Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Lineman

Default Defensive Lineman

Who do you like in the draft as a defensive lineman? I think Raji will be gone. Here's a link to who's available. http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived skycoyote For This Post:

Just saw an interview on the NFL network which he dominated..

Says he will run a 5.06 40 a 1.66 10 tomorrow and had a 33 vertical today weighed in at 339..

Is a very confident kid and seems to have learned something from not playing in 07..

Would love to see him fall to us but I think that is slim and none..

4. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by skycoyote View Post
    Who do you like in the draft as a defensive lineman? I think Raji will be gone. Here's a link to who's available. http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php
    The two guys that interest me the most after Raji are Ron Brace and Terrance Taylor.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Brace, Dorrell Scott

If Gabe Watson is tendered as a fourth round pick, I would take him without a second thought. If he is tendered at a second round, I would have to think about it but his ability and experience I'd probably still take him.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dean For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    If Gabe Watson is tendered as a fourth round pick, I would take him without a second thought. If he is tendered at a second round, I would have to think about it but his ability and experience I'd probably still take him.
    I wonder how that would change Denver's draft stradegy? If we picked him up for second round pick I wonder if we would trade back so that we could recover the lost pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I wonder how that would change Denver's draft stradegy? If we picked him up for second round pick I wonder if we would trade back so that we could recover the lost pick?
    I would think that we would have to either do that or go even more heavily into the FA market.

12. The Following User High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
    I would think that we would have to either do that or go even more heavily into the FA market.
    I am curious as to how many player Denver would like to pick up out of free agency.

Adopted Bronco:

I am curious as to how many player Denver would like to pick up out of free agency.
    Probably as many as they can get for the value

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Probably as many as they can get for the value
    But with nine picks with possibility of getting more if they down for some reason, I think there might be some kind of cut off point.

Tex- I don't really know but I would imagine that the draft strategy is not set until after they have finished with their free agent acquisitions.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dean For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Tex- I don't really know but I would imagine that the draft strategy is not set until after they have finished with their free agent acquisitions.
    I was just thinking out loud.

anyone pay ant attention to the Taylor kid I think his name was had IIRC 38 reps on the lifting and until about 33 was doing them like he could do it all day..

When he did the agility drills the was one where three guys hold dummies and in between them were lower blocks laid on the the field they had to hit the tall ones and touch the lower ones working left to right and then back and then run of th toe side.. He liked to have knocked the first guy holding the dummy on his ass when he popped it..

I did not see his weight but he had to be 330+ and did not seem overly tall.. If someone can find his times it would be nice to compare them to Raji.. His number was 49.. T Taylor I think his name was..

I liked what I saw.. this guy is gonna be a great NT from what I saw last night..

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Terrence Taylor of Michigan. Dude is a beast. Bit of an underachiever w/ an inconsitent motor. But when he wants to dominate...

He's on my non-Raji short list w/ Ron Brace of BC and Dorell Scott of Clemson

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    anyone pay ant attention to the Taylor kid I think his name was had IIRC 38 reps on the lifting and until about 33 was doing them like he could do it all day..

When he did the agility drills the was one where three guys hold dummies and in between them were lower blocks laid on the the field they had to hit the tall ones and touch the lower ones working left to right and then back and then run of th toe side.. He liked to have knocked the first guy holding the dummy on his ass when he popped it..

I did not see his weight but he had to be 330+ and did not seem overly tall.. If someone can find his times it would be nice to compare them to Raji.. His number was 49.. T Taylor I think his name was..

I liked what I saw.. this guy is gonna be a great NT from what I saw last night..
    It sounds like you're talking about Terrence Taylor. He looks like he's 330 lbs because he only stand 6'0" tall. I've looked at three different scouting reports and got three different weights. 306, 309, and 319 lbs. For what it's worth he was at one time the state heavyweight champion in wrestling in Michigan.

23. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information