Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now that we are more sure that this team sucks, here are QB prospects and OT prospects for the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default Now that we are more sure that this team sucks, here are QB prospects and OT prospects for the draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Josh Rosen*, QB, UCLA
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
    Projected Round (2018): 1.

10/19/17: On the year, Rosen has completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,354 yards with 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He had a mixed outing in a loss to Stanford in Week 4. Previously, Rosen completed 34-of-56 passes for 463 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions in a loss to Memphis. Both of his interceptions against the Tigers were bad decisions, and one was returned for a critical pick-six. He was lucky a few more of his passes didn't turn into a few more interceptions.

Rosen had a legendary Week 1 performance, leading one of the greatest comeback wins in college football history. UCLA was down 44-10 in the third quarter before Rosen led the Bruins back to a 45-44 victory over Texas A&M. On the evening, Rosen completed 35-of-58 passes for 491 yards with four touchdowns.

The top-four draft-eligible quarterback prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft are USC's Sam Darnold, Louisville's Lamar Jackson, Wyoming's Josh Allen and Rosen. Of them, Rosen has the best mechanics and is most natural pocket passer. He throws a tremendous ball and can really spin it. Rosen's tight spiral helps him to get his passes through tight windows and beat good coverage. He has serious arm talent along with field vision and pocket presence. Rosen also works under center, which has been rare to see with college quarterbacks in recent years. He has also illustrated that while he has some faults and isn't a dual-threat running quarterback

7/17/17: Rosen completed 59 percent of his passes for 1,915 yards with 10 touchdowns and five interceptions over his six games of 2016 before being sidelined by shoulder surgery. Rosen is a pocket passer, but there is already talk that his character and leadership are lacking. Some team sources have told me that Rosen is disliked by a lot of teammates.

Rosen had an impressive debut as a freshman, completing 60 percent of his passes for 3,670 yards with 23 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He showed off a powerful arm and the ability to be an NFL pocket passer. While Rosen has gotten a ton of hype, the same thing happened with Christian Hackenberg after his freshman season. Thus, Rosen still has more to prove as a junior to be a high first-rounder.

Sam Darnold**, QB, USC
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

10/19/17: Darnold had some early mistakes before leading a comeback win versus Utah. Previously, he bounced back with a solid performance against Oregon State after an upset loss to Washington State. Against Washington State, Darnold was 15-of-29 for 164 yards with zero touchdowns an interception. He also notched two rushing touchdowns, but also lost a game-ending fumble. Darnold threw some great passes against Stanford, displaying his accuracy, arm strength, vision, anticipation and touch. He completed 21-of-26 passes for 316 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions. In 2017, the redshirt sophomore has completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,063 yards with 15 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Darnold needs to improve his decision-making, eye movement, and confidence. He has admitted that confidence has been an issue for him this season. Earlier in the day of the Trojans' upset loss to Washington State, a scout who was doing tape study of USC quarterback Sam Darnold texted me that they thought Darnold was a good prospect and should end up being a quality starter in the NFL, but he thought Darnold was being overhyped as a "can't miss" elite-quarterback prospect. They felt that Darnold was not better on tape this season than Mitch Trubisky or Deshaun Watson were last year.

7/17/17: Darnold was very impressive as a redshirt freshman in 2016. Sources say that while they haven't studied Darnold extensively, he jumped out at them as being a potentially special quarterback. Darnold completed 67 percent of his passes in 2016 for 3,086 yards with 31 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has size, a strong-enough arm and accuracy, plus led USC on a nine-game winning streak to end last season. There is buzz of him being a No. 1-overall talent at the position. Team sources say that the early feedback is that Darnold has good intangibles as well.

Lamar Jackson*, QB, Louisville
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

10/19/17: In 2017, Jackson has completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,322 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has also taken 91 carries for 510 yards and seven rushing touchdowns. Jackson has an amazing skill set with a powerful arm that allows him to make throws off platform that many NFL quarterbacks couldn't even dream of making. He is tough in the pocket, knows his scheme well, and has amazing athleticism and speed as a runner. Jackson looks like a taller version of Michael Vick.

