add another WR, RB, or LB before the draft, they can, but the pressure at those spots isn't so immediate. . .
    You know how I feel about spending money on RBs, so anyone they get better be cheap. With John's ability to blow money on wasted OL free agents maybe it's better just to spend it on the defensive side of the ball.
    -- James Dean

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i sure as hell would hope that denver isn't expecting him to be ramsey. . . either way, it beats the hell out of starting yiadom. . .
    A paper bag with a on it has more of a chance as a starting corner than Yiadom does, it's true.
    -- James Dean

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

That's a win from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It makes sense, the vibe all along has been to spend FA money on Defense and draft Offense.....he is a solid corner we got for a 4th rd pick....we only have to deal with the contract for 2 years if he isnt that great....Im fine with this move
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I was really excited about this until I went back and looked at his season last year. It was unarguably terrible. He's a number to corner. He needs an elite corner on the other side to have great numbers. Hopefully we can do something with him in this defense. And I'm sure Vic had something to say about it. But we still definitely need another cornerback.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information