Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, which is why I was happy he was replaced with a viable starter. Not sure how much clearer I could be on this point.

But yes, speaking of fairytales, please to keep clinging to this fairytale that a guy who has played in 3 games ever, who has been cut by 2 teams that were paying him nothing, and has shown zero interest in playing football would come to the Broncos and magically be set straight and be an all pro player. You want to talk about a fairytale? That's the definition of one.
    That's what I don't even get here. The original exchange was about Isiah Wilson, and somehow Romo, Tebow, and Burfict come up? All 3 of those guys actually contributed on the field and contributed to their NFL roster and locker rooms. None of those guys were regarded as "bad teammates" by the people they played with (Romo had a few incidents here and there, but you don't last 16 years in the league without earning respect). Wilson's NFL "accomplishments" so far are having his guarantees voided, being a 1st round pick traded for a low-round pick swap, then being cut by the Dolphins after 3 days. Apples to elephants.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    It wasn't just that incident, but a pattern of behavior that's even worse then I realized before I looked for a link that mentioned the incident he was involved in when he was with the Raiders.
    Its how they played the game back then, Romo was hardly alone in the "dirty" category. Look up a guy named Dick Butkus, he makes Romo look like a toddler by comparison.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yes, let's sign a guy who will be great for the one game he plays before another season long suspension! You basically want us to be the Al Davis Raiders. At least, that's what this schtick persona of yours wants, I'm still not convinced even you really believe half the shit you're spewing in this thread.
    It would be amazing at how much potential talent Jaded would have on his team but that they would never get more than 4 wins a season because most of that talent would be suspended for reason or another.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

And...another decent thread completely derailed.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    And...another decent thread completely derailed.
    So let's get it back on the rails and make it a great thread. Still a lot going on and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I'm hoping that Jackson may do what Harris did last season. Not get what he wants in money and come back here for less, esp if he can be a part of a amazing secondary.
    Getting Stoked

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    So let's get it back on the rails and make it a great thread. Still a lot going on and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I'm hoping that Jackson may do what Harris did last season. Not get what he wants in money and come back here for less, esp if he can be a part of a amazing secondary.
    That would be nice, but I still think we'll have to focus on secondary in the draft. Fuller is a one year deal, Darby has to prove his injury history is behind him and Jackson would likely only be a one year deal. Need longer term solutions.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That would be nice, but I still think we'll have to focus on secondary in the draft. Fuller is a one year deal, Darby has to prove his injury history is behind him and Jackson would likely only be a one year deal. Need longer term solutions.
    Which is more important? CB or LB?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Which is more important? CB or LB?
    Probably LB, but...I just dont see us taking a chance on Parsons. With the amount of baggage he brings and the amount of teams that have already dropped him from their board, I think he falls pretty far. Definitely not the high character type of guy that we like to focus on.

That said, I would say safety would be a top priority they way things stand now.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Simmons, Fangio and Paton speaking to the media now - https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...justin-simmons

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

callahan's also in the last year of his deal, pushing thirty, and has a significant injury history. . . which is why i think there could still be a chance that farley or surtain is in play at #9, especially if the board plays out right. . . depending on what teams really think of parsons, i can see a scenario where the first eight picks are three-four QBs, sewell, and a handful of pass catchers (chase, pitts, waddle, smith). . . i'm definitely not ruling out QB for denver, but that's if lance or fields even make it to 9. . . but if they're gone, who else the donks gonna take? slater, who may be a guard at the next level? reach for an edge rusher, or a second tier OT like darrisaw or mayfield? i suspect that the idea of trading back is gaining traction in the building if they aren't keyed in on a QB. . . gotta get a good offer, though. . . if they don't, it's not so far-fetched to think they could take a corner as the BPA at that spot. . .

we'll see where it goes with parsons, but there are some other guys who could potentially fit nicely into fangio's scheme. . . i'm not so sure where zaven collins will fit best, but the upside is certainly there. . . i do think guys like nick bolton, jabrill cox, or cameron mcgrone could work, and they should be available a little later. . . can't forget right tackle, either-- they haven't re-signed wilkinson as of right now, and somebody's gotta play over there after cupcake james goes on IR again. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-22-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    How?
    They should’ve kept him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

UR said all that needed to be said here. Take your L on this one.
    Never!

Dude is a great talent at a position of need and there’s zero drawbacks to giving him a chance, y’all have done nothing to dispute that.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

Jackson screwed up the second he semi threw out starting quarterback under the bus, I didn’t like it and I’m sure Paton didn’t either. You can’t do that, maybe he’s learned his lesson though and comes back on a cheaper more team friendly deal because there’s no way you can pay Darby fuller, 10 million, Simmons 8 million and Kareem 10 million. Way too much cash flow tied up in the secondary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yes, let's sign a guy who will be great for the one game he plays before another season long suspension! You basically want us to be the Al Davis Raiders. At least, that's what this schtick persona of yours wants, I'm still not convinced even you really believe half the shit you're spewing in this thread.
    It’s more like the Marvin Lewis Bengals.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Yes but you don’t have to address it this season at the least. I sure as hell hope it’s not in round one atleast, the broncos need to do the right thing and either draft Parsons on defense or go ahead and get a bonafied stud at RT like slayer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information