Page 341 of 390 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5839

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Wife and i finished up "Suits" which was phenomenal. Now back to the "The Strain".
    I was a HUGE Suits fan, but with it ending and Mike and the Princess leaving the show, I wound up never watching the last season (or half season, can't remember how they did that last bit). One of these days I need to go ahead and watch those final episodes.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I was a HUGE Suits fan, but with it ending and Mike and the Princess leaving the show, I wound up never watching the last season (or half season, can't remember how they did that last bit). One of these days I need to go ahead and watch those final episodes.
    Suits really went downhill toward the end I thought. Just wasn't the same without Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Suits really went downhill toward the end I thought. Just wasn't the same without Mike.
    Agreed. That's why I just walked away before that last season/half season.

I did like the Kathryn Heigl character, but Mike is what made that show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Agreed. That's why I just walked away before that last season/half season.

I did like the Kathryn Heigl character, but Mike is what made that show.
    Yeah, what made it dramatic was how long he could get away with his secret. Once that was resolved, the new drama in the show just felt forced.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, what made it dramatic was how long he could get away with his secret. Once that was resolved, the new drama in the show just felt forced.
    Exactly. I still enjoyed it, and they kept getting themselves in hot water with how they tried doing things, but once it was no longer a secret that he, and for a while he and Harvey, were hiding, they had to work much harder to keep the plot arcs interesting.

Not sure this belongs here, but I saw this over the weekend. Clark doing five or six different accents.

Agreed. I found myself goofing around on the phone/laptop while watching it, but I thought it was enjoyable. I loved Slater's character -- the sarcasm did my heart good.

I've also started watching Big Shots (I think that's the name and I think it's on Apple TV), which is John Stamos as a hot tempered college coach that gets banned from NCAA basketball and the only job he could get was coaching an all girls prep/private school. Watched the first two episodes on Saturday and it was pretty good.
    Loved Slater in it. Usually like him in most roles. This one was quirky, reminded me of his younger days when he did roles like Heathers and Pump up the Volume. Helps that he was my top teenage crush!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Loved Slater in it. Usually like him in most roles. This one was quirky, reminded me of his younger days when he did roles like Heathers and Pump up the Volume. Helps that he was my top teenage crush!
    Well, I didn't have a teenage crush, but I was a big fan. Wife and I watched Kuffs a month or so ago. She had never seen it.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Out of the Furnace - somehow missed this when it came out in 2013. The Mare of East Town creator was on a podcast I was listening to, and he also created this movie - so I gave it a whirl. Much better than the shitty reviews give it credit for, probably a solid 7/10. Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson are reasons enough to give it a whirl.

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Out of the Furnace - somehow missed this when it came out in 2013. The Mare of East Town creator was on a podcast I was listening to, and he also created this movie - so I gave it a whirl. Much better than the shitty reviews give it credit for, probably a solid 7/10. Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson are reasons enough to give it a whirl.
    I watched that a few years ago. Don't remember much about it other than the general premise (I think Bale was seeking revenge or looking into what happens to his brother). it was something that had popped up on Vudu at a discounted price on their deals page, so I bought it and watched it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The White Lotus -- favorite show I've watched since Succession. Unbelievably good.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It was different without Mike and Rachel but ultimately the last season was great although the last episode was probably rushed a bit.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The White Lotus -- favorite show I've watched since Succession. Unbelievably good.
    I find the music/score a bit too in your face and loud (trying to create drama or something with the score), but other than that, I'm enjoying it. Even the parts that aren't Alexandra in a bikini or topless.

After the opening scene and then the first episode, you thought "it's likely ___ " in the scene looking out the airport window (since that's the first scene, I guess I'm really not avoiding a spoiler), but in each episode they expand the candidates and possibilities of who that could be.
    Last edited by Tned; 08-04-2021 at 05:30 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It was different without Mike and Rachel but ultimately the last season was great although the last episode was probably rushed a bit.
    I was bitching to my wife last weekend about all the shows we never finished because they were cancelled.

Last season of The Last Ship. Last season of Nikita. Last season of Suits.

I'm like, "give me a break, we don't watch these because they are cancelled, but we are watching shows on Netflix, Acorn and Britbox that going in we know only have one or two seasons....."

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Watching this currently.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information