Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Regardless of who is coach, I would like to see Paton encourage him to hire a guy on the opposite side of his discipline to be Asst. to HC Offense/Defense. If it’s Quinn, then he hires his bright young OC, but also a Asst. HC-Offense that helps with creative game plans, etc, but the OC calls the plays.

If it’s Hackett, he does the same, but on the defense. I believe this approach will free the HC up to deal with big issue things, and will have a guy to hold the “other side” accountable. Also, I think it’s OK for that guy to be a bit of an ******* like Alex Gibbs was for Shanny.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Regardless of who is coach, I would like to see Paton encourage him to hire a guy on the opposite side of his discipline to be Asst. to HC Offense/Defense. If it’s Quinn, then he hires his bright young OC, but also a Asst. HC-Offense that helps with creative game plans, etc, but the OC calls the plays.

If it’s Hackett, he does the same, but on the defense. I believe this approach will free the HC up to deal with big issue things, and will have a guy to hold the “other side” accountable. Also, I think it’s OK for that guy to be a bit of an ******* like Alex Gibbs was for Shanny.
    I just want the HC to be competent enough to handle clock management (for either side of the ball) and make reasonable challenges from time to time.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post

I believe, at least it used to be- you couldn’t just steal somebody else’s dc or OC without making them an assistant head coach. It couldn’t be a lateral move is what I’m saying

My takeaway is that apparently you need good players in addition to good coaches.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    My takeaway is that apparently you need good players in addition to good coaches.

Yes, it drives me crazy that fans, and even some pundits think that because a unit is ranked low, then it automatically must be because the coach sucks. I remember either Polumbus or Stink saying that Aaron Glenn's #31 ranked defense on the Lions overachieved this year when you take into account the scrubs that he had playing from week to week. Fans don't care, but other coaches do.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Tom Brady is older than any of the head coaches he’ll be facing in the NFC...

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

cryptic tweet from Woody Paige:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And the peasants rejoiced

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

13. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    cryptic tweet from Woody Paige:

Those are definitely not selling points to any aspiring candidate

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I think it comes down to when would you stop doing the same thing that has not been working for you?
    Time to break the mold and think out of the box. Choosing a coach is not the answer, putting together the right team is...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Y'all thought the Drew Lock Wars of 2021 were bad, just wait for the Dan Quinn Wars of 2022!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    damn right!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Y'all thought the Drew Lock Wars of 2021 were bad, just wait for the Dan Quinn Wars of 2022!
    If what I just posted comes true it wont matter who the HC is. Quinny will be fine.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information