Page 87 of 115 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1716

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If it costs too much to trade up for the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft (it will) and we want solid competition for Lock and/or someone that can come in and manage a game if he gets hurt (again), then I would want a veteran on the sideline that is capable of at least average play. That way it would be a seamless transition from the average play we've been getting so far.
    Why do you want an average veteran? What purpose does that serve? What purpose does competition for Lock serve if that QB isn’t the answer either?

If Lock fails the last thing you want is Garbage Minshew “winning” your way out of the lottery, it’s the brutal reality of it. You just proved my point by saying it costs too much to trade up for a real prospect.

Without a legitimate starter a veteran backup is as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

If Lock fails the Broncos NEED! TO! LOSE!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

1st string QB Drew Lock
    2nd string Justin Fields
    3rd string Josh Rosen
    4th string Dwayne Haskins
    5th string Kendall Hinton

And when one of them works out then you go get Bridgewater.

Let someone else chase their tail with the Minshew of the world.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    1st string QB Drew Lock
    2nd string Justin Fields
    3rd string Josh Rosen
    4th string Dwayne Haskins
    5th string Kendall Hinton

And when one of them works out then you go get Bridgewater.

Let someone else chase their tail with the Minshew of the world.
    Minshew is better than Bridgewater. Teddy Two-Gloves is pretty much dogshit. 15 TDs and 11 Ints in 15 games last year. Those are dogshit numbers for a 7 year vet.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

My main couple of takeaways from Paton's press conference today (to the extent there are any a week before the draft) --

His philosophy and track record in Minnesota favored trading down and acquiring more picks. He seemed to reinforce that he always prefers to try and have 10 picks instead of 7.

He said his expectation for Juwan James is that he starts at right tackle and plays well and that James has been in the building working out.

He said that they don't have to force a CB in the draft based on their FA acquisitions. Then he said they don't have to take one at all, and as I was listening it felt like he was trying to overcompensate for the fact that they want to draft a CB so he was trying to deliberately misdirect.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Well we’re definitely not out of the CB market we really only have two guy’s that are reliable

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Minshew is better than Bridgewater. Teddy Two-Gloves is pretty much dogshit. 15 TDs and 11 Ints in 15 games last year. Those are dogshit numbers for a 7 year vet.
    Yeah, they’re both dogshit. One has proved to be a winning backup QB ... the other is a ragarm clown in Daisy Dukes.

Y’all are pretty over the top with your Minshew Butthurt ... it’s disturbing.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    My main couple of takeaways from Paton's press conference today (to the extent there are any a week before the draft) --

His philosophy and track record in Minnesota favored trading down and acquiring more picks. He seemed to reinforce that he always prefers to try and have 10 picks instead of 7.

He said his expectation for Juwan James is that he starts at right tackle and plays well and that James has been in the building working out.

He said that they don't have to force a CB in the draft based on their FA acquisitions. Then he said they don't have to take one at all, and as I was listening it felt like he was trying to overcompensate for the fact that they want to draft a CB so he was trying to deliberately misdirect.
    I got a similar vibe with CB. I have alluded to a trade back for weeks as well. I think its smoke and mirrors with the QB stuff unless the guy they like falls to 9
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Why do you want an average veteran? What purpose does that serve? What purpose does competition for Lock serve if that QB isn’t the answer either?

If Lock fails the last thing you want is Garbage Minshew “winning” your way out of the lottery, it’s the brutal reality of it. You just proved my point by saying it costs too much to trade up for a real prospect.

Without a legitimate starter a veteran backup is as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

If Lock fails the Broncos NEED! TO! LOSE!
    If Lock fails, the only type of QB that is fixing our problem is the type that already has a starting job on a winning team. If you think trading prime future picks for the 4th or 5th best option in the draft is helping us, you're a fool. Show me the GM that assumes he can find better talent in a backup than he has in a starter, or mortgages the future on questionable talent and I'll show you the GM that is happy he gets an extra $300 on his unemployment check.

