Poll: Do you like the idea of having 2 wild card teams per league that play a play-in game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New MLB Wild Card Play-In game.

Adopted Bronco:

Think about this. The last day of the 2011 season was one of the gretaest days of baseball...maybe even the greatest overall day that at least I have ever witnessed. With this format...that never happens because regardless of the outcome fo the games everyone was in.

But here's what is going to happen. The final WC spot is going to have 3 teams tie for it. Then you have to play 2 elimination games before getting to the 1 game WC game. The winner of the elimination games will then be using their #3 starter. Then if they happen to win, they move on with what is likely a .500 record.

Anyone can win 1 game in MLB. I hate the 1 game playoff. Either shorten the season and add another series, or keep it the way it is. it's not like the current system is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Think about this. The last day of the 2011 season was one of the greatest days of baseball....
    I hated it. One of the most miserable days of 2011.

3. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I hated it. One of the most miserable days of 2011.
    For you...yes. but my beloved Orioles helped make it a VERY good day.

But fear not...your Sawx will be there this year. They would have to add 15 wild card spots for my O's to get in. At least I have the hometown Phillies and the current location Rangers to watch and cheer for.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Think about this. The last day of the 2011 season was one of the gretaest days of baseball...maybe even the greatest overall day that at least I have ever witnessed. With this format...that never happens because regardless of the outcome fo the games everyone was in.

But here's what is going to happen. The final WC spot is going to have 3 teams tie for it. Then you have to play 2 elimination games before getting to the 1 game WC game. The winner of the elimination games will then be using their #3 starter. Then if they happen to win, they move on with what is likely a .500 record.

Anyone can win 1 game in MLB. I hate the 1 game playoff. Either shorten the season and add another series, or keep it the way it is. it's not like the current system is failing.
    And I cant wait for this to happen.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information