Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Here's to the team doing better in OKC than they did in Seattle.
    This space available for lease.

2. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Congrats on your team NTL - they are doing well this year. Is their coach still the coach who was an assistant coach with the Nuggets? I can't remember his name.
    Yes, Scott Brooks is still the Head Coach after taking over from PJ Carllesimo mid-season last year. He seems to be doing a good job and has put together a pretty good coaching staff adding Maurice Cheeks as an assistant.

4. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Kevin Durant has 28 games in a row of 25 points or more, and the Thunder are on a 9-game winning streak.

Wow! is all I can say.

12 more games for KD and he'll overtake MJ for most consecutive games with 25 points or more. That's still a lot of games left, but what a great streak.

The Thunder are putting together one Hell of a ball-club. I couldn't be happier with what they've done.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Kevin Durant has 28 games in a row of 25 points or more, and the Thunder are on a 9-game winning streak.

Wow! is all I can say.

12 more games for KD and he'll overtake MJ for most consecutive games with 25 points or more. That's still a lot of games left, but what a great streak.

The Thunder are putting together one Hell of a ball-club. I couldn't be happier with what they've done.
    They definitely are on a "great roll", and I am sure they will make the playoffs. Do you go to see them play? ps - you might want to remove the word (sucks) from the thread title.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread
    Damn...not tonight!

The Thunda are puttin the hurt on LA-Lakers and I am friggin McLovin it!

9. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I see no way the Lakers will repeat - they may not even get out of the first round

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

11. Default

I was surprised they made the playoffs and glad they gave LA a run for their money. i was hoping (so badly) they would have beaten the Lakers.

~You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do ~

12. The Following User High Fived OhSnap! For This Post:

Its scary to think how good Oklahoma City will be in the future when James Harden hits his potential playing aside Westbrook, Green, and Durant. Krstic isnt a bad inside presense as well.. Theyre probably gonna run the Northwest for most of this decade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Well, this season was a tremendous success. No-one really expected the playoffs, and then to take the defending champs to six games was icing on the cake.

I can't wait to see what they do in the off-season and what we can do next year.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

well layne, your thread title is looking pretty ironic right now. . .

are you going to edit it, or let it continue to fly as a penance?

Small market Thunder about to be big time face of league
    Mon Aug 09,2010 9:47 AM ET By Kurt Helin

The Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers are the undisputed kings of NBA marketing hype. When the league wants to put its best face forward -- opening night, Christmas day -- these are the teams you will see.

But right behind them is the Oklahoma City Thunder.

And that is the rare triumph of a small market in the NBA marketing world.

How small? Oklahoma City is the 45th largest television market in the United States. In fact, there are only three smaller markets in the nation that have a professional sports team, according to Ben Maller.

Yet starting Monday, there will be Kevin Durant as the lead face for Team USA as it gets together in New York.

Last season, the Thunder had one scheduled nationally televised game before the season started. Already this year we know of three -- one opening week, one on Christmas day, one on Martin Luther King day. When the full NBA schedule comes out Tuesday, expect the Thunder to have many more.

The Thunder are the "it" team, the up and coming team. They have the league's leading scorer. They have a young, athletic and exciting squad. They have a team good enough to push the Lakers in the playoffs last season.

Smart money says the Thunder will have more than 20 nationally televised games this season. And you can bet the NBA will be promoting them every chance they get. Market size be damned.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c..._entries/3.php

i have to admit, a small part of me will probably be bandwagoning the thunder going forward, simply because it's cool and refreshing to see the small market team succeed. . . it's nice to see teams that aren't in new york, LA, boston or chicago compete on the big stage. . .

and durant becomes instantly likeable after not only making the committment to the small-town team, but doing so in such a markedly different manner from lebron. . . if/when the nugs are eliminated, the thunder and magic are easy and natural teams for me to "root for," as far as that goes. . . or, at least prefer seeing them win to more of the lakers and celtics. . . you know what i mean. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Well, here we are. .. Year #3 in OKC and home-court advantage in round one against the Nuggets.

Thunder up Baby!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Well, here we are. .. Year #3 in OKC and home-court advantage in round one against the Nuggets.

Thunder up Baby!
    I was really hoping for Dallas instead.

I think it will be a good series, but I like OKC in 6 or 7. I just don't think Denver has enough firepower or clutch time performers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was really hoping for Dallas instead.

I think it will be a good series, but I like OKC in 6 or 7. I just don't think Denver has enough firepower or clutch time performers.
    A month ago I was really scared of you guys. Now I feel a little better as we seem to be firing on all cylinders right now, but Denver is a dangerous team. We'll have to play well to get by you.

Adopted Bronco:

A month ago I was really scared of you guys. Now I feel a little better as we seem to be firing on all cylinders right now, but Denver is a dangerous team. We'll have to play well to get by you.
    OK NTL - let's get it on Seriously, that team you were scared of a month ago was a healthy Nuggets team. Since then, we turned into somewhat like the mash unit. Hopefully we are healthy when the playoffs start.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    OK NTL - let's get it on Seriously, that team you were scared of a month ago was a healthy Nuggets team. Since then, we turned into somewhat like the mash unit. Hopefully we are healthy when the playoffs start.
    You've got thee days.... No more.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information