In speaking with a general manager who has scouted Jackson this season, he said this, "[The Cardinals] depend on him too much, and he's trying to do it all. I think he has a learning curve. He will need the right system and right coach, but he's super-talented. [Jackson] suffers with accuracy issues."

Jackson was inaccurate in the first half against Clemson in Week 3, completing only 8-of-20 passes for 83 yards. In the second half, however, he racked up garbage-time yards and completions against backups as Louisville lost 47-21. Jackson completed 21-of-42 passes for 317 yards with three touchdowns and one interception for the contest.

7/17/17: Jackson set college football on fire in 2016 while winning the Heisman Trophy. He was a massive point-producer for the Cardinals. Jackson completed 56 percent of his passes for 3,543 yards with 30 touchdowns and nine interceptions on the year. He also ran for 21 touchdowns and 1,571 yards while averaging six yards per carry.

Jackson has a good athletic skill set, but will need to show more accuracy and pocket-passing skills in 2017. He also faces some size concerns and needs to add weight. Teams do feel that Jackson has a ton of athletic ability and upside to grow. He also has gotten good early reviews for his character, leadership and toughness.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php

Trey Adams*, OT, Washington
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 302.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.32.

10/14/17: Adams has been solid for Washington. He didn't have a flawless season opener against Rutgers, but showed good length, quickness, athleticism and agility. Since then Adams has blocked better, and sources from around the league think he's a first-rounder. One college scouting director said they had a higher grade on Adams than they did on Garett Bolles last year, who was the first tackle taken in the 2017 NFL Draft.

9/1/17: During the summer leading up to fall camp, scouting sources with NFL teams who had gone ahead to work the 2018 class during the spring told me that they thought Adams had the potential to be an elite prospect. Sources say that they think that Adams could emerge as one of the top talents for the 2018 NFL Draft and had him in the top three of all players entering the season. They compared Adams' size and athleticism to Taylor Lewan coming out of Michigan, and also said that Adams has good technique to go with his impressive skill set.

Adams was one of the top left tackles in the Pac-12 in 2016. The Huskies fielded a potent passing offense, and Adams did a nice job of keeping his quarterback, Jake Browning, protected. Adams was excellent against Alabama in the playoff game. In pass protection, Adams shows serious athletic ability for a big-bodied offensive tackle. He is quick, agile, and very athletic playing in space. Adams uses his quick feet and length to neutralize speed rushes, and has an impressive ability to get depth in his drop. He does a superb job of keeping his feet moving and is able to play the typewriter while gliding with edge rushers.

As a run blocker, Adams can create a push at the point of attack. He is a true bull who overwhelms defenders at the point of attack, and he is able to knock defenders back to open holes in their gaps. Adams' speed and athletic ability can be seen as he is quick to hit blocks on the perimeter and the second level.

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 310.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.30.

10/14/17: McGlinchey has blocked well this season and has been a key cog in Notre Dame's potent rushing attack. In his matchup against Boston College defensive end Harold Landry, McGlinchey won the few plays they had against each other.

McGlinchey has been solid to star his senior year. He gave up a few pressures against Georgia and showed a lack of awareness on a couple of plays, but overall, McGlinchey played well against the Bulldogs until the end of the fourth quarter, when he was beaten by a speed rush for a sack-fumble with 90 seconds remaining to clinch a one-point win for Georgia. Prior to that play, McGlinchey did very well in one-on-one pass protection on the blind side. He still had one false start, but looks more disciplined in that regard this year.

9/1/17: McGlinchey could have been the closest thing to a franchise left tackle in the 2017 NFL Draft, but he decided to return for his senior year. McGlinchey wouldn't have been one of the best tackle prospects to come out in years, but he was a very good prospect with upside to be an impactful left tackle.

McGlinchey was very impressive at left tackle for the Fighting Irish in 2016, and one wouldn't have thought that he wasn't playing the position in previous seasons. As a run blocker, McGlinchey can get movement at the point of attack. He flashes heavy hands to push defenders out of their gaps and open holes for his back. In pass protection, McGlinchey looks like a natural at left tackle, showing excellent feet to get depth in his kick slide and cut off speed rushers. He also displays a nice ability to bend at the knee, and that in combination with his feet, keeps him from having to reach after edge rushers. The one consistent problem for McGlinchey is a lot of false start penalties. His 2016 performance suggests that he is a future starting left tackle for the NFL and a first-round pick.