For the umpteenth time. NO ONE expects a guy like Minshew or Bridgewater to come in and be the savior. Their names are only mentioned as competent backup options that could possibly keep the ship afloat in the event Lock falls on his face. Nothing more...nothing less. I have no idea why that concept is so damn hard to grasp. Only thing I can figure is that you've dug yourself so deep into this ridiculous hole that there is no conceding for you. So, I guess just keep climbing that hill you want to die on.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I still contend that the 4th QB taken doesn't necessarily equate to them being the 4th best QB in the draft. If there is really that much speculation about who SF takes at 3, then the general consensus has to be that they are all very close in terms of talent and/or potential and it may just an eye of the beholder situation. Hell...some feel that Wilson will bust and shouldn't go #2. Add the fact that different teams prefer different styles and it's very possible that the 4th guy taken is actually one of the 2 best.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I still contend that the 4th QB taken doesn't necessarily equate to them being the 4th best QB in the draft. If there is really that much speculation about who SF takes at 3, then the general consensus has to be that they are all very close in terms of talent and/or potential and it may just an eye of the beholder situation. Hell...some feel that Wilson will bust and shouldn't go #2. Add the fact that different teams prefer different styles and it's very possible that the 4th guy taken is actually one of the 2 best.
    Fair enough...but if what's left isn't what you want...then move on. I think some people want to see one of them drafted just to draft one

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Fair enough...but if what's left isn't what you want...then move on. I think some people want to see one of them drafted just to draft one
    Without a doubt. It has to be YOUR guy. And if you can get YOUR guy, you have to do what you can. I think it's NFL.com that has us giving a 2021 3rd and 2022 2nd to move up to 7 for Fields. Not loving that, but gotta guy the guy you have your sights set on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Lock fails, the only type of QB that is fixing our problem is the type that already has a starting job on a winning team. If you think trading prime future picks for the 4th or 5th best option in the draft is helping us, you're a fool. Show me the GM that assumes he can find better talent in a backup than he has in a starter, or mortgages the future on questionable talent and I'll show you the GM that is happy he gets an extra $300 on his unemployment check.

For the umpteenth time. NO ONE expects a guy like Minshew or Bridgewater to come in and be the savior. Their names are only mentioned as competent backup options that could possibly keep the ship afloat in the event Lock falls on his face. Nothing more...nothing less. I have no idea why that concept is so damn hard to grasp. Only thing I can figure is that you've dug yourself so deep into this ridiculous hole that there is no conceding for you. So, I guess just keep climbing that hill you want to die on.
    I have nothing to concede, my point would the same regardless of the QB you could mention unless that backup/competition for Lock QB you mention also meets baseline NFL requirements for the position you don’t need “competent backup options that could possibly keep the ship afloat in the event Lock falls on his face.”

Keep the ship afloat for what, exactly? To float the team out of the lottery?

If Lock makes progress then that kind of player would be useful.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Garbage Minshew, Bridgewater (both, even) or a random Tim Boyle ... the point I’m making is the Same .
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

I have nothing to concede, my point would the same regardless of the QB you could mention unless that backup/competition for Lock QB you mention also meets baseline NFL requirements for the position you don’t need “competent backup options that could possibly keep the ship afloat in the event Lock falls on his face.”

Keep the ship afloat for what, exactly? To float the team out of the lottery?

If Lock makes progress then that kind of player would be useful.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Garbage Minshew, Bridgewater (both, even) or a random Tim Boyle ... the point I’m making is the Same .
    Ok...I'll play along. Which QB...either FA or possible trade or even draftable...is going to come in and immediately offer that "baseline competency" to push Lock? If not veterans that have had at least some level of success already, then who? It's not going to come from Jones, Lance or Fields right away...so who?

The whole argument about having a Bridgewater or Minshew is about having something that is at the very least competent and capable whether Lock fails or if he does well and simply gets injured...again.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok...I'll play along. Which QB...either FA or possible trade or even draftable...is going to come in and immediately offer that "baseline competency" to push Lock? If not veterans that have had at least some level of success already, then who? It's not going to come from Jones, Lance or Fields right away...so who?

The whole argument about having a Bridgewater or Minshew is about having something that is at the very least competent and capable whether Lock fails or if he does well and simply gets injured...again.
    Jaded is so lost in his own schtick I don't even think he knows what he believes anymore!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Saw an article from SI with GB trading Love to Den. idk if there is any truth to that, but this would please me greatly. I find SI to be a joke.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information