Page 170 of 238 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I like Rey, Finn and Poe. Rose sucks ass. It's not the actress's fault, she did fine, it was just a piss poorly written character. Her sister was badass, she was only in it for about 39 seconds though.
    My issue is with what some crazy old school fans did to the actress. She got death threats over a friggen character she played in a movie. I have little to no respect for star wars dude bros.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    My issue is with what some crazy old school fans did to the actress. She got death threats over a friggen character she played in a movie. Ihave little ro no respect for star wars dude bros.
    Reminds me of what happens in the Ghostbusters reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    1 - Princess Leia is guilty of that too, though
    True

2- he got half of them killed and disobeyed direct orders...so that cannot be right.
    Yes, he deserved getting scolded & demoted, but continuing to berate him every chance she got in front of everyone isn't going to create the unity they need to have to carry on a successful fight.

3. She didn't tell him her plans.
    I'm not aware of anyone but Leia having advanced knowledge of her plan, did I miss someone?

4- Enough of them lived as opposed to just going straight and dying.
    They survived because plot armor, provided to them by Kylo who let Luke get into his head, which created the diversion needed to give everyone a chance to escape the death trap that Vice Admiral Evening Gown & Leia led them into. I know Poe plan was just a waist of time, so I don't know alternative plan they could've done with their limitation, but her plan was also a disaster because it was based on the assumption that someone would get their distress message & come to their rescue. With the First Order in hot pursuit, & led by commanders too incompetent to figure out that all they needed to do was hyperspace to just in front of the resistance fleet to cut them off, they never had a chance of being able to hold out long enough for those reinforcements to arrive even if they did get the distress call.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Poe continued to question her in front of everyone. She tried to excuse herself from him. He chose to ignore the chain of command, she continued to berate him each time he did. He went as far as staging a mutiny.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Her people, in high command knew.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Poe tried a hostile takeover, was she supposed to feed him cookies? He already showed he had no respect for Leia's command. He couldn't be trusted as a leader to ensure lives were protected. There is a limited number of the rebellion and he didn't preserve lives.
    She was treating him with contempt long before his attempt of a hostile take over. Nevertheless, Poe of The Last Jedi wasn't the same as Poe of The Force Awakens. See the paragraph that you didn't respond to in the previous post.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Her people, in high command knew.
    High command doesn't share the plan with everyone when there isn't aplan where people escape with their lives. All you can do is keep people calm and hope for help to arrive. Her plan was to get as many as she could out safely. Not fly into the enemy and lose the rest of their fleet, which was poe's plan.

The plot armor when half of them die?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    She was treating him with contempt long before his attempt of a hostile take over. Nevertheless, Poe of The Last Jedi wasn't the same as Poe of The Force Awakens. See the paragraph that you didn't respond to in the previous post.
    Yes, because he openly questioned her command and treated her like she couldn't lead when it was his actions that got half the fleet killed.

High command doesn't share the plan with everyone when there isn't aplan where people escape with their lives. All you can do is keep people calm and hope for help to arrive. Her plan was to get as many as she could out safely. Not fly into the enemy and lose the rest of their fleet, which was poe's plan.
    yep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

My issue is with what some crazy old school fans did to the actress. She got death threats over a friggen character she played in a movie. I have little to no respect for star wars dude bros.
    I liked Rose, I just didn't like the meaningless mission that she & Finn were sent off on. Its disgraceful that very small segment of society treated her in that manner. Unfortunately, social media has given jerks like that an equal platform to express themselves as everyone else.

Kylo/Luke issue wasn't even involved in those scenes, you're mixing up the battle with the ship on the string and the battle on crait.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The plot armor when half of them die?

No.
    Actually, didn't all of the survivors were able to fit on the Millennium Falcon? So it was probably more like .00001% survived. If it weren't for plot armor, they would've all been wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Actually, didn't all of the survivors were able to fit on the Millennium Falcon? So it was probably more like .00001% survived. If it weren't for plot armor, they would've all been wiped out.
    If it wasn't for holdo, they would have all been wiped out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Kylo/Luke issue wasn't even involved in those scenes, you're mixing up the battle with the ship on the string and the battle on crait.
    Your right, but you're combine 2 separate issues. Luke show up to distract on the planet to provoke Kylo into a 1-on-1 dual that prevented the First Order troops from advancing into the cave to wipe them all out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information