McGlinchey broke into starting lineup during his sophomore year, putting together an impressive season as a pass protector at right tackle. He showed nice athleticism and the strength to open holes in the ground game.

Connor Williams*, OT, Texas
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 290.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-2.

10/14/17: Unfortunately, Williams is out indefinitely. Midway through the first half against USC, he went down with a torn knee meniscus and strained ligaments. It is unclear how long Williams will be out, and Texas hasn't ruled out him returning next season.

I spoke with a general manager who scouted Williams in person this season, and they were disappointed in Williams overall. They felt Williams lacked strength and thought him overhyped.

Williams had a disappointing season opener against Maryland, getting flagged for numerous holds including some that canceled out big plays for his team. He allowed some pressures and hits, too. Williams is a good athlete on the edge, but he should continue to get stronger in his base.

9/1/17: Williams broke into the starting lineup at left tackle as a freshman for the Longhorns in 2015 and locked down the position. He improved as a sophomore as he was a steady pass protector and consistent run blocker. Williams has good length, quickness and athleticism. He needed to add more power, and he is supposedly up to 315 pounds entering the 2017 season. Scouting sources say that at this point, they see Williams as a first-round offensive tackle.

In pass protection, Williams is a good athlete with quickness on the edge. He has length with long arms and height to make it hard for edge rushers to get around him. Williams has quick feet, balance, and gets depth in his kick slide to neutralize edge rushers. Even though Williams wasn't overly powerful last year, he showed a nice ability to sustain his blocks in pass protection.

As a run blocker, Williams is excellent at using his quickness to fire to the second level to hit blocks to spring his running back for some long runs. Williams uses his athleticism to hit blocks in space and is superb at hitting blocks on linebackers to create lanes for the ball-carrier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One bit of good news, is there are no QBs projected high that is over 6 foot 5. This is what have to look forward to.

Unless some of you think this team has hope with the Chiefs twice, at Oakland, Philadelphia, the Pats coming up.

I haven't been impressed with Darn old at all as a special qb. He rarely impresses me when I watch USC every week. Would be far more intrigued with Rosen but he hasn't turned into what UCLA thought he would. The kid from Wyoming, thanks for not stating him. I'm a wyoming fan and he has long term project written all over him.

I just don't think it's a good draft for qbs unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What impressed me most about Darnold was his speed moving through progressions. I haven't seen that much tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I haven't been impressed with Darn old at all as a special qb. He rarely impresses me when I watch USC every week. Would be far more intrigued with Rosen but he hasn't turned into what UCLA thought he would. The kid from Wyoming, thanks for not stating him. I'm a wyoming fan and he has long term project written all over him.

I just don't think it's a good draft for qbs unfortunately.
    I agree, and the irony is at the beginning of this year, this was suppose to be some super QB class.

Darnold or whatever his name, is not impressing me either. This franchise is in real trouble imo.

2nd rd OT and chad Kelley.
    1st rd we need a pass rusher or lb
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Havent really kept up on the scouting reports but have seen Rosen play in a couple of games and do like him a lot. Jackson i think is overrated as far as a pro prospect. At the college level he plays well but i dont think it will translate to the pros. Dont know anything really about Donald and didnt catch Saturdays game but they got destroyed by Dame. As far as the tackles, not familiar with them but i would take them all just to try and fix our issues on the Oline. What do we have to lose? lol

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Darnold has a weird name. Hard pass.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Terence Trent d'Arnold.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Brock has or had bicep tattoos. Should have been a massive red flag.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Terence Trent d'Arnold.
    Hawg is at The Wishing Well.

14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Anyone think Luck could be had next year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Trade away how much of our defense though?

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Grow up.

Brees could be.

We seem to do all right with Colt QBs. Who wants to be a Colt when you could be a Bronco?

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

I'm a Louisville fan (pretty rough right now) I know Lamar Jackson is used to playing behind an even worse OL than what we have now. It's hard to say whether his skills will translate to the Big League, but his stats are awesome, and no one seems to be able to stop him once he leaves the LOS.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information