Thread: Kubiak / Dennsion presser at OTA's

Default Kubiak / Dennsion presser at OTA's

Figured I'd start a separate thread for this so it doesn't get swallowed in the Clady thread:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak: Clady was setting up to pass block and "felt his knee buckle." Played another snap, said his knee was sore.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We really weren't that worried last night. ... Unfortunately we got some horrible news."

Kubiak: "I just feel bad for Ryan. He's worked really hard."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Kubiak: Team learned of the torn ACL today after MRI. "There will be no decisions" on what's next today.

Kubiak said there's no immediate decision as to whether he is officially out for the season. Will know more in 8-10 days.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Kubiak: "Ryan's not only a veteran on this team, he's a leader too."

Kubiak: "Up front we have some young guys who are going to have to accelerate the process here."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I think the thought is to leave Chris (Clark) on the right side. We practiced Ty (Sambrailo) on the left."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 12m12 minutes ago

Rookie Ty Sambrailo practiced at left tackle today. Plan is to leave Chris Clark at RT. Michael Schoefield in mix too for LT.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak on Ty Sambrailo: "He's not a rookie anymore. As of today he's about a four-year veteran."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Plan is for Clady to wait for the swelling to go down and then go in for surgery.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We felt like when we drafted Ty he was athletic enough to play on both sides."

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Yep. Clark and Sambrailo as our tackles is the current plan. Man, I hope we come up with a better Plan B.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Dennison:

OC Rick Dennison: "We'll move them (OL) around at practice." They're "not in a huge rush" to make a final decision today.

OC Rick Dennison: Both Sambrailo and Schofield are learning and growing, learning how to communicate with fellow O-linemen.

Dennison doesn't feel the OL needs to be set at the start of camp. Wants competition during training camp. "Game situations are key for us."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison. "I'm not matter-of-fact (about Clady's injury). I'm crushed."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison: "We're going to do what we do best, whoever are the 11 out there."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Broncos OC Rick Dennison on whether Ty Sambrailo is ready for LT: "Don't have a crystal ball. He's athletic. He's smart."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison: Ben Garland's footwork "is getting better" ... adds that all the OL are doing well at footwork, communication.

5. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Kubiak on Ty Sambrailo: "He's not a rookie anymore. As of today he's about a four-year veteran."
    Kubiak can say all he wants. But, when Sambrailo is trying to pass block Robert Mathis, he's not going to be playing "like a 4 year veteran." Clady was a vastly superior prospect back in 2006 than Sambrailo is now (Clady was the #11 pick of the draft after all), but he was totally "schooled" by DeMarcus Ware that season. Not surprising for a rookie, even the best.

Our one known quantity at OL is speaking at Dove Valley:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

Louis Vasquez "Damn:what else can you think about when a player of his caliber goes down." #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Louis Vasquez says that he will lean on Chris Clark to be another leader on the OL.

Louis Vasquez says of C Gino Gradkowski, that "so far we've meshed."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Vasquez: "It's our job to protect Peyton. If we're not doing our job, he can't do his."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Vasquez on Ty Sambrailo: "He's got to grow up quick." Said he's held his composure well in practices.

Louis Vasquez says a young OL must learn how not to get flustered, and how to leave a bad play behind & move on to the next snap.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Vasquez: "With Ryan down, there's more of a sense of leadership from me. I don't feel it from the coaches. But I put it on myself."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Vasquez on new offensive scheme: "As linemen, we love it."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Vasquez said he hasn't been approached about a position change. "I'm pretty sure I'll stay where I'm at."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Louis Vasquez says that Ben Garland has "picked up the offense pretty well." Describes him as a "hell of a player."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Vasquez: "This is my first time being part of such a young offensive line. ... It is a little different."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Vasquez said it is different being on a line w such uncertainty "I know how we start now could change in August and could change after OTAs"

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

crap

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Kubiak can say all he wants. But, when Sambrailo is trying to pass block Robert Mathis, he's not going to be playing "like a 4 year veteran." Clady was a vastly superior prospect back in 2006 than Sambrailo is now (Clady was the #11 pick of the draft after all), but he was totally "schooled" by DeMarcus Ware that season. Not surprising for a rookie, even the best.
    Cugel, Clady was drafted in 2008 not 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Yep. Clark and Sambrailo as our tackles is the current plan. Man, I hope we come up with a better Plan B.
    Plan B will be chip blocking with TE's and backs out of the backfield. On field adjustments-something the prior coaching staff was completely incapable of.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Cugel, Clady was drafted in 2008 not 2006.
    Not to mention the fact that Clady faced Ware in the 2nd preseason game that year. A rookie LT getting schooled by the best pass rusher in the NFL during his 2nd preseason game? I'm not sure anyone would expect anything different. What's your point Cug?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information