Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to talk about Dan Quinn

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default We need to talk about Dan Quinn

This story is six years old, but might have some relevance this offseason if/when Fangio is dismissed.

Quinn had hoped for package deal with Paton
    One of the hottest coaching candidates in the current hiring cycle is Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. One of his top choices for partnership when it comes to the construction of a roster is off the market.

According to a league source, Quinn had a strong interest in working with Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton. But Paton decided not to interview for the two current G.M. positions, with the Jets and the Bears. Instead, Paton will remain in Minnesota.

It remains to be seen whether Quinn ultimately receives an offer in the current cycle. He has been or will be interviewed by the Jets, Bears, Falcons, 49ers, and Bills.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...al-with-paton/

Personally I'm not big on bringing in another old school defensive coach -- and wasn't impressed with Quinn's tenure in Atlanta. But it sounds like their connection runs fairly deep if Quinn was trying to sell them as a package deal... and he's gonna be on the short list of available HCs with experience this off season.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This story is six years old, but might have some relevance this offseason if/when Fangio is dismissed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...al-with-paton/

Personally I'm not big on bringing in another old school defensive coach -- and wasn't impressed with Quinn's tenure in Atlanta. But it sounds like their connection runs fairly deep if Quinn was trying to sell them as a package deal... and he's gonna be on the short list of available HCs with experience this off season.

I'd be more than happy to give Quinn another go. He's some bad second-half play-calling by Shanahan away from winning a Super Bowl with Atlanta.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Offense is the dominant side of the ball. He's also closer to being old than young.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Terrible choice, unless he's somehow bringing Russell Wilson with him.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'd be more than happy to give Quinn another go. He's some bad second-half play-calling by Shanahan away from winning a Super Bowl with Atlanta.
    Yeah but he's a 4 - 3 guy and the roster is not built for that alignment at all at this point. And bad play calling or not there was good play-calling and good play by one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league to get them in the position to win

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Hell no

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Good grief. That team completely imploded the minute Shanny walked out the door
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Good grief. That team completely imploded the minute Shanny walked out the door
    quinn inherited matt ryan and julio jones, and his only dominant offenses came with kyle as OC, nevermind one bad call in a critical spot. . . the one constant his whole time there was the inability to put together a championship level defense. . .

tell me again why he'd even be considered for another HC position. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    quinn inherited matt ryan and julio jones, and his only dominant offenses came with kyle as OC, nevermind one bad call in a critical spot. . . the one constant his whole time there was the inability to put together a championship level defense. . .

tell me again why he'd even be considered for another HC position. . .
    The same reason Vic will.

#fart
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Yeah but he's a 4 - 3 guy and the roster is not built for that alignment at all at this point. And bad play calling or not there was good play-calling and good play by one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league to get them in the position to win
    I was thinking the same thing but MO’s been pretty convincing that Quinn is no longer running a Cover-3, or even a true 4-3.

Not that MO was keen on Quinn.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I don't hate the idea of Quinn as a HC, but we desperately need to hire an Offensive mind the next time around.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    2 of those 4 are legit. How VJ is even being considered is astounding to me. Not high on Quinn after the Fangio debacle. We need a young offensive guy at HC, and maybe convince wade to come back as DC LOl
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    2 of those 4 are legit. How VJ is even being considered is astounding to me. Not high on Quinn after the Fangio debacle. We need a young offensive guy at HC, and maybe convince wade to come back as DC LOl
    Wade never should have been allowed to leave the building. IMO Elway didn't like how much credit Wade got for SB50 and his ego got hurt.

23. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Or, maybe you need a defensive guy who will hire a young, dynamic offensive mind to run the offense. I really, really love that Quinn has moved away from the Seahawks Legion of Boom cover 3 defense to fit with the times. It’s the type of coach I’d love to see try to adapt new concepts and hire innovators. Mike McCarthy needs to get praised for his work of changing both his philosophy and scheme, as well. Obviously, not on that list but part of this particular topic.

You need guys willing to be flexible, not try to be specific on which side of the ball they coach.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information