Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To: Streaming DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Over the Internet To Your Laptop/Desktop or HDTV

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Default How To: Streaming DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Over the Internet To Your Laptop/Desktop or HDTV

This is for those poor saps (like me) who had to move and can't have DirecTV installed where they moved to because the landlords won't allow it. So if you know someone who has it, you can offer to split the package with them, and then login on the internet, patch it through to your laptop, desktop, or even to your big screen hdtv (if you're smart like me )

It's also for those who travel and can't be home to catch the game.

To patch Streamed NFL Sunday Ticket to your big screen follow the directions below

Note: For desktop and laptop viewers wishing only to watch from their computers, follow Steps 1 & 5 only.

Step 1: connect to the internet with your

Step 2.) then connect your laptop to your tv using this cable

6 ft VGA to RCA Componet Cable for PC Laptop TV HDTV (on ebay for like $10 shipped)

to the Hi-Def RGB ports (red, green, blue) on your HDTV

Step 3.) change the input source on your tv to the proper input.

Step 4.) connect your laptop audio port (head phone jack) to your surround sound with this

line out cable (headphone jack on 1 end, rca's on the other, available at Radio Shack for $9)

and set your surround sound to the proper setting.

Step 5.) now go to your directv account online, login. https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/login.jsp then on the top menu bar mouseover Sports, then the drop down menu comes down select NFL Sunday Ticket. Once the page loads, click on NFL Sunday Ticket-To-Go (requires purchase of NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (previously Superfan Package)

Watch games on your computer

Super-high resolution streaming, Mix Channel and more.
    NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Online takes your online experience to the next level. Not only do you get every game every Sunday, as well as highlights, scores and stats, on any laptop or desktop — PC, Mac or iPad — with Internet access**, but new for 2010, you also get:

• HD-quality streaming: See every play with greater clarity than ever
    • Create-Your-Own Mix Channel: Watch up to four live games of your own choosing at the same time on one screen
    • Picture-in-Picture: Easily switch between two NFL games
    • Complete schedules by league and team
    • Division and Wildcard standings

click the button, it will ask you for your directv login and password, enter them and wahlah! you're done!

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

If your laptop/computer has an HDMI connection, and your TV does as well, then you can also use the HDMI cable which should also carry the sound to the TV.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

can we get a sticky on this Tned?

We have too many stickies right now. You might just want to bump it on Saturday or Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We have too many stickies right now. You might just want to bump it on Saturday or Sunday.
    ok. or since it does pertain to all nfl teams, you could move it to "Other NFL Teams discussions" and sticky it there. just a suggestion. if not i can bump it

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Hopefully you have better coverage than the crappy preseason streams the NFL provided!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hopefully you have better coverage than the crappy preseason streams the NFL provided!!
    these come straight from DirecTV and are not subject to bandwidth restrictions.

Not to mention, they are in total HI-Def and they are the real deal.

my dad didn't have the NFL Ticket last year, but i took my laptop over to his house and we streamed it and it was awesome. Quality was great, feed was perfect.

these DirecTV boys don't mess around.

Adopted Bronco:

I'll find it elsewhere. I just dont have a desire to pay a small fortune for ALL the games, when I'm mostly interested in one in particular each week. Personal preference.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Ok.. just so I'm not misunderstanding.

If someone already has NFL network, then they are able to connect to the net and watch the games, thus you are logging into their account, correct? So, they (your friend) is not broadasting to you from their computer then, correct?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'll find it elsewhere. I just dont have a desire to pay a small fortune for ALL the games, when I'm mostly interested in one in particular each week. Personal preference.
    that's why you find a friend who has DirecTV and wants Sunday ticket and you split the cost with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Ok.. just so I'm not misunderstanding.

If someone already has NFL network, then they are able to connect to the net and watch the games, thus you are logging into their account, correct? So, they (your friend) is not broadasting to you from their computer then, correct?
    it's not NFL Network. it's DirecTV w/ NFL Sunday Ticket.

and no they are not broadcasting from their computer, you are getting it directly from DirecTV's stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    that's why you find a friend who has DirecTV and wants Sunday ticket and you split the cost with him.

it's not NFL Network. it's DirecTV w/ NFL Sunday Ticket.

and no they are not broadcasting from their computer, you are getting it directly from DirecTV's stream.
    Thats what I meant. Ok. So they only have to have the "on the go" package, and that allows them to log in and watch their Sunday Ticket via the internet. So then you log into their account, and watch it directly from them. Sa-WEEEEET!!!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

.....I am pretty stupid and lazy and that looks too confusing .....so I'll be snooping around on here looking for a link.

Thanks for posting this though.
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

DTV sucks. I have sunday ticket and am happy with it, but I am ging through an I hate TV in general phase. I only got it for the Denver and Iowa games really. I guess it's worth it now that I think about it. I jsut wish I would watch more games on the weekends.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I have a friend that pays the whole amount for the Sunday Ticket. All I have to do is just go over to his house and watch it free. If I ride my bike, which I often do it's practically free to me. I supply the snacks and stuff like that.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I have a friend that pays the whole amount for the Sunday Ticket. All I have to do is just go over to his house and watch it free. If I ride my bike, which I often do it's practically free to me. I supply the snacks and stuff like that.
    Mooch.....j/k.

Seems to me that being the money hungry ******** DirecTV is/are, they would find a way to put the kibosh on something like this but hey, if it works, I think it's fantastic. Now if I could figure out a way to get out of work on Sundays I'm all set!